Derrick Rose is the Bulls problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandparobbie

Liked Posts:
The problem the Chicago Bulls is Derrick Rose. He is probably one of the least efficient basketball players in the NBA. Given his low shooting percentage, his poor shot choice, his turnovers, his poor decision-making and sloppy passing on the court, his poor running of the team's offense, his misunderstanding of his own strengths and weaknesses, leave the Bulls into an uncharacteristically, unidentifiable and poorly organized team on the court no matter how good the chemistry is in the locker room.

When Derrick Rose said "we aren't getting it done", a couple of weeks ago he should've said "I'm not getting it done". He projected his own failures onto the team. Derrick Rose will never be an all star again unless he learns how to run the team efficiently. He has lost his understanding of what it really takes to win. That last possession before overtime against the Lakers was pathetic; why not drive to the rim, draw a foul or kick to an open player.

Everybody is giving him a pass because of his past injuries but the truth is he needs somebody to be breathing on his neck and showing him how to run the team on the court. I blame Rose for the Bulls' challenges. Also Thibodeau's style of exhausting his players like he did Thursday night in overtime against the Lakers was ruinous. It's just a matter of time before other players get injured due to the physical exhaustion as noted in the Laker game. Then the team will fall apart due to mass confusion. If they wind up forth in the Eastern conference they will not make it to the second round of the playoffs.

Tell me I'm wrong!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose is still going through adjustments of coming back. Couple this with this core hasn't really played together much and we get the whacky results of last night.

The problems go beyond Rose, but he is part of the problem. He's also not the least efficient player in the NBA right now. But he needs to recognize games like last night and learn to distribute to his other offensive options more often, something he certainly isn't use to as he had no other options when he last played.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The problem the Chicago Bulls is Derrick Rose. He is probably one of the least efficient basketball players in the NBA. Given his low shooting percentage, his poor shot choice, his turnovers, his poor decision-making and sloppy passing on the court, his poor running of the team's offense, his misunderstanding of his own strengths and weaknesses, leave the Bulls into an uncharacteristically, unidentifiable and poorly organized team on the court no matter how good the chemistry is in the locker room.

When Derrick Rose said "we aren't getting it done", a couple of weeks ago he should've said "I'm not getting it done". He projected his own failures onto the team. Derrick Rose will never be an all star again unless he learns how to run the team efficiently. He has lost his understanding of what it really takes to win. That last possession before overtime against the Lakers was pathetic; why not drive to the rim, draw a foul or kick to an open player.

Everybody is giving him a pass because of his past injuries but the truth is he needs somebody to be breathing on his neck and showing him how to run the team on the court. I blame Rose for the Bulls' challenges. Also Thibodeau's style of exhausting his players like he did Thursday night in overtime against the Lakers was ruinous. It's just a matter of time before other players get injured due to the physical exhaustion as noted in the Laker game. Then the team will fall apart due to mass confusion. If they wind up forth in the Eastern conference they will not make it to the second round of the playoffs.

Tell me I'm wrong!

You're not wrong, and I applaud your honest opinion. Most of his fans don't care and will lash out at you for being "negative."

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Rose is still going through adjustments of coming back. Couple this with this core hasn't really played together much and we get the whacky results of last night.

The problems go beyond Rose, but he is part of the problem. He's also not the least efficient player in the NBA right now. But he needs to recognize games like last night and learn to distribute to his other offensive options more often, something he certainly isn't use to as he had no other options when he last played.

Rose is playing like he's played his whole life. His lack of efficiency has nothing to do with his past injuries.

I mean seriously, how does a starting PG have 1 assist in 43 minutes of play? One. His poor shooting, one-on-play and non-existent defense are major problems for the Bulls.

There are obvious signs of his attitude taking a toll on team chemistry as well. I've never seen him be so disconnected from his teammates, and generally just pissed off at the world before.

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:

Tell me I'm wrong!

Your not wrong. I'm going to pile on. He can't shoot. Even with 2 off seasons working on his shot, he still can't shoot. But even more glaring, is the quickness he no longer has. Whether it's the extra weight he has put on, or age, he can't get to the hoop as easily as he used to, Jeremy Lin was blowing past him regularly last night, yet when Rose attacked Lin, he couldn't do it. He's had long enough to get the rust off of his game and there is nothing there people. We need a different point guard.

