Should We Be Concerned?.

Variable

Liked Posts:
But do we ship Bickell away before playoffs? I mean if the return is good I don't have much of an issue with it, but we lack a big body on the roster if we do that and as much as I think he's a waste during the regular season, he has come up big in the postseason the past two years. I think this maybe the best team we have top to bottom for a season or two since Toews and Kane's cap hit is going to fuck this team till the cap goes up.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

If they have a chance to do that, most likely because the other team willing to make that gamble is because Bickell's played well in the playoffs and they want him for that, a team going all in, then I say you have to make that trade. Because teams might not be as willing come the offseason to take him, and then you're looking at losing more important players because you can't trade Bickell.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I am a glass half full guy when it comes to this team. I know they raise up come the playoffs even in 2011 when they had that off season they managed to push the canucks to that game 7 ot game and nearly beat out the western conference champs. Too much emphasis on the current slump and not enough on the strengths of this roster overall. I dont ming them not showing a fierce hunger right now as i know they find it in the playoffs. Once again this is a team built for playoff hockey not always late reg season hockey. Team Defense always gets tighter in the playoffs and this roster still has strength in that.

My only real concerns are i do think they need an extra blueliner even if its a rental player. It wouldnt hurt. Also im in the camp where the current third line might be the worst for the hawks in a while. Thats partially due to Q not really forming it correctly at the moment but what do i know. q has two rings i have zero.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Lmao at the bickell shit. Skipping record..hes not a flashy reg season guy. Im not a huge fan of him either but he does play well in playoffs. He has the last two playoffs and will again. I know the contract will never be justified but thats moot if he can still produce in the playoffs.

Lets not have another playoffs where saad waits until the third round to play to his strengths? Yah...if he starts the playoffs like a strong powerforward as he did in the Kings series last year then the Hawks are in good shape. If he plays soft perimeter playoff hockey as he did the first TWO rounds last year then there could be trouble. Hawks left wing isnt a team strength if saad isnt at his best. Goes for Sharp also but in his defense if he is slotted as a third line lw? Im worried that we see an offensive struggling playoff sharp again. Sharps a streaky playoff guy like Saad...thats not good. I also expect more from steeg these playoffs. Lw or bust for me.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Lmao at the bickell shit. Skipping record..hes not a flashy reg season guy. Im not a huge fan of him either but he does play well in playoffs. He has the last two playoffs and will again. I know the contract will never be justified but thats moot if he can still produce in the playoffs.

Lets not have another playoffs where saad waits until the third round to play to his strengths? Yah...if he starts the playoffs like a strong powerforward as he did in the Kings series last year then the Hawks are in good shape. If he plays soft perimeter playoff hockey as he did the first TWO rounds last year then there could be trouble. Hawks left wing isnt a team strength if saad isnt at his best. Goes for Sharp also but in his defense if he is slotted as a third line lw? Im worried that we see an offensive struggling playoff sharp again. Sharps a streaky playoff guy like Saad...thats not good. I also expect more from steeg these playoffs. Lw or bust for me.

If you can't trade Bickell, you're probably losing a much more important player in Sharp. For all the talk of him being streaky, even with being nearly a point per game player over the last 4 or 5 years, there should be no actual debate over who the Hawks would be better off with throughout an entire season and playoff. One guy delivers in both, the other doesn't. By all accounts Sharp was hurt last year during the playoffs, he just wouldn't admit to it. Other than that, he's been money in the playoffs. He probably should've won the Conn Smythe that first Cup they had. The second Cup they won he led all players in playoff goals.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Neither guy in my opinion is getting moved before the trade deadline so that discussion can be left until the offseason. I dont disagree with Sharp I think Q has been destroying him the last couple weeks slotting him anywhere but top six. Im a Sharp fan and think he has been treated unfairly by some fickle fans. He may actually be having some knee issues right now also which could explain why his minutes are lower than usuall. Things us fans will never know so i just speculate as to the reasons hes been playing 3rd and 4th line minutes. Playoffs like usual will be a war of stamina and health they may be cutting his minutes right now for that exact reason.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Neither guy in my opinion is getting moved before the trade deadline so that discussion can be left until the offseason. I dont disagree with Sharp I think Q has been destroying him the last couple weeks slotting him anywhere but top six. Im a Sharp fan and think he has been treated unfairly by some fickle fans. He may actually be having some knee issues right now also which could explain why his minutes are lower than usuall. Things us fans will never know so i just speculate as to the reasons hes been playing 3rd and 4th line minutes. Playoffs like usual will be a war of stamina and health they may be cutting his minutes right now for that exact reason.

Sharps a pussy....

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I've been concerned with the defense all season. The next couple weeks should be a fucking train wreck with three of Rundblad/Erixson/Cumiskey/Rozsival in the lineup every night...

