The Bulls Injury Report (Rose Update: He's back)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
don't really know what that proves? Westbrook was scheduled to miss 2 weeks and he came back in 2 games

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
don't really know what that proves? Westbrook was scheduled to miss 2 weeks and he came back in 2 games
And fucked up his knee again.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose right now is getting his full speed conditioning back. It does nothing for team chemistry for him to play 15 mpg at this point.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
And fucked up his knee again.

still don't how it relates to Rose? he didn't come back ahead of schedule

hes had proper time to heal and is essentially cleared to play now that hes been cleared for 5 on 5 contact

what does him coming back in the playoffs do for team chemistry? its more about getting reps in real games

he doesn't have to come back TONIGHT but i'd like to see him by the Cavs game (Heat game at very worse)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

hes had proper time to heal and is essentially cleared to play now that hes been cleared for 5 on 5 contact

what does him coming back in the playoffs do for team chemistry? its more about getting reps in real games

he doesn't have to come back TONIGHT but i'd like to see him by the Cavs game (Heat game at very worse)
Well I don't want him sitting out until the playoffs either.. I more so am okay with him getting a week of practice in before coming back to the floor... which would be Monday (they were off Sunday). So he'd miss the Cavs game.. He'd be back Wednesday against Orlando then.

And Rose will never, ever, ever, ever come back ahead of schedule. My point was Westbrook did come back early and then required more knee surgery. Similarly Durant did come back in the 6-8 weeks timeline, but perhaps shouldn't have. And now he has required more surgery.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose non committal on return.

Rose will return to basketball in 2018 now guaranteed.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Being cleared to practice and regaining your endurance are two very different things. A couple games at the end of the season is nothing compared to having him for the entire playoffs. It would be dumb to throw him in right away against the Cavs, why put that pressure on him?

Besides, let the Cavs think he's not going to make a difference now, and then he's a difference maker in the 2nd round. I predicted he's come back the following Wednesday after the Cavs game, giving him a full week and a half of conditioning and 5 regular season games to tune up.

However, I'm leaning on him coming back at home on Friday, with 3 games to go. Rose will also have the 1st round to get in shape as well as I don't think he'll be a difference maker until the 2nd round, and the Cavs.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Being cleared to practice and regaining your endurance are two very different things. A couple games at the end of the season is nothing compared to having him for the entire playoffs. It would be dumb to throw him in right away against the Cavs, why put that pressure on him?

thats why i said let him play like 15 minutes

thats enough to wet his whistle with real game action but not overexert him

besides hes only missed about a month of action so his conditioning shouldn't be THAT bad...he has alteast been active with training/rehab or alteast i hope so and he didn't sit back and eat Giordano's for 4 weeks

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

besides hes only missed about a month of action so his conditioning shouldn't be THAT bad...he has alteast been active with training/rehab or alteast i hope so and he didn't sit back and eat Giordano's for 4 weeks
Don't tell reddit that, you'll get downvoted to hell.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All this Rose talk is pissing off some of our more technologically challenged posters..

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whenever Rose gets injured, his comeback is always the most annoying fuckin thing ever.

It's always Rose saying he feels great and just like he did before the injury. He starts doing everything in practice. Coaches and teammates say he looks just fine to them. Rose doesn't know when he's going to return.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I got that. I just think a matchup against the Cavs could lead him to over exerting himself a little too much for his 1st game. The competitiveness could take over against a team like the Cavs as opposed to a weaker opponent like Orlando. That was my thinking. :dunno:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Whenever Rose gets injured, his comeback is always the most annoying fuckin thing ever.

It's always Rose saying he feels great and just like he did before the injury. He starts doing everything in practice. Coaches and teammates say he looks just fine to them. Rose doesn't know when he's going to return.

Ironically, it's the annoying fans that make it annoying. :dunno:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy got hurt when his minutes meter expired.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose is coming back at the perfect time, go balls out, this might be his last chance at a serious playoff run as a starter.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is coming back at the perfect time, go balls out, this might be his last chance at a serious playoff run as a starter.

What I just do not understand about any of the Rose comebacks is this. When a player returns to a full contact practice, doesn't that mean that his injury is sufficiently healed from his injury and he can play at full bore? So in other words, the doctor has released him from medical restriction, right? So, if that is so, why hasn't Rose been suiting up at least and been given some amount of minutes to play. I just do not get it. What are he and/or the team waiting for?

Personally, I am not expecting any player who returns from a serious injury to be as good as he was before he got hurt. For a while at least I am not. But, if a player is a great player which Rose certainly is, I think that he good conceivably help his team and give the other team something to plan against or have to think about. What would be wrong for the Bulls to have him come off of the bench for awhile with a second unit for awhile? Maybe earmark him for 15 minutes a game for awhile and let his play and condition dictate what happens after that? It just is confusing to me. I have felt this way for some time now, not understanding why this has to be an all or nothing situation. Is it Rose who is dictating that until he is 100% the player that he was before this all started before he wants to play or what?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What I just do not understand about any of the Rose comebacks is this. When a player returns to a full contact practice, doesn't that mean that his injury is sufficiently healed from his injury and he can play at full bore? So in other words, the doctor has released him from medical restriction, right? So, if that is so, why hasn't Rose been suiting up at least and been given some amount of minutes to play. I just do not get it. What are he and/or the team waiting for?

Personally, I am not expecting any player who returns from a serious injury to be as good as he was before he got hurt. For a while at least I am not. But, if a player is a great player which Rose certainly is, I think that he good conceivably help his team and give the other team something to plan against or have to think about. What would be wrong for the Bulls to have him come off of the bench for awhile with a second unit for awhile? Maybe earmark him for 15 minutes a game for awhile and let his play and condition dictate what happens after that? It just is confusing to me. I have felt this way for some time now, not understanding why this has to be an all or nothing situation. Is it Rose who is dictating that until he is 100% the player that he was before this all started before he wants to play or what?
Doctors have no cleared him to play in games. He's been cleared for full-contact practice. They have been saying he's very winded and not up to conditioning in practice thus far...I still expect him back against Orlando on 4/8...unless they're waiting for him to return home (which is stupid).

If Rose is not back at all this week, this Rose is controlling when he returns, in which case he doesn't feel he is 100% for whatever reason.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Only someone that has never played would think an NBA player would automatically be in shape upon returning to practice. Sure, let's finally get Rose back, and throw him into an NBA game unconditioned so he can hurt himself. The stupidity is just endless in some cases.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:smh:

Liked Posts:
Rose non committal on return.

Rose will return to basketball in 2018 now guaranteed.

In the meantime, how many farcical powerade ads, that dote on his toughness, will we have to endure?