OT: Kiko Alonso Traded for LeSean McCoy

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The Bills Defense was still Dominant without Alonzo last year. They will be just fine under Rex Ryan.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCoy had horrible season last year. Trade him while you can still get quality in return.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
10422322_10204881051379327_342563089414841095_n.jpg

Reactions: 1ke

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kelly not a fan of McCoy's contract. Thought it was way too high for a rb and he makes just a little more than Forte. Told ya so.

KCCO

Liked Posts:
Agreed, they just need a QB .... Cutler?!?

Trading for Shady 100% takes the Bills out of any possible trade for Cutler. No chance in hell they take on both McCoy's contract and Cutler's.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
McCoy is a stud.

Alonso is coming off ACL surgery.

The money makes it a bit better for the Eagles but to me it is a wash.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Kelly not a fan of McCoy's contract. Thought it was way too high for a rb and he makes just a little more than Forte. Told ya so.
And when that Offense regresses yet again Ol' Chip will have nobody to blame but himself. McCoy was the life blood of that Scheme. Perhaps they have identified his replacement via the draft. We'll see how that works out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And when that Offense regresses yet again Ol' Chip will have nobody to blame but himself. McCoy was the life blood of that Scheme. Perhaps they have identified his replacement via the draft. We'll see how that works out.
He was shit last year. What's he gonna do with a much lesser line next year?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading for Shady 100% takes the Bills out of any possible trade for Cutler. No chance in hell they take on both McCoy's contract and Cutler's.

I'm just teasing, Kromer is now in Buffalo. That pretty much eliminated them a long time ago.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
As the local Eagle fan I was pretty suprized.

Trading McCoy frees up $7.55M in cap space and signing a LB also makes DeMeco Ryans, who's coming off his second Achilles rupture, expendable, which would free up an additional $6.9M.

What will they do with all that cap space? I'm guessing extending Fletcher Cox and Kendrick Michaels. I'm also thinking they will trade up for Mariota and try to replicate the Seattle model in winning with a franchise QB while he's under his rookie deal. They will have a lot of cap room to bolster fthe defence and add offensive weapons.

Overall I'm excited to see what free agency and the draft brings, but I. Sad to see McCoy go. He's a special talent and I'll miss watching him in an Eagles jersey.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He was shit last year. What's he gonna do with a much lesser line next year?
Wut? It seemed to me that whole offense had a down year. The Bills are a pretty good run blocking team.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
As the local Eagle fan I was pretty suprized.

Trading McCoy frees up $7.55M in cap space and signing a LB also makes DeMeco Ryans, who's coming off his second Achilles rupture, expendable, which would free up an additional $6.9M.

What will they do with all that cap space? I'm guessing extending Fletcher Cox and Kendrick Michaels. I'm also thinking they will trade up for Mariota and try to replicate the Seattle model in winning with a franchise QB while he's under his rookie deal. They will have a lot of cap room to bolster fthe defence and add offensive weapons.

Overall I'm excited to see what free agency and the draft brings, but I. Sad to see McCoy go. He's a special talent and I'll miss watching him in an Eagles jersey.
I think SEA's model is more about having set of home grown players, namely on defense headed by a strong running game. Mortgaging draft picks doesn't scream SEA to me.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
If Alonso can stay healthy this is a trade that works for both teams IMO. Rex likes to pound the rock and now has a workhorse back that can do it all. The Eagles get a young stud LB which they desperately needed.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He was easily their biggest disappointment on offense. Buffalo's run blocking woefully bad.
Disagree & disagree. Top 1/3 in yards per game with no real running back and statue Orton behind center.