Brad Biggs: Bears shopping Brandon Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
To me, this sure makes the possibility of a Cutler trade/cut a very real possibility as well.

EDIT: Marshall is not part of the future apparently. Might as well get something out of him while you can. I'm fine with them shopping him. Although, Cutler is the bigger priority to part ways with, IMO.

Liked Posts:
Bit late to the party, Brad.

Did your CPAP machine malfunction?

What day do you think it is? Month?

Liked Posts:
I'm okay with this if they plan on drafting a receiver highly or signing a Randall Cobb or Maclin. If they don't, this is stupid.

Liked Posts:
I'm okay with this if they plan on drafting a receiver highly or signing a Randall Cobb or Maclin. If they don't, this is stupid.

Like I said in the Colts thread, if we trade away Marshall, we are really pigeon-holing ourselves into taking either White or Cooper at #7 (or preferably, as you suggest, Cobb). You can't send Jeffrey out there by himself.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well fuck. They better ducking trade him now because after this news hits the streets BM is going to be a nightmare to deal with.

It was a great few years...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
same ol' beaarrrrsszz

slimeyjimey

Liked Posts:
Well fuck. They better