Lance Zierlein Mock 2.0

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Gregory is not raw...hes the least raw of them all. Gregory uses his hands and feet better than any of the rest of them. he uses his hands to fight off blockers extremely well. throw in his athletic ability and you have a star waiting to happen. the only and I repeat only issue for him is putting on the weight and keeping it on to help in the run defense more.

I agree and disagree here. Gregory uses his length extremely well but is still raw in terms of developing a repertoire of pass-rush moves. With that being said that is why you have a guy like Fangio on the staff and he could unleash hell with a player of Gregory's potential. The weight is the only thing that concerns me at this point but with an NFL conditioning program it shouldn't be an issue as he has more than enough frame to add weight.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree and disagree here. Gregory uses his length extremely well but is still raw in terms of developing a repertoire of pass-rush moves. With that being said that is why you have a guy like Fangio on the staff and he could unleash hell with a player of Gregory's potential. The weight is the only thing that concerns me at this point but with an NFL conditioning program it shouldn't be an issue as he has more than enough frame to add weight.

pass rush moves sure he is...but his hands are off the charts. like I read someone post earlier, he is a counter puncher...he waits for the tackle to make his move and then he counters it...that to me shows on top of great hands and feet, a high level of football IQ

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
pass rush moves sure he is...but his hands are off the charts. like I read someone post earlier, he is a counter puncher...he waits for the tackle to make his move and then he counters it...that to me shows on top of great hands and feet, a high level of football IQ

Agreed. He uses those long arms extremely well to hold tackles at bay which keeps them from locking onto him. Gregory is a fine prospect that I am sure Fangio would love to coach. The issues he has are minimal and correctable with coaching. What I want to see from him at this point is an updated weight at his pro-day. If he weighs in around 250 or so there should be no concerns about his future as a 34 OLB.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Agreed. He uses those long arms extremely well to hold tackles at bay which keeps them from locking onto him. Gregory is a fine prospect that I am sure Fangio would love to coach. The issues he has are minimal and correctable with coaching. What I want to see from him at this point is an updated weight at his pro-day. If he weighs in around 250 or so there should be no concerns about his future as a 34 OLB.

at this point give me Gregory or fowler, which ever is left...hopefully one of them will be at #7

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:

I said it, now give me credit. But seriously, I don't mind if he ''gets out of his stance slow'', I see that as him recognizing run vs pass then attacking as he see's fit. The way he diagnoses as the ball is snapped trumps not being first out of his stance. A player like that plays within the DL as a unit as opposed to a guy trying to constantly blow by T's leaving gapping holes on their side.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I said it, now give me credit. But seriously, I don't mind if he ''gets out of his stance slow'', I see that as him recognizing run vs pass then attacking as he see's fit. The way he diagnoses as the ball is snapped trumps not being first out of his stance. A player like that plays within the DL as a unit as opposed to a guy trying to constantly blow by T's leaving gapping holes on their side.

I gave you some dap there. glad to see another Gregory fan on here for a change

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Pass rushers out of Nebraska scare me, and not in a good way..

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

This, and there is no stance to get out of when playing as a stand up rush backer. The tape available where he is standing up is impressive. He looks like a natural OLB. Getting out of his stance would be more of a concern if he were drafted to play a 43 end.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gave you some dap there. glad to see another Gregory fan on here for a change

lol, I was just joking around. There's a lot to like about all the top OLB prospects to be honest, I'm excited to see which direction the staff goes.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
lol, I was just joking around. There's a lot to like about all the top OLB prospects to be honest, I'm excited to see which direction the staff goes.

This is how I feel. We are in a great position to grab a top quality prospect. Just as the Bears move to a 34 scheme, OLB is the strength at the top of the draft. When private workouts are conducted and Fangio gets his hands on these guys he will be able to give Pace a strong recommendation on who he would like to work with.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is how I feel. We are in a great position to grab a top quality prospect. Just as the Bears move to a 34 scheme, OLB is the strength at the top of the draft. When private workouts are conducted and Fangio gets his hands on these guys he will be able to give Pace a strong recommendation on who he would like to work with.

yeah, problem is we need stuff to talk about until then lol

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
yeah, problem is we need stuff to talk about until then lol

Yeah the draft is still quite some time away but FA is less than a week away and there are plenty of Pro-Days to monitor. I am anxiously awaiting the pro-days of Ray and Gregory in particular. Ray said he would be up to 250 by his pro-day and as we didn't get a chance to see him at the combine there is a lot of intrigue. Also interested to see what Gregory weighs in at on his pro-day.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
High risk pick......if he can't keep his weight up and add a bit on....this could be a problem......he is fast...