Trouble in Boers/Bernstein Land - I Can't Be the Only One to Notice?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Dick head on a radio but people are unable to change the station. I was going to post gay but that would mean some of these guys could find their dick.

Lol what? I read that like 5 times and can't figure out what that means. Does that make me gay?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Well, doesn't Bernstein have an obligation to qualify his statements then? If he'd initially made his report to be that Emery had decided to move on from Marshall, that's one thing. But he said "the Bears front office," which could be anyone from Emery all the way up to Virginia herself.

He left too much gray area. He fucked up. It happens.

But Bernstein's on-air persona is such that, when he fucks up, people will line up for miles at a chance to point out that he fucked up. I present this very thread as my evidence.

He is no doubt a dick, but that is how they get their ratings.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because he's ALWAYS that way doesn't mean people should just accept it. If he's going to be a dick all the time then people are going to get on his ass when he's blatantly wrong.

If someone is a dick to you all the time and always thinks they're right then when they're wrong you're going to throw it in their face and be a dick right back because they deserve it.

Sounds like you're speaking from experience.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
My source last night told me it's still a good chance he's traded this off-season. Complete and utter headcase who ruins the locker-room.

Granted, my source worked in line more with Emery; but they are still a presence around Halas Hall.

And yes, I actually am beingi 100% serious.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My source last night told me it's still a good chance he's traded this off-season. Complete and utter headcase who ruins the locker-room.

Granted, my source worked in line more with Emery; but they are still a presence around Halas Hall.

Is ChicagoMike your source?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It appears the Spiegs and Mannelly show is no more.
Matt Spiegel ‏@MattSpiegel670

My guy @PatrickMannelly is an honest class act, & possesses great "teammateship" as his old boss once said. Been a pleasure. More on Monday.

Wonder what happened?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It appears the Spiegs and Mannelly show is no more.

Wonder what happened?

"Former Chicago Bear Patrick Mannelly is stepping down after five months as Matt Speigel’s midday co-host at CBS Radio sports/talk WSCR AM 670, sources said Friday.

Mannelly is expected to announce Monday that he plans to drop his full-time duties at the Score but will continue as a Bears pre-game host and contributor during football season.

Mitch Rosen, operations director of the Score, declined to comment on changes to the midday lineup. But insiders said the move raises several intriguing possibilities for the station in revamping the show, which airs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.

One option could be the return of Spiegel’s longtime former partner, Dan McNeil, who chose not to renew his contract last year and has been off the air since then. Mannelly, who retired last June after 16 seasons with the Bears, was named McNeil’s successor in September.

Also considered a strong possibility is the hiring of David Kaplan and David Haugh for middays at the Score. Sources said Tribune Media would be willing to release Kaplan from the remaining 11 months of his contract with news/talk WGN AM 720, where he has been a fixture for 20 years. Haugh, veteran sports columnist for the Chicago Tribune, is a free agent in radio."

The rest is here...

http://www.robertfeder.com/2015/01/30/with-mannelly-leaving-score-midday-job-up-for-grabs/

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
"Former Chicago Bear Patrick Mannelly is stepping down after five months as Matt Speigel’s midday co-host at CBS Radio sports/talk WSCR AM 670, sources said Friday.

Mannelly is expected to announce Monday that he plans to drop his full-time duties at the Score but will continue as a Bears pre-game host and contributor during football season.

Mitch Rosen, operations director of the Score, declined to comment on changes to the midday lineup. But insiders said the move raises several intriguing possibilities for the station in revamping the show, which airs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.

One option could be the return of Spiegel’s longtime former partner, Dan McNeil, who chose not to renew his contract last year and has been off the air since then. Mannelly, who retired last June after 16 seasons with the Bears, was named McNeil’s successor in September.

Also considered a strong possibility is the hiring of David Kaplan and David Haugh for middays at the Score. Sources said Tribune Media would be willing to release Kaplan from the remaining 11 months of his contract with news/talk WGN AM 720, where he has been a fixture for 20 years. Haugh, veteran sports columnist for the Chicago Tribune, is a free agent in radio."

The rest is here...

http://www.robertfeder.com/2015/01/30/with-mannelly-leaving-score-midday-job-up-for-grabs/

Damn, thanks for that info.

I thought Mannelly was pretty decent. He was a little awkward in interviews always unintentionally cutting people off in the middle of their answers, but he had a lot of good stuff on the Bears that I appreciated.

I hope they don't bring back McNeil. I couldn't stand listening to him.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

Since when the fuck have you ever had a source?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

The rest is here...

Damn. Some guys on her called that mannely would be done.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Mannely wasn't bad but he also wasn't good enough especially outside of anything Bears related. For a radio guy he was pretty bad and he didn't appear to be getting any better.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The rest is here...

Oh sweet jesus. Fucking terrible.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sucks. I'd rather have McNeil back than the other two. Manelly, I thought, was good enough. I liked that he added credibility and could shut B&B up when they were saying stupid shit. Which is most of the time.