Sox Offense #9 for 2015

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ever hear of extra base hits? Ever hear about slugging percentage? I guess a 50 point difference in slugging percentage isn't important? You LOL all that you want to but over his career, Alexi has been the best offensive short-stop in the AL or at least in the top two. Aybar is a good offensive short-stop but he lacks power numbers which are pretty much ignored by all of the WAR zealots which is just another example of how geeks make up new stuff to try and get their geekness noticed.

:facepalm:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We have added Dexter Fowler, Montero, Lester, Hammels. Include Rizzo and Castro just touching their prime ages. How did they not add or get better? So, you saying until they get better is like saying Abreu and Eaton could regress. They arent guaranteed to produce or get better. You assume they will. Same with Cubs.

Roadhouse!

Lester and Hammels contributes to the offense how????

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Stating that the cubs are a laughing stock seems very rational.

I, for one, laugh at them quite often.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Your problem is that it is you who is not rational. Rational people do not really believe that the Cubs have a chance to win anything. That is based on past performance and actuality, not pipe dreams. As for not awarding me "points", what are "points" as it pertains to anything on this board? I just speak the truth. As in Piggley Field is a shit hole. Cub fans are the least knowledgeable fans in baseball. The Cubs will finish last in their division yet once again. And the Cub management will laugh all of the way to the bank by hawking this supposedly great FAN EXPERIENCE that they sell to the dummies entering their gates.

Better start ponying up that bail money for Castro pretty soon or you mihgt have to dig up Adolpho Phillips to play short for your team this spring:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you lonely in the Sox forum, Hawk? You already quoted and responded to that post on page 1 of the thread.

Are you concerned about me? Worry about yourself and the Cub forum, whatever that is. Is it part of this forum site? A sort of home for losers?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think a look at what average means would be beneficial for all sides here.

Let me try.....

IF you are a Cub fan:

Average for the rest of the league's players equates to ALL-STAR, HOF equivalent for Cub players.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that any cubs fans who are disgruntled about not being shown love can't distinguish the difference between potential and actual. You just can't say they are going to be better without any significant additions because you think the guys you have are going to be better.

The funny thing is that Cubs fans do not even realize that they have a serious mental disorder. They also actually do not know that the entire rest of the baseball world laughs at them. They think it is somehow cool to be a mockery at something.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have added Dexter Fowler, Montero, Lester, Hammels. Include Rizzo and Castro just touching their prime ages. How did they not add or get better? So, you saying until they get better is like saying Abreu and Eaton could regress. They arent guaranteed to produce or get better. You assume they will. Same with Cubs.

Roadhouse!

Is Kerry Wood coming back for another retirement gig? I forget....... did they retire his number yet? Yet another joke when they actually relish in an abject failure of a player retiring.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Are you concerned about me? Worry about yourself and the Cub forum, whatever that is. Is it part of this forum site? A sort of home for losers?
You know the Cubs have been to twice as many World Series as the Sox, right?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lester and Hammels contributes to the offense how????

Well, in my defense, I thought he was talking about the whole team. He may have been talking just offense but I didnt read it that way.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Kerry Wood coming back for another retirement gig? I forget....... did they retire his number yet? Yet another joke when they actually relish in an abject failure of a player retiring.

He played how many major league innings? He was an all star? What were you again? I wouldnt call him a failure.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your problem is that it is you who is not rational. Rational people do not really believe that the Cubs have a chance to win anything. That is based on past performance and actuality, not pipe dreams. As for not awarding me "points", what are "points" as it pertains to anything on this board? I just speak the truth. As in Piggley Field is a shit hole. Cub fans are the least knowledgeable fans in baseball. The Cubs will finish last in their division yet once again. And the Cub management will laugh all of the way to the bank by hawking this supposedly great FAN EXPERIENCE that they sell to the dummies entering their gates.

Better start ponying up that bail money for Castro pretty soon or you mihgt have to dig up Adolpho Phillips to play short for your team this spring:)

Im still enamored talking about bailing Castro out? I dont know where you are from but where I am from. You have to go to jail to be bailed out of jail. I mean maybe I am irrational about the justice system.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Adolpho Phillips was an outfielder, and is very much alive. Perhaps you mean Andre Rodgers or E.Banks who were Shortstops that have passed on. If it's important to you to troll Cub fans, try not to let your Alzheimers and douchebaggery get in the way. :flipa:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Im still enamored talking about bailing Castro out? I dont know where you are from but where I am from. You have to go to jail to be bailed out of jail. I mean maybe I am irrational about the justice system.

We all know why Castro didn't go to jail. In any event, Castro is a hot mess. The Cubs better pray his attitude and immaturity doesn't influence all those young prospects coming up. They might be better off just trading him now that they have Russell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all know why Castro didn't go to jail. In any event, Castro is a hot mess. The Cubs better pray his attitude and immaturity doesn't influence all those young prospects coming up. They might be better off just trading him now that they have Russell.

Well, this is also funny because all I read is how castro has a great attitude. I'm glad people just throw out random thoughts and hope they stick

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adolpho Phillips was an outfielder, and is very much alive. Perhaps you mean Andre Rodgers or E.Banks who were Shortstops that have passed on. If it's important to you to troll Cub fans, try not to let your Alzheimers and douchebaggery get in the way. :flipa:

He is not trolling. I have seen him in the Bears and Bulls forum. Good lord, there is homerism and then there is Hawk. I think he really is Hawk Harrelson. It would make so much sense.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well, this is also funny because all I read is how castro has a great attitude. I'm glad people just throw out random thoughts and hope they stick

And these guys claim Cubs fans are dumb. :D

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He played how many major league innings? He was an all star? What were you again? I wouldnt call him a failure.

Sure he was. A failure of Cubbie fans expectations. Remember how Woods was going to be the greatest pitcher in history? A new record holder for most strikeouts. A new Nolan Ryan. Hell, they couldn't wait to get rid of Greg Maddox. Just not exciting enough for all of those little Cubbie fans dreaming for a flame thrower. Funny stuff.

does the Cubs HOF include Adolfo Phillips and Dick Drott? Just asking. They were as good as Kerry boy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know the Cubs have been to twice as many World Series as the Sox, right?

Hah, Hah, Hah, Hah...... Those that happened before the Civil War don't count. Did you great great great grandpappy tell you how wonderful it was along with Lincoln freeing the slaves?