Mirotic Selected to Rookie-Sophomore World Team

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
U.S. Team: Trey Burke (Utah), Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Detroit), Michael Carter-Williams (Philadelphia), Zach LaVine (Minnesota), Shabazz Muhammad (Minnesota), Nerlens Noel (Philadelphia), Victor Oladipo (Orlando), Elfrid Payton (Orlando), Mason Plumlee (Brooklyn), Cody Zeller (Charlotte)

World Team:Steven Adams (Oklahoma City), Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee), Bojan Bogdanovic (Brooklyn), Gorgui Dieng (Minnesota), Dante Exum (Utah), Rudy Gobert (Utah), Nikola Mirotic (Chicago), Kelly Olynyk (Boston), Dennis Schröder (Atlanta), Andrew Wiggins (Minnesota)

TIL I learned Adams, Olynyk, and Wiggins are foreign.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Alexander is definitely an Aussie. Not sure about Olynyk, didn't know that about him.

I like the concept.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Good lord everyone on the World team is over 6'6" with the exception of Schroder whos like 6'0. And they are all long armed too. This is going to be one odd game to watch I think.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good lord everyone on the World team is over 6'6" with the exception of Schroder whos like 6'0. And they are all long armed too. This is going to be one odd game to watch I think.
Giannis running point for 15 minutes should be entertaining in and of itself. He just looks so awkward with the ball

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Giannis running point for 15 minutes should be entertaining in and of itself. He just looks so awkward with the ball

I know, right? I see the same thing in Snell too (though I'm not comparing their games). It just looks weird and out of control but somehow it works.

Liked Posts:
I'm not really feeling the US vs World concept, but I'm glad Niko is getting some recognition

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
I'm not really feeling the US vs World concept, but I'm glad Niko is getting some recognition

I actually like it. And if the World wins, maybe it will finally expose how woefully unprepared American players are for the NBA by going thru the AAU system & college systems.

I find it incredibly sad that the country that created the game can't even teach it's young people the right way to play it. Leave that up to the Europeans to stress hardwork, discipline, & learning all the ins & outs of the game. American youth basketball is a complete joke & has created a generation of lazy players, who if they ever put the damned effort in, could be potentially dominant stars.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm guessing this is the only way to get the best pool of players, because East-West and Rookie vs Sophomore are way unballnced? IDK, I'd rather they kept traditions and not change the ASG so damn much. IMO, that's part of the problem, because as soon as the NBA's ASG interest drops, they mix it all up, failing to recognize that it's because of the players not because they have uninteresting events.

I miss the All-Americans vs All-Stars games though.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Who the heck is Alexander?

98329419_crop_340x234.jpg