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
But do we ship Bickell away before playoffs? I mean if the return is good I don't have much of an issue with it, but we lack a big body on the roster if we do that and as much as I think he's a waste during the regular season, he has come up big in the postseason the past two years. I think this maybe the best team we have top to bottom for a season or two since Toews and Kane's cap hit is going to fuck this team till the cap goes up.

Is the cap set to increase soon?

Hawkins

Liked Posts:
Is there anyone else as concerned as I am about the current state of the Hawks?

I am new here, but there are a lot of posts where everyone thinks they have the remedy for their latest woes (see current home-stand). Does Q and Co. have to go out there on the ice and kick some ass, ala Mike Yao and the Wild? Maybe we need a little third round goalie pick like Dubnyk to help spark this team. What does Craw have, 23 wins so far? I understand that the platooning system might work and there is the ever present injury bugs, but the D is pretty bad. No different for the offense. Where'd everybody go?

Kaner was hot, then Hossa. Toews has what 15-16 goals so far? Sharp? Saad? Bickell? It almost appears IMHO that the team has become complacent. Anyone else feel that way? Yes, I'd like to believe that they are just sitting (almost idling) in the weeds right now, waiting for the playoffs to come. I'd love to see them come alive and hit the ice flying come playoff time. But we have to be careful about seeding and home ice. The Jets are on our tail, and the Wild has been nearly unconscious (and under the radar( as they move up to a potential playoff spot. Sure we beat them in 5 in '13 and 6 in '14, but 6 is pretty close to seven, and you know what they did with Colorado last year......

Home ice can mean everything, or nothing. Better to have it than to not, but there is so much parody in this league and the East is getting stronger and stronger. Anyone can find themselves in the Finals, I just don't want it to be a California or Florida team, (or the Bruins, Philly)! Don't forget about the Predators. They can score in tight and loose games and Renne has been outstanding contributing to almost all of their points with what 42-43 wins? A few S/O games as well. Beware of the sleepers out there. We've had the Preds # this year, but in a 7 game series?

Chicago and Montreal would be awesome, but is Crow capable of outdoing Price and Co.? Mullet Melrose picked Chicago and Pittsburgh for the Cup. That is, if Crosby doesn't develop any hang nails before the playoffs begin. Besides, he has his head up some other team's ass at the moment. Flavor of the week. Got a bandwagon to jump on? This man will sing anyone's praises if they are hot at the time. Do not even get me started with those NHL Network a-holes. It's like Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer giving out advice and football analysis about being an NFL quarterback. He got his ring via default in 2000. Ray Lewis and Co. won that Super Bowl, not Dillweed's prowess at QB! Johnson, the same way with Bucs (defense). Melrose. This man's predictions mean nothing. I almost wish he wouldn't even talk about the Hawks!

Anyway, that's enough for now.........sorry for running off.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
B-lSqe2WsAEofZR.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's too bad the door can't stay closed on the bus when they jump off, unfortunately by the time they land the bus will have driven down to the bottom of the gorge to pick them back up. And their fall while hitting every bump and cliff on the way down leads to even dumper fans and this.

hqdefault.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

This happens every year.

I don't mean this to be dismissive of fans who are newer to the sport, but I think way too many of them are just unfamiliar with the peaks and valleys of an 82-game season.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This happens every year.

I don't mean this to be dismissive of fans who are newer to the sport, but I think way too many of them are just unfamiliar with the peaks and valleys of an 82-game season.
I don't have a problem with bandwagoners that know they are, and enjoy the game for the excitement it brings them when they are ready to pay attention, as long as they know and embrace it. It's the bandwagoners like this who insist they aren't bandwagoners and are actually experts of the game and should be taken seriously.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't have a problem with bandwagoners that know they are, and enjoy the game for the excitement it brings them when they are ready to pay attention, as long as they know and embrace it. It's the bandwagoners like this who insist they aren't bandwagoners and are actually experts of the game and should be taken seriously.

I've got a buddy that texts or tweets me every time Crawford gives up a goal, suggesting he be benched. Fuck that guy.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This happens every year.

I know about the annual circus trip. The Hawks go to Western Canada, a bunch of family members come to the games (seabs' dunc's, steeg's, etc.), then they head down the West coast for games in CA, and some times they gest sone Vegas R&R, so I'M NOT a bandonwagoneer, K?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I've got a buddy that texts or tweets me every time Crawford gives up a goal, suggesting he be benched. Fuck that guy.
Exactly... there is a comfort zone of bandwagon knowledge that i'm ok with... too much and they do shit like that, too litter and they stand in front of you to go piss while the puck is in play. That nice comfort zone when they are just happy for wins and indifferent for losses until they pile up.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he eating that taco or giving it a blow job?

How do you eat tacos?

Seriously though, if the Hawks don't win tonight I'm pushing all you bandwagoners off the cliff (Pez, DMelt, e.t.c.)

And you too, BHP. You're not fooling anyone. :D