What is the board consensus on Vic Beasley?

Liked Posts:
I watch clips of this guy and am stunned at his pure speed. Beasley is just a complete terror as a pass rusher, even (and especially) this year with opposing teams knowing he's coming at them.

Would he fit in as a Von Miller type player in Fox's defense?

Fowler, Dupree, and Beasley are all probably going to be available to us at #7, and while Beasley's size is not ideal, he is undoubtedly the best pure edge rusher in the draft.

Thoughts?

Liked Posts:
There's so many pass rushers in this draft, and I wouldn't be surprised if we picked the worst one.

It certainly happened with OT when we drafted Chris Williams.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Beasley just seems to small for me, not saying he wont make it but the reports were that he plaed last season at 225 (10 under his listed weight). As a pure pass rusher he is awesome and can become a 8+ sack a year guy in that role.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is he eligible to be signed for a vet minimum contract? If not, fuck'em.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
well he an absolute terror off the edge and maybe the best pure pass rusher in the draft. obviously his size will limit him. i'm interested to see what he weighs in at at the combine. it looks like he's got pretty long arms for his size but he will be hard pressed to be an every down player.

that said, he is stronger then his size would indicate and very few prospects coming into the NFL have his first step, easy acceleration and ability to bend around the tackle. he's a guy who in the right defense with the right coordinator could be a star.

CuttyDoesIt6

Liked Posts:
I think he's either going to be really good, or a huge bust. Nothing in between. He'll probably end up falling in the draft to the 20's though.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well, except for being 40lbs lighter, not as fast, no signature move, and not having 110 career NFL sacks. But in every other way he's exactly like Freeney!

Does/did Freeney have a signature move (The Freeney Flop?)? I can't think of many players with signature moves ... and they usually are not a good thing, like The Butt Fumble or the Houston Jackass Celebration.

I would worry about him being 40 lbs lighter and not being as fast, but, I wouldn't worry about the sacks because Freeney didn't have 110 career NFL sacks when he was first drafted.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does/did Freeney have a signature move (The Freeney Flop?)? I can't think of many players with signature moves ... and they usually are not a good thing, like The Butt Fumble or the Houston Jackass Celebration.

I would worry about him being 40 lbs lighter and not being as fast, but, I wouldn't worry about the sacks because Freeney didn't have 110 career NFL sacks when he was first drafted.
The way Freeney was able to drop his shoulder and bend that corner with speed and power was his signature move. He made good players look silly.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Have to go with the spin as Freeney's signature move...he smoked guys with that constantly. He'd make it look like he was converting speed into a bullrush then suddenly the LT's hands would just go right through him as he spun past their interior shoulder.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Freeny ran 4.48 so beasly might be faster but he was also much heavier.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
If he doesn't show good strength at the combine then he will be a bust

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Undersized, speed only rusher, who probably cannot physically beat NFL OTs.

If he doesn't beat you with his first step he is not beating you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Freeny ran 4.48 so beasly might be faster but he was also much heavier.

Freeney was also very strong.

His bull rush that he used to set up his spin move was devastating. He use to give HOF John Ogden fits with his power and leverage.