Where Does Josh McDaniels End Up Coaching After the SB?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ole, why so much interest in the McD? Are you on the bandwagon? Do you think in his 2nd stint he will be great?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

New England. To be honest.

I'm a McDaniels fan. But I don't think anyone is going to hire him as an HC... from Patriots OC. An Emery would hire a Trestman for an HC job (& Trest was a successful HC in the CFL), and an Emery type might hire McDaniels for an HC. But I think the failure of Trestman at HC is going to hurt McDaniels chances of landing an HC over the next 2 years, because I think he's seen as a Trestman type -- offensive heady genius that doesn't have the gravitas & type-A skills to be an HC.

You've heard me say it before... I don't think McDaniels will ever be hired as an HC until GMs see him be successful somewhere other than under Belichick's wings.

Don't really get all the Trestman references. Not really any similarity in the 2 scenarios imo.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ole, why so much interest in the McD? Are you on the bandwagon? Do you think in his 2nd stint he will be great?

because he is the dark (white) horse. He was anathema to the league after denver, and some say that was partly due to cutler (although I disagree), but he has persevered and trotted out yet another triumphant offense with the spotlight off him, and as much as I love a strong running game and defense, we need offensive acumen in our proud, historic franchise in order for it to survive as anything more than a relic and a laughingstock. You know, people like Pullman Rail Cars. They were the founding rail car of rail car history. But would you like to ride in one today?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the Rams or Chargers move to L.A., I could see it. Fresh start, big market, and the media-friendly offensive firepower. In a couple years, he will be ready to replace John Fox. Thoughts?

He's a smarmy little prick and I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of my team.

He totally failed in Denver. Totally failed as OC in St. louis.
He does OK under Belichik, but it's time to give Bill the credit - all his OC's do well in NE, and nowhere else.

McDaniels sucks.

Want me to tell you how I really feel?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
because he is the dark (white) horse. He was anathema to the league after denver, and some say that was partly due to cutler (although I disagree), but he has persevered and trotted out yet another triumphant offense with the spotlight off him, and as much as I love a strong running game and defense, we need offensive acumen in our proud, historic franchise in order for it to survive as anything more than a relic and a laughingstock. You know, people like Pullman Rail Cars. They were the founding rail car of rail car history. But would you like to ride in one today?

There's also the psychotic overbearing reputation to being under the Pullman history. I think that element is still relevant to a guy like McDaniels... you wind up with both with a guy like that unless you can have him act wise and mature. I don't think Josh has matured to the point of being a good HC from anything I've seen of him yet. Maybe he never will and some people are great Coordinators but should never be a HC. Like a Todd Haley type as an offensive guy.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

word

Agree that Trestman's demise does not mean the bears should go 180 on moving the O into the 21st century.

Sounds like Gase is of the new school modern era in his approach. So even if Fox is more of a relic, hopefully there is enough creative tension that we are not back to Turner 2.0.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's a smarmy little prick and I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of my team.

He totally failed in Denver. Totally failed as OC in St. louis.
He does OK under Belichik, but it's time to give Bill the credit - all his OC's do well in NE, and nowhere else.

McDaniels sucks.

Want me to tell you how I really feel?

yes, I do!

Liked Posts:
If the Rams or Chargers move to L.A., I could see it. Fresh start, big market, and the media-friendly offensive firepower. In a couple years, he will be ready to replace John Fox. Thoughts?

He continues to suck milk from the teat of Brady.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I think McDaniels will stay on with NE for next year - I think he replaces Coughlin upon his retirement with the Giants. Him and Eli fucking squirt out for an 18-0 ass blasting year in 2016.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think McDaniels will stay on with NE for next year - I think he replaces Coughlin upon his retirement with the Giants. Him and Eli fucking squirt out for an 18-0 ass blasting year in 2016.

I wouldn't bet against you on that

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Where will MCD coach next? Hell. He seems perfect there

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Why are we discussing where he will go for 2015 when all the jobs have been filled?

The only place that still has an opening is St. louis, and he has already been there. If he sets foot back in St. louis, they'll get torches and pitch forks.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
kliff-kingsbury.gif