We are stuck with him too, because of the home town stuff. Even if the Bulls were had enough guts to trade him, the rest of the league has seen enough of him, and wouldn't want him.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Your not wrong. I'm going to pile on. He can't shoot. Even with 2 off seasons working on his shot, he still can't shoot. But even more glaring, is the quickness he no longer has. Whether it's the extra weight he has put on, or age, he can't get to the hoop as easily as he used to, Jeremy Lin was blowing past him regularly last night, yet when Rose attacked Lin, he couldn't do it. He's had long enough to get the rust off of his game and there is nothing there people. We need a different point guard.

We are stuck with him too, because of the home town stuff. Even if the Bulls were had enough guts to trade him, the rest of the league has seen enough of him, and wouldn't want him.

Other teams would take him for less money than he's making right now. The Knicks and Lakers would probably give him a max contract just on name recognition alone.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I said my piece about Rose in the Lakers IGT. So I want to avoid being that guy who runs around just repeating the same agenda and poluting the forum. But I do think Rose has gone into diva mode, and he needs to snap out of it. Easier said than done.

Liked Posts:

Tell me I'm wrong!

Great post. You better ready yourself for the bucket brigade throwing excuses on your negative comments about Rose.

I agree with practically everything you said. Rose is still playing like its 2011 and he was almost exclusively the scoring option. But things have changed and his failure to recognize this stems from combination of him being selfish and stupid. He's not making others better. It's an odd mix seeing his AAU style of play trying to mesh with the infusion of offensive skill that's been added. And guys are deferring to Rose --they probably don't have a choice--but you can't legitimately argue that they're involved in the offense with Rose playing as you discussed. It's like Rose is playing for team Rose when everyone else is playing for each other. The other players have offensive skill. The ball needs to move around and there are guys who can facilitate this but it's wasted largely because of how Rose plays.

It's a frustrating thing. He heavily brands him self as a son of Chicago and a lot of people love this. But the sentiment for this narrative isn't allowing them to be honest about admitting what you're saying. A lot of people think Rose is the Bulls. Not the case. And sorry but I like the Bulls more than I like Rose. It's not even close really. People want a lot of his flaws to be taboo. There's not a lot of intellectual honesty taking place as a result. Either that or there isn't a lot of intellect involved with these people. Either way, it's a frustrating topic with Rose. They should probably let him raise his value then trade him. But it's doubtful they'll do that. We're probably stuck with enduring the frustrating play that you're discussing here.

Liked Posts:
Other teams would take him for less money than he's making right now. The Knicks and Lakers would probably give him a max contract just on name recognition alone.

There is something to this. Not all teams are free agent destinations. So they might be willing to take a star player who is locked up for a while. I was thinking the Suns might be a candidate for a trade. And I wouldn't even looking to be fleecing a team given the acknowledgment of what the situation is. In other words, an acknowledgment of being better off without him is driving this. For this reason, it doesn't make sense to keep him on the roster out of some obsession with "winning" a trade.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

What's weird is Rose has trouble guarding Jeremy Lin and blowing past him, but actually does a good job on Stephen Curry... Is that just him taking things for granted then?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Roses inconsistency is part of the problem but that's only a fraction of it.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
What's weird is Rose has trouble guarding Jeremy Lin and blowing past him, but actually does a good job on Stephen Curry... Is that just him taking things for granted then?

I forget on who it was on TNT that said it but they basically said he will go all out against top PGs but doesn't do that against the others which effects the team because he's not setting the tone in those games. He may be right.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I forget on who it was on TNT that said it but they basically said he will go all out against top PGs but doesn't do that against the others which effects the team because he's not setting the tone in those games. He may be right.
In which case SOMEONE like Thibs needs to reign that in.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose always turns up for the star matchups. In many ways this is sort of like how the team plays. Against top teams they'll try hard and hustle and do things we want them to do. Against bottom feeders? Meh.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
In which case SOMEONE like Thibs needs to reign that in.

Thibs holds very little sway over Rose at this point, especially when you consider the tension between Thibs and the FO.

Status
Not open for further replies.