Rahim Moore would be great FA

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
I think that the Bears have the cap space to sign R. Moore and Patrick Willis. Signing those two and having a solid draft would make the Bears competitive real quick.

Liked Posts:
With all the Denver connections what's the chance the bears go after a 24 yr old FA safety who has played good and will only get better as he enters the prime of his career.
Rabin Moore fits a Major need and isn't a player who you have to worry about the backend of his contract since he is 24.

He certainly would make a good signing, along with Wisniewski at Center, & it would lessen the possibility of the F.O. making a bonehead move like drafting Landon Collins with the 7th pick.

Liked Posts:
Sign him and stop the Landon Collins with the 7th pick bullshit.

Absolutely. If Ray is on the board you almost have like the idea of taking him. IMO Ray at #7, if he's on the board is a no brainer. Have to watch out for Atlanta though, they've proven they'll pay a kings ransom to move up for a need. I think Ray would fit flawlessly in a role like Aldon Smith played in Fangios defense.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that the Bears have the cap space to sign R. Moore and Patrick Willis. Signing those two and having a solid draft would make the Bears competitive real quick.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Willis is a FA.

corbi328

Liked Posts:
He is a candidate to be released due to his contract and the fact the 49ers have the Borland kid from Wisconsin in the wings ready to take his position. They are trying to trade him right now but that won't work. My guess is they end up releasing him and the Bears swoop him to start him as one of their MLBs in the new 3-4 alignment.

Regarding Rahim Moore, he and OL Orlando Franklin are two Bronco FA I think would fit in great with the Bears. The Broncos have a ton of FA and may need to let a couple young players like these guys walk in order to keep their FA TE and WR who will be looking for big money.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Absolutely. If Ray is on the board you almost have like the idea of taking him. IMO Ray at #7, if he's on the board is a no brainer. Have to watch out for Atlanta though, they've proven they'll pay a kings ransom to move up for a need. I think Ray would fit flawlessly in a role like Aldon Smith played in Fangios defense.

That was Atlanta's MO in the past, but I wonder whether that's changed since Dimitroff was sidelined/demoted and with Pioli doing most of the heavy lifting when it comes to scouting/roster evaluation. It sounds like they've got a Mark Hatley/Ted Phillips thing going now where Dimitroff is just managing the cap and negotiating contracts while Pioli is the de facto GM.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Willis may become a cap casualty

All this Willis talk is perplexing. Exactly how is a 30-year old LB coming off an injury-riddled season a good signing for a defense that has far too many injury-riddled, 30 plus-year old players?

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
All this Willis talk is perplexing. Exactly how is a 30-year old LB coming off an injury-riddled season a good signing for a defense that has far too many injury-riddled, 30 plus-year old players?

because he's a leader, tone-setter, cerebral and physical, and knows vic's defense. our defense also isn't that old if you consider briggs/tillman are FAs. the only guys over 30 with major snap contributions are Ratliff and Allen. all our LBs are young scrubs, that position group actually needs a veteran leader.

edit: forgot about mighty mouse, he's 31.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you rather have Moore or Chris Culliver AND Jeron Johnson?

I'm pulling those names off of Windy's off-season and by no means do the Bears necessarily have interest in Culliver and Johnson, but Moore will probably cost as much as those two put together or close to it.

The Bears need quantity over quality at this point- its just something to think about.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
because he's a leader, tone-setter, cerebral and physical, and knows vic's defense. our defense also isn't that old if you consider briggs/tillman are FAs. the only guys over 30 with major snap contributions are Ratliff and Allen. all our LBs are young scrubs, that position group actually needs a veteran leader.

edit: forgot about mighty mouse, he's 31.

But how does Willis fit into the strategic situation that the Bears find themselves in? Are they going to compete next year? No. Are they going to compete in 2016? Probably not, unless they have an incredibly good draft this year. So signing a 30-plus player for FA market money does them absolutely no good, because he'll be 32 by the time the Bears ready to compete and likely in significant decline by then. That's exactly the time when they need cap flexibility to add key pieces, not have it tied up in foolish, short-sighted signings that made the team slightly better during years in which they were never in a position to compete anyways.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
But how does Willis fit into the strategic situation that the Bears find themselves in? Are they going to compete next year? No. Are they going to compete in 2016? Probably not, unless they have an incredibly good draft this year. So signing a 30-plus player for FA market money does them absolutely no good, because he'll be 32 by the time the Bears ready to compete and likely in significant decline by then. That's exactly the time when they need cap flexibility to add key pieces, not have it tied up in foolish, short-sighted signings that made the team slightly better during years in which they were never in a position to compete anyways.
A top 3 LB in the league, 30 mil in cap space, top 10 pick in the draft. All star cast on offense. It's safe to say we can compete in 2015 if we can grab willis

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
A top 3 LB in the league, 30 mil in cap space, top 10 pick in the draft. All star cast on offense. It's safe to say we can compete in 2015 if we can grab willis

If Willis comes cheap enough, sure.

His talents are undeniable, but he's been banged up the past few years while being on the wrong side of 30. If we dedicate a fair chunk of change on him and he can't regain his former durability...it'll be a bad sign for us.

I'm hoping the Bears plan on building something rather than going after a quick fix. The Bears must get younger/cheaper/deeper.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
A veteran FS would really help the team. Moore or McCourty would be really good signings and the only big FA's I want.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
With all the Denver connections what's the chance the bears go after a 24 yr old FA safety who has played good and will only get better as he enters the prime of his career.
Rabin Moore fits a Major need and isn't a player who you have to worry about the backend of his contract since he is 24.

Why do you guys like him so much? He's a very average safety who is afraid of contact. I think you guys are going to be disappointed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears can probabluy afford Moore and Culliver.

Moore is my 2nd safety FA target after McCourty.