CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Brett had this posted over on the White Sox forum, but I thought this information was worthy over here, as well, concerning the Pirates. It may impact some of the pre-season lists posters have put together here.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...best-in-2015-toronto-blue-jays-boston-red-sox

7. Pirates: It's no longer just the Andrew McCutchen Show at PNC Park, though the 2013 MVP's offensive numbers were, amazingly, even better in '14. McCutchen's supporting cast has improved considerably, thanks to the breakout of third baseman Josh Harrison and the rising production of Starling Marte. The Bucs were one of the game's most productive teams in the second half last season, despite severe regression for Pedro Alvarez, who could be due for a bounce-back season with his shift to first base. And though his initial break-in left a bit to be desired, Gregory Polanco gives the Pirates an opportunity to field a truly dynamic outfield. The Pirates also figure to have a strong bench with the addition of Korean home run hero Jung-Ho Kang, Corey Hart and Sean Rodriguez.

Losing Russell Martin was a big blow on both sides of the ball, but the Pirates still project to field one of the National League's deeper and more well-rounded lineups.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Brett had this posted over on the White Sox forum, but I thought this information was worthy over here, as well, concerning the Pirates. It may impact some of the pre-season lists posters have put together here.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...best-in-2015-toronto-blue-jays-boston-red-sox

I tend to agree on this assessment of the Pirates but there are some ifs there and this just looks at bats. Their pitching isn't as good as one would like. Still if reports of Wainright and Wacha being ouchy persist I might just pick Pittsburgh to win the Central.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Cards
2. Reds
3. Cubs
4. Bucs
5. Brewers

I think the Reds and Cubs will be within 2 games of each other.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Reds are almost done. they could have a nice season but I think their door is closed.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Reds are almost done. they could have a nice season but I think their door is closed.

I agree. I think after this next season the Reds are going to be a dumpster fire.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

I think they could be done now. You're right they could have a decent season but I wouldn't pick them higher than 4th. The Pirates on the other had, with a few few key questions answered, could look better than the Cardinals by the time the season starts.

Six

Liked Posts:
Im a cubs fan, so I pick:
1: Cubs 162-0
and I dont give a rats ass after that. They can all fail as far as I'm concerned.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Predict the Cubs Record This Year

Hey guys. I heard it's safe for Cubs fans to post here again.

What do you think the Cubs record will be this year.

I'm going with 82-80.

***ONLY CUBS FANS ARE ALLOWED TO ANSWER THIS***

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still in there occasionally....the closer it gets to WrestleMania, the more there is to talk about

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
88-74--- Go for the GUSTO BABY!! :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
73 - 89 Cubs record from last year.
+5 - Wins due to Maddon and new coaching staff, as well as trying to win all year.
+3 - Wins due to Kris Bryant and Cubs prospect development.
+3 - Wins due to roster upgrades, especially OBP players who translate to runs.
+5 - Wins due to Lester, a better staff, and better catching.
____

89 - 73 record enough to barely win an exciting and tough division.

#GoCubs :cubs:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here is one of many. You can't have an NL prediction thread without a general feel for what the Cubs record might be.

1. Cardinals 89-73
2. Pirates 87-75
3. Cubs 85-77
4. Brewers 81-81
5. Reds 75-87

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/64731-ChiCitySports-Rules-and-Guidelines

Just a FYI, those are the site Rules and Guidelines. Take your personal spats to PM, or ignore users(either with the ignore feature or using the old-school analog ignore method) and move on.

Please don't derail threads just because you don't like other users or their opinions.

Thank you for merging Crys.

I don't think there were any personal spats going on in the thread I made because I didn't see this one.

Also, I rather enjoy the CUBS fan posters. Not just here but elsewhere on the boards.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
73 - 89 Cubs record from last year.
+5 - Wins due to Maddon and new coaching staff, as well as trying to win all year.
+3 - Wins due to Kris Bryant and Cubs prospect development.
+3 - Wins due to roster upgrades, especially OBP players who translate to runs.
+5 - Wins due to Lester, a better staff, and better catching.
____

89 - 73 record enough to barely win an exciting and tough division.

#GoCubs :cubs:

Man I sure hope you're right.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Man I sure hope you're right.

If I just said 89 wins, it seems tough to swallow, but when you look at the additional wins per Cubs improvement, it seems to make some sense. I see no reason why Maddon can't bring 5 more wins, etc. But in a "Cubs record prediction thread", I reserve the right to be optimistic.

The one thing I will predict is that the Cardinals will bean the Cubs a few times this year. :elephant: Which I will like with our hard throwing bullpen.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If I just said 89 wins, it seems tough to swallow, but when you look at the additional wins per Cubs improvement, it seems to make some sense. I see no reason why Maddon can't bring 5 more wins, etc. But in a "Cubs record prediction thread", I reserve the right to be optimistic.

The one thing I will predict is that the Cardinals will bean the Cubs a few times this year. :elephant: Which I will like with our hard throwing bullpen.

So you feel Renteria was trash and should have been fired even before Maddon became available?