Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Come-on man. Erick Aybar? Alexi smoked him offensively. Aybar's okay and is a good offensive short-stop but Alexi is the best offensive short-stop in the AL. Besides, you said that he was only "average" offensively. That really is absurd. He is at the top of the heap offensively at his position. Find some other thing to argue.

Aybar and Reyes had higher wRC+. Ramirez's career is in the low 90s, that isn't an offensively good player. Sure he hits some dongs, but that is kind of it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Being the best hitter on a 73 win team is sort of like winning a cutest farm animal award.

I said ONE of the best hitters on the team last year.

So now, according to Purple_Rain, all players on losing teams are below average. Abreu won ROY on that same 73-win team. Is he below average too? There is no logic or reason to anything you write. Reality must be a very strange and uncomfortable place for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You have issues that go beyond a huge strawman.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Um. It wasn't a serious post. Brett got it. You need to take a deep breath every now and then.

Brett got it? That's Brett's problem then because the analogy was ridiculous.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Come-on man. Erick Aybar? Alexi smoked him offensively. Aybar's okay and is a good offensive short-stop but Alexi is the best offensive short-stop in the AL. Besides, you said that he was only "average" offensively. That really is absurd. He is at the top of the heap offensively at his position. Find some other thing to argue.

Their stats are almost identical. Aybar had a higher WAR 3.9>3.0.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Aybar and Reyes had higher wRC+. Ramirez's career is in the low 90s, that isn't an offensively good player. Sure he hits some dongs, but that is kind of it.

Ignoring a guys extra base hits, slugging percentage and stolen bases while he maintains a good batting average is not giving the guy a fair evaluation. They do not give out Silver Slugger awards just for home runs. Besides, you talked about Alexie being pretty average offensively for a short-stop then refer to only two being "better" than he is. Are there others?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Their stats are almost identical. Aybar had a higher WAR 3.9>3.0.

No they are not almost identical and I do not pay attention to WAR because one does not need it to evaluate different players. Alexi runs all over Aybar in terms of driving in runs and hitting with power while essentially being even with him in BA and OBP. Its a clear win for Alexie, ergo the Silver Slugger.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No they are not almost identical and I do not pay attention to WAR because one does not need it to evaluate different players. Alexi runs all over Aybar in terms of driving in runs and hitting with power while essentially being even with him in BA and OBP. Its a clear win for Alexie, ergo the Silver Slugger.

Aybar had 68 RBIs, Alex had 74, but Alexi runs all over him in terms of driving in runs, yet Aybar had a .278 AVG and .321 OBP compared to Alexi's .273 AVG and .305 OBP and they're essentially even. Yeah, okay. Aybar's OPS was .700, Alexi was .713. The only thing Alexi was far and away better at was HRs. Everything else was practically a wash. LOL @ your argument being his Silver Slugger.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Aybar had 68 RBIs, Alex had 74, but Alexi runs all over him in terms of driving in runs, yet Aybar had a .278 AVG and .321 OBP compared to Alexi's .273 AVG and .305 OBP and they're essentially even. Yeah, okay. Aybar's OPS was .700, Alexi was .713. The only thing Alexi was far and away better at was HRs. Everything else was practically a wash. LOL @ your argument being his Silver Slugger.

The POINT is that Alexei is an ABOVE average shortstop in every conceivable way, contrary to what the Cubs fans here have been saying about him. Focusing on his career numbers is an obvious attempt to dismiss his performance last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
My favorite part in this whole circle jerk is the comments section. It predictably begins with a disgruntled cubs fan wondering why they weren't shown any love...followed by the even more predictable and hilarious arguments. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I didn't always hate the cubs. Their fans drove me to it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
My favorite part in this whole circle jerk is the comments section. It predictably begins with a disgruntled cubs fan wondering why they weren't shown any love...followed by the even more predictable and hilarious arguments. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I didn't always hate the cubs. Their fans drove me to it.

I think that any cubs fans who are disgruntled about not being shown love can't distinguish the difference between potential and actual. You just can't say they are going to be better without any significant additions because you think the guys you have are going to be better.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that any cubs fans who are disgruntled about not being shown love can't distinguish the difference between potential and actual. You just can't say they are going to be better without any significant additions because you think the guys you have are going to be better.

We have added Dexter Fowler, Montero, Lester, Hammels. Include Rizzo and Castro just touching their prime ages. How did they not add or get better? So, you saying until they get better is like saying Abreu and Eaton could regress. They arent guaranteed to produce or get better. You assume they will. Same with Cubs.

Roadhouse!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ever hear of extra base hits? Ever hear about slugging percentage? I guess a 50 point difference in slugging percentage isn't important? You LOL all that you want to but over his career, Alexi has been the best offensive short-stop in the AL or at least in the top two. Aybar is a good offensive short-stop but he lacks power numbers which are pretty much ignored by all of the WAR zealots which is just another example of how geeks make up new stuff to try and get their geekness noticed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have added Dexter Fowler, Montero, Lester, Hammels. Include Rizzo and Castro just touching their prime ages. How did they not add or get better? So, you saying until they get better is like saying Abreu and Eaton could regress. They arent guaranteed to produce or get better. You assume they will. Same with Cubs.

Roadhouse!

The difference is that the Cubs have been the laughing stock of baseball for the last 100 years. Over that time period my ancestors have heard so many times from the little cub fans ancestors how much "talent" is coming to Piggley Field. And the mindless drivel that are Cub fans kept buying into this crappola. So many media pukes want it to happen also and why??????? BECAUSE THEY WANT THIS GREAT STORY THAT'S WHY?

All they have is a bunch of draft picks coming up that they have "earned" because of the great incompetence in organization throughout their history and this will be no different. They pay this newly evolved metric advocate from Boston and he is going to be their salvation. They hire the horn billed glasses geek from the Rays and he is going to be their salvation/ They are going to fail and why???? Because they are the dog assed Cubs, that is why.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Being the best hitter on a 73 win team is sort of like winning a cutest farm animal award.

Is Castro going to be allowed of jail in order to play in the states this year?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Are you lonely in the Sox forum, Hawk? You already quoted and responded to that post on page 1 of the thread.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The difference is that the Cubs have been the laughing stock of baseball for the last 100 years. Over that time period my ancestors have heard so many times from the little cub fans ancestors how much "talent" is coming to Piggley Field. And the mindless drivel that are Cub fans kept buying into this crappola. So many media pukes want it to happen also and why??????? BECAUSE THEY WANT THIS GREAT STORY THAT'S WHY?

All they have is a bunch of draft picks coming up that they have "earned" because of the great incompetence in organization throughout their history and this will be no different. They pay this newly evolved metric advocate from Boston and he is going to be their salvation. They hire the horn billed glasses geek from the Rays and he is going to be their salvation/ They are going to fail and why???? Because they are the dog assed Cubs, that is why.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.