Would you take Green-Beckham in the 2nd round?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
sooo we have a headcase diva WR right now supposedly in Bmarsh....so lets go get another headcase diva WR in doral green beckham, that makes sense :smh:

The age factor plus he has a lot of talent. Would be hard to pass up. He does have some baggage but the talent factor is there.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The age factor plus he has a lot of talent. Would be hard to pass up. He does have some baggage but the talent factor is there.

Yup, we just have to trust that they've done their homework on him and now they've graded him as?!?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yup, we just have to trust that they've done their homework on him and now they've graded him as?!?

He might have been the number one receiver on the draft board if he played this past year.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Receivers dont win championships plus we got plenty of good ones even if we lose Marshall

Liked Posts:
Also, for all of Green-Beckham's indiscretions (of which there are many) he does not have, to my knowledge, a mental disorder.

He's also 21 years old, fast as fuck, and a potential monster in the middle.

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
Assuming that we fill a couple of holes in FA (FS, NT, etc) and pick up a OLB in the 1st, what would your reaction be to the Bears selecting Dorial Green-Beckham at #39 overall?

If he could put the weed down. I live where he played high school ball and about a year ago he got caught with a pound of weed. I feel like he has Justin Blackmon written all over him.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think WR's are starting to be overvalued the way RB's were a decade ago. The bubble will burst soon. I'm gonna go ahead and pass DGB and take BPA on D.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
If he could put the weed down. I live where he played high school ball and about a year ago he got caught with a pound of weed. I feel like he has Justin Blackmon written all over him.

Wasn't Blackmon getting multiple DUIs prior to and including his pro career?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think WR's are starting to be overvalued the way RB's were a decade ago. The bubble will burst soon. I'm gonna go ahead and pass DGB and take BPA on D.

This is true but we still need another WR, whether we keep Marshall or not. No one adds the speed factor, and I don't have faith anymore in our 7th round pick Wilson (who has almost as many drops as catches).

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
He would be one of the BPA's, but i'd look at the olinemen available in this scenario.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He might have been the number one receiver on the draft board if he played this past year.

you just made my argument for me. "if he had played last year" no point in taking a player who may or may not even play hardly due to his constant off the field idiocy

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also, for all of Green-Beckham's indiscretions (of which there are many) he does not have, to my knowledge, a mental disorder.

He's also 21 years old, fast as fuck, and a potential monster in the middle.

so since he has no mental disorder, he has absolutely no excuse for the repeated transgressions he continues to make...hes just an idiot, ill pass

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
so since he has no mental disorder, he has absolutely no excuse for the repeated transgressions he continues to make...hes just an idiot, ill pass

We're not running a church here. If the staff believes he can clean up his act, I'm all for drafting him in the 2nd, but not the first.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We're not running a church here. If the staff believes he can clean up his act, I'm all for drafting him in the 2nd, but not the first.

no we aren't running a church, but we also shouldn't be okay with running a prison either

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
you just made my argument for me. "if he had played last year" no point in taking a player who may or may not even play hardly due to his constant off the field idiocy

He was at Oklahoma last year and did not get cleared to play (stayed away from trouble) so hopefully he is on the right path and has matured.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'd draft him in the 2nd even if we didn't get rid of Marshall this year. Marshall won't be here for much longer, gotta replenish the ranks.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
no we aren't running a church, but we also shouldn't be okay with running a prison either

Well considering the Bears are currently run like a mental institution (repeating the Jay Cutler experiment over and over and over expecting to get different results) I'd argue running a prison would actually be a step in the right direction.