IGT: BULLS vs Pistons Friday Feb 20th @ 6:30pm on CSN

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

czman

Liked Posts:
Hey man, I'm hoping I am wrong and you are right, but I'm just not seeing it anymore. I've tried my hardest to hang on to the positive things too, but I can't much longer. There is something wrong with the Bulls.

We're seeing a bunch of people who are blaming all kinds of different things, Rose, GarPax, Pau, Kirk, minutes, and everything else. The only common denominator is Thib's. It just doesn't make sense that the Bulls look so good one moment, and so bad the next.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that it is the coaching. I've seen this before. Heck, we saw the same thing with the Bears. There were 40 different ongoing reasons what was wrong with the Bears last year, at it ended up being the lack of leadership.

I am not saying you are wrong. I just think coaches in the NBA get to much credit for wins and to much blame for losses. I never bought into the Master motivator nonsense that people said about Thibs, and I don't think it is all his fault now that the team is not playing hard.

I just think it is too early to call this team DOA. Let's see where they are in a month. The regular season is not all that important. The Bulls shooting issues worry more then their effort. Everyone's effort jumps up in the playoffs. People don't suddenly become better shooters just because it is the playoffs.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't see the game. I just do not see this team going very far in the play-offs. It just needed to add skill in the backcourt and wing and instead they, I guess, owrried about a couple of mid round draft picks that must be much better than experts have graded out the upcoming draft to be. This team is STUCK and it is because of Gar/Pax. They have sucked for the last three years.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls look like they have decided that Snell is their answer going forward and that is a big time gamble. He had what three or for good games in a row? I think that it was a big time mistake. Affalo could have really helped this team. So could have Dragic. So what if they lost the guy after the play-offs? This is what teams do who are close to winning something important. This team was close to winning a title and they fucked it up. They went on the cheap and lacked balls. FUck Gar/Pax.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The Bulls look like they have decided that Snell is their answer going forward and that is a big time gamble. He had what three or for good games in a row? I think that it was a big time mistake. Affalo could have really helped this team. So could have Dragic. So what if they lost the guy after the play-offs? This is what teams do who are close to winning something important. This team was close to winning a title and they fucked it up. They went on the cheap and lacked balls. FUck Gar/Pax.

I don't understand why you keep going on about Dragic. :dunno: You realize that he basically said he wanted to be traded to LA, NY, or Miami, right? Furthermore, the Heat traded four players and two 1st's for Dragic.

What exactly do you think the Bulls could have given up to beat that deal? And most of all, now that Dragic is on the Heat, there's already rumors that he might still split to LA after the season. So did you expect that the Bulls to give up half their team for the last 28 games?

Afflalo was traded for 3 players and a 1st. You're not being realistic with your criticism of GarPax! :smh:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't understand why you keep going on about Dragic. :dunno: You realize that he basically said he wanted to be traded to LA, NY, or Miami, right? Furthermore, the Heat traded four players and two 1st's for Dragic.

What exactly do you think the Bulls could have given up to beat that deal? And most of all, now that Dragic is on the Heat, there's already rumors that he might still split to LA after the season. So did you expect that the Bulls to give up half their team for the last 28 games?

Afflalo was traded for 3 players and a 1st. You're not being realistic with your criticism of GarPax! :smh:

I assume that Riley made this deal before he knew that Bosh was going to be out for the season. So he knew that his chance at a championship was going to be to add a quality player as in Dragic. So he went out and gave up a bunch of garbage to get him. Draft picks that go out to the years that they went out to do not mean shit. Giving up the expiring contracts don't mean shit to me. They did not "lose" one player that would have helped them win a championship this year nor one who they wanted to sign for next year. Not one.

Who the Bulls could have traded is anyone's guess but I do know that the Bulls draft picks were/are worth more than the Heat's. Their bench scrubs were no worse than the Heat's bench scrubs. In fact, I'd have traded Dunleavy or Snell for Dragic which would be worth more to the Suns than the crap that they got back. But they didn't and whatever chance that they had to advance in the play-offs is dead.

They also could have traded for Affalo and had better assets to make that deal also. But they didn't. They didn't do shit, and we will limp into the play-offs with the same worry ass back court players and wing players behind Rose, Butler, and Brooks. Weak ass skilled depth is what they have. But go ahead and pipe dream that somehow, Hinrich, Snell, Dunleavy, and McDermott are somehow going to be counted on for even mediocre performance going forward is really silly in my eyes.