Winston really is dumb huh?

urlacher

Liked Posts:
“Steve Mariucci put Jameis Winston on the [chalk] board as part of our coverage yesterday and Mariucci says that in the many years that he has been doing that for our coverage at the combine, that’s the most astute X & Os guy he’s ever put on the board turned out to be Jameis Winston. He was not only answering the questions that Steve was throwing, but anticipating what the question would lead to next and answering the question before Steve even asks it.” <--- This will be on NFN tonight if you are interested.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2372428-charasmatic-jameis-winston-erasing-doubts-in-nfl-combine-interviews

Excerpts from the above mentioned article "The results were, well, allow me to let one team's personnel man who was in the room with Winston explain.
"I think he's probably the smartest player I've ever interviewed," he told me.
Ever?
"Ever," he responded. "Football IQ as good as I've ever seen."

One scout described how Winston was so impressive with his knowledge of X's and O's that "there was a moment where we kind of looked at each other and said, 'Oh, okay, wow.'"

Apparently Scouts and team personnel's are comparing him to Peyton Manning after all the private interviews, instead of being "exposed" like so many people thought.

In addition, if anyone watched the combine drill, he threw the ball very well too.

urlacher

Liked Posts:
Lets be brutally honest here. What he did is a typical, immature college kids things. He was never arrested for anything. I know what this "off the field" issue is and it is called:- He is black, and he raped a white girl and got away with it.

Plain and simple. Point blank. Otherwise, why ignore the not being charged by anyone while investigated by 4 different entities?

Sad world. WIsh people digged in and looked for information, real legit information before saying a kid is rapist. Hope none of you have son, brothers etc that ever have to go through what he did.

Having said that, he is a immature kid who needs to understand he cant be a goofball and stupid because there is a narrative against him.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Lets be brutally honest here. What he did is a typical, immature college kids things. He was never arrested for anything. I know what this "off the field" issue is and it is called:- He is black, and he raped a white girl and got away with it.

Plain and simple. Point blank. Otherwise, why ignore the not being charged by anyone while investigated by 4 different entities?

Sad world. WIsh people digged in and looked for information, real legit information before saying a kid is rapist. Hope none of you have son, brothers etc that ever have to go through what he did.

Having said that, he is a immature kid who needs to understand he cant be a goofball and stupid because there is a narrative against him.

You are a fool. You obviously believe that because he wasn't convicted that he had no involvement. And we are not talking about a one off incident. But go ahead and justify away. I hope you have no children either. You are a perfect example of a parent that always blames the teachers and coaches for their kids failings and then sues to get the result you want to see.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I was actually impressed by Winston today. I thought he carried himself nicely, and answered questions with both intelligence, wits and humor. He threw the ball well as well, but that I expected.

I still kind of compare him to Jay Cutler, though. Both can sound intelligent off the field if and when they want to, but once they're on the field, they still make stupid-ass mistakes.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
for whatever it's worth every coach that's worked with cutler has said how smart he is and how easily he understands things in the film room.

it's never been a question or intelligence with winston, it's about decision making both on and off the field. regardless, i think he's going top 3 in this draft so it's hardly worth discussing in relation to the bears.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Didn't realize rape and theft were typical college things. Things sure have changed since I went to school.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Didn't realize rape and theft were typical college things. Things sure have changed since I went to school.

Oh yeah bro. Nowadays you buy some rufies, rape a chick, leave her cab fair (if you're a gentleman), then go out and steal some food because you gave the chick you just raped your money for a cab.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Oh yeah bro. Nowadays you buy some rufies, rape a chick, leave her cab fair (if you're a gentleman), then go out and steal some food because you gave the chick you just raped your money for a cab.

Does this only work if you are a black guy raping a white woman?

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Think he'll feel much dumber once he's on the Bucs.

Actually, I think it's a quite decent spot to land as a rookie-QB. The Bucs have an arsenal of big targets for him to throw to (Evans, Jackson, ASJ) and a RB in Charles Sims whom I believe in. The line needs some work, though.

It's not like landing on a team like the Browns, that's for sure.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Instagram, campuswide wifi, dubstep, and guiltless rape and theft man I was born too soon.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Intelligence does not equal common sense. This kid lacks common sense.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:

You are a fool. You obviously believe that because he wasn't convicted that he had no involvement. And we are not talking about a one off incident. But go ahead and justify away. I hope you have no children either. You are a perfect example of a parent that always blames the teachers and coaches for their kids failings and then sues to get the result you want to see.

Urlacher is absolutely right. You believe he was involved despite not being convicted, while I know you are aware that he wasn't even charged following three separate investigations. Maybe, just maybe, it is because there wasn't enough evidence to even bring charges. We have been through this a million times. It is hugely unfair to assume he is a rapist based on what the known facts are. That said, I am bothered by the crab leg thing. His excuse for that was unacceptable. He was caught, he should have just owned it. The rest of all is immature college crap. If that bothers you, then start flaming Peyton Manning and every other player that did stupid shit in college.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
I was actually impressed by Winston today. I thought he carried himself nicely, and answered questions with both intelligence, wits and humor. He threw the ball well as well, but that I expected.

I still kind of compare him to Jay Cutler, though. Both can sound intelligent off the field if and when they want to, but once they're on the field, they still make stupid-ass mistakes.

There are a few other differences. One of them smiles and interacts with his teammates and is a leader. he also wins.