Much love to D Rose

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Mr. Rose,

It's unlikely that you'll read this comment, and even if you do, the exceptional mental toughness that you have demonstrated means that it is unlikely that any fan comments, whether good or bad, will have any impact on you.

Regardless, I just want to state that I continue to be a huge fan of you for the class, work ethic, attitude, and decency you have always shown on and off the court. Many fans are reacting negatively towards you. They can all go fuck themselves. They can't comprehend your life. They just look at the dollar signs. They couldn't imagine (nor endure) the amount of work you put in. Yes, you have a natural talent, but beyond that you have a drive and work ethic that no poster on this forum could come anywhere near matching.

Ultimately, I just hope you know that many Bulls fans like myself are behind you 100% no matter what the future holds. All my best to you and yours.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Well said. Always will be a fan of Derrick Rose, the man who revived Chicago Basketball after the decade of pain after his Airness retired.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
1) Rose does not care what you think one way or the other.

2) Torn meniscus can often be treated without surgery.

3) Since Rose got his contract, he hasn't played a lick of basketball. He does not care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:

3) Since Rose got his contract, he hasn't played a lick of basketball. He does not care.

What the fuck is up with people just assuming because a player has money that they don't care? As far as I'm concerned, Rose is one of the most fierce competitors in the league. The dude used to cry after losing AAU games and cried when the Heat knocked us out in his MVP year. What makes people think he doesn't care?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
What the fuck is up with people just assuming because a player has money that they don't care? As far as I'm concerned, Rose is one of the most fierce competitors in the league. The dude used to cry after losing AAU games and cried when the Heat knocked us out in his MVP year. What makes people think he doesn't care?

For starters, milking the contract by limiting his own playing time.

Which didn't work.

Rose now has the distinction of being the biggest bust in Bulls franchise history.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For starters, milking the contract by limiting his own playing time.

Which didn't work.

Rose now has the distinction of being the biggest bust in Bulls franchise history.
:aj:

Busts are guys who NEVER produced anything. Rose gave us 3 years and won an MVP award.

Eddy Curry is a bust. Marcus Fizer is a bust. Jay Williams is a bust.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose will be this generatiins Penny Hardaway....young, exciting and a pleasure to watch. Unfortunatley his knees are done.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Busts are guys who NEVER produced anything. Rose gave us 3 years and won an MVP award.

I'm not even sure Jay Williams is on that list. The first two definitely.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

They already said he needs surgery

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm just as frustrated as anyone else but to say he does not care is so messed up and wrong.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well said!!! Anyone who has gone through the rehab he has gone through, not once but twice, CARES!!!!

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Perhaps you should redefine the meaning of bust,

Can you think of any other player that has cost the Bulls franchise this much $$ for the return?.

They would have been much better off having drafted Micheal Beasley...at least his salary would have been long off the books.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Can you think of any other player that has cost the Bulls franchise this much $$ for the return?.

They would have been much better off having drafted Micheal Beasley...at least his salary would have been long off the books.
Well hindsight is certainly 20/20 in this instance. I don't remember a single person saying that contract was the wrong move at the time.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I will never call an injury prone player a bust in any sport. Jamarcus Russell was a bust, Gred Oden was not in my opinion. It's not a players fault that they get hurt, it's the luck of the draw in many cases.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The amount of flak Derrick is going to get is disgusting. He gave us the best chance we've had since Jordan at even sniffing the Finals. Yet he'll receive more hate than Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway in Orlando combined.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The amount of flak Derrick is going to get is disgusting. He gave us the best chance we've had since Jordan at even sniffing the Finals. Yet he'll receive more hate than Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway in Orlando combined.
Bigger market, higher expectations.

and LOL at this people who cry about money. Its not like Rose signed his contract and said "see ya, I'm never playing again".

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Nah, I'll keep my definitions the same.

Its kind of like Tommie Harris for the Bears. He gave us a few really productive years before injuries took their toll. He also didn't live up to his contract either. I don't consider Harris a bust for the Bears.

Reactions: 1ke

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nah, I'll keep my definitions the same.

Its kind of like Tommie Harris for the Bears. He gave us a few really productive years before injuries took their toll. He also didn't live up to his contract either. I don't consider Harris a bust for the Bears.
Shit if Tommie Harris plays in that Super Bowl I think the Bears win.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm sorry, was Harris going to score points for the offense in that game?
Tommie Harris was a one man wrecking crew, that would have drawn a double team every play that would have allowed the defense to do so much more.