Antoine Vermette To The Blackhawks

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Or in the off season when they have to trade Sharp/Bickell/Crawford...maybe they get a 1st back I'm this deep, deep draft

Depends on what the market is. We have up quite a bit when we traded Ladd, Byfuglien, Eager and Sopel and only receive Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

TCD

Liked Posts:
A team that continues to make the playoffs despite years of having said higher draft picks and aging players in my opinion is a good organization. We both know that all you need is a hot goaltender and anything can happen.

The Canucks keep doing it and they have traded firsts like jelly beans over the years and draft really poorly.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's gonna be an awkward flight with his teammates.

Yep, they're all gonna be jealous he's playing with lady-slayer sharp.

Can't say I blame them. :smug2:

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Wow. What a rich crop of talent in the 1st round.
nelson-2.jpg

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Again, it's just my belief that higher round draft picks are worth a lot more, especially in building a franchise that wants to be relevant year in and year out. Chances of those picks being helpful down the road are sometimes less depending on where you pick, but you have to continue to build a solid team each year. Vermette in my eyes just isn't worthy of that 1st rounder especially since we don't know if we're gonna end up at #15 or #30.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And they traded Brouwer for a first round pick. And they got a second and third for Pirri

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Again, it's just my belief that higher round draft picks are worth a lot more, especially in building a franchise that wants to be relevant year in and year out. Chances of those picks being helpful down the road are sometimes less depending on where you pick, but you have to continue to build a solid team each year. Vermette in my eyes just isn't worthy of that 1st rounder especially since we don't know if we're gonna end up at #15 or #30.
We get it.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vermette is a good hockey player but not worth a 1st round pick.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any chance we can trade Sharp for a 1st rounder?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will they give Vermette a parachute over Chicago and push him out of the plane or will he have to fly back from Phoenix? :X

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Don't the hawks have enough first rounders waiting in the wings? McNeil, Danault, Hartman, TT, Schmaltz....Then seconds in Johns, Fournier....TVR....

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Don't the hawks have enough first rounders waiting in the wings? McNeil, Danault, Hartman, TT, Schmaltz....Then seconds in Johns, Fournier....TVR....

Guess we will have to wait and see.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any chance we can trade Sharp for a 1st rounder?

Who knows? If he is poisoning the dressing room, they made trade for a Cap. but I doubt it. We're going to need scoring till Kane returns.

Maybe this summer.

Liked Posts:
While I like Vermette, I don't know if I like giving up ANOTHER young defenseman for what is likely just a rental player. So far we have traded Clendenning, Brennan and now Dahlbeck. We go from having an insane amount of young defensive depth to Johns and TvR.

Now here is a crazy idea. Does anybody think we could trade Sharp and Shaw either now or in the offseason and keep Vermette? He'd be a pretty sexy #2 center with Teuvo and Kane on that second line next year.