Blackhawks Trade Rumors Thread

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Doubt they trade Shaw and his contract with Sharp. Wonder who they would get in return? Wonder if trading Sharp now means there was some turmoil amongst the team.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Possibly Green since his contract is up at the end of the year, but we'd need a forward in return as we've lost Kane and to lose Sharp that's a good chunk of offense.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Possibly Green since his contract is up at the end of the year, but we'd need a forward in return as we've lost Kane and to lose Sharp that's a good chunk of offense.

I am thinking green also as it makes complete sense for both teams.

And before anyone goes..it doesn't make sense because greens not a forward...a deal of sharp for green (and i would bet a guy like rozival is included) still allows cap room for the hawks to make another move for a forward elsewhere. Ie vermette..but that would cost a first...not saying it should happen but just an example of what could happen.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think the acquisition of Kimmo means the Hawks are done getting defensemen, which would rule out Green IMO.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I think the acquisition of Kimmo means the Hawks are done getting defensemen, which would rule out Green IMO.

But if you shed one of rozy or rundblad you still have room for another blueliner esp if Oduya is out long. I know everyone is high on tvrs return as am I the kids a good young talent but..do you risk that young talent stepping up for the playoffs after a very long injury? Maybe..maybe not.

Keith seabs
Green hammer
Kimmo runblad/rozy/jvr

If oduya comes back nothing wrong with pairing him with hammer again or kimmo. Pretty strong 6 and Q is also known for sitting 7 blueliners on his bench during the playoffs. I think it could work.

I havent checked shot hands though lol.

This is unlike me to ever build fantasy lines or even speculate about trades and how they will work. I dont know whats wrong with me. This is the first time in years where i have felt the need for the hawks to even make a big move...all has to do with kane. If he were still in i wouldnt even really care if a deal were made or not. And frankly...im not that big of a Green fan anyways but I could accept him as a playoff rental and a means of shedding Sharps contract...and I am a Sharp fan but it smells more and more like he has ran his course with the club.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...and I am a Sharp fan but it smells more and more like he has ran his course with the club.

Rumor is he has an NTC, depending on the quality of the player's wives in the locker ...er dressing room. He was almost part of the Timonen deal, ...cept, again (according to my anonymous sources) two of the Flyers are gay, and another one is bi (handsome BF, dog wife) which left him fewer options on who to do, so he nixed it, which forced us to give up a second round and a conditional fourth. Again, according to an anon source, Arizona has lots of hot wives, many of 'em bi, so there could be three- and four-ways, which means lots of action, so Yandle, Vermette and/or Doan could be part of a deal for Sharp and other Hawks. Caps have pretty hot wives too, cept Ovi, so Green still might be a Hawk by 3/2/15.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Source: #Blackhawks and Capitals have had dialogue about possible trade involving Patrick Sharp.
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) February 28, 2015
Could it be?

Could the Caps be so bold as to acquire a clutch player and proven Stanley Cup leader as Patrick Sharp? If so, what might it take to get him before Monday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline?

Sharp, 33, has two more years and $10.5 million remaining on his contract with the Blackhawks. In 49 games this season he has 10 goals (seven of them on the power play), 22 assists and is a minus-13.

He is clearly having an off-year, especially when measured against last season when he piled 34 goals, 44 assists and a career-high 78 points for the Hawks.

Which begs this question: Why, after losing Patrick Kane for 12 weeks, would Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman be interested in moving Sharp? Does he think this season is the beginning of the end for Sharp’s production?

And if Sharp is moved, whom might the Blackhawks want in return? Joel Ward, who is in the final year of his contract? Former Blackhawks right wing Troy Brouwer, who has one year and $3.75 million left on his deal with the Capitals and is 29 years old?

Maybe the Hawks are interested in Mike Green, who is in the final year of his contract and would look pretty good on a blue line that just added Kimmo Timonen.

No matter who you throw into the mix, the thought of the Capitals adding a player with Sharps’ experience and offensive potential is worth getting excited about -- especially after seeing the way the Caps have played in their last three losses.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Well Sharps agent has apparently spoken to Stan and was told the team has no intentions of trading Sharp by the deadline.

Players wives are rejoicing and planning a ticker tape parade as we speak.

I suspect that Stan and Sharp are running an underground sex tapes operation on the side. Only way to explain the no trading.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharp reportedly is licking his chops after seeing pics of Timonens MILF wife.

She's on the left.

go-red-kirby.ashx

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Erixon on waivers, Cumiskey re-assigned to Rockford, and Dahlbeck was apparently a late scratch. Plenty of stuff happening, who knows if it means anything besides Timonen though. Always interesting this time of year.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 3m 3 minutes ago
Massive speculation that trading of Antoine Vermette of ARI is close. CHI said to be frontrunner.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Massive speculation that trading of Antoine Vermette of ARI is close. CHI said to be frontrunner.

lol... after 5 long years. ... vermette will be finally home!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Lebrun is saying it is a done deal to Chicago pending a trade call.