Who Is Now Mr. Baseball

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tom Selleck! Even at his age, he can hit better than Gordon Beckham.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I vote Jake Taylor.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What about Mr. October? Deserves a mention by some bare minimum.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is probably just one guy who I think reminds me of Ernie Banks and that guy is Mr. Padre, Tony Guinn. Tony was a great player and a great ambassador to the game. He was also as smart a baseball guy as one could ever be. It was a big shame that he did not live longer not just because of who he was but also what he did for young players.

That's my guy.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Mr. October? Deserves a mention by some bare minimum.

reggie jackson was known as one of the biggest assholes amongst the league. thats disrespectful to ernie banks.

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have heard from a couple of people that I know who met him and they all said he is a complete dick.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is easy, Slamming Sammy Sosa! Keep it in the Cubs fam! They cant prove shit! :cubstroll2:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I really believe it would have been Sammy

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
reggie jackson was known as one of the biggest assholes amongst the league. thats disrespectful to ernie banks.

Okie doke. I had no idea nor do I have a real concept of which high-face-time baseball players are genuine or have great public relations. My buddy organizes 501c organization events for a number of charities and non-profits, and raves about Reggie as the single nicest celebrity he has ever met. I guess anyone can be nice, but that doesn't make them a nice person.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If we're strictly talking about current players, I think Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout both do great jobs being positive ambassadors for the game and match that with excellent play on the field. Baseball is different than football and basketball in our country in the sense that there are a lot of tremendous foreign players that have huge lasting impacts in their home countries (think Ichiro). So, to me, there are many different "faces of the sport" that we don't know about because we aren't seeing that particular media exposure.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think a current player can be counted on as Mr Baseball

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okie doke. I had no idea nor do I have a real concept of which high-face-time baseball players are genuine or have great public relations. My buddy organizes 501c organization events for a number of charities and non-profits, and raves about Reggie as the single nicest celebrity he has ever met. I guess anyone can be nice, but that doesn't make them a nice person.

yea he may be cool now though. as a player and soon after he retired he was known to be just a big time asshole of baseball. maybe he has changed. see ernie banks reputation on and off the field and retirement were very much the same. a genuine nice warm hearted individual.

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
How could I have forgotten about Donnie Baseball? Don Mattingly would be a terrific choice, if he wasn't currently coaching.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is probably just one guy who I think reminds me of Ernie Banks and that guy is Mr. Padre, Tony Guinn. Tony was a great player and a great ambassador to the game. He was also as smart a baseball guy as one could ever be. It was a big shame that he did not live longer not just because of who he was but also what he did for young players.

That's my guy.
*Tony Gwynn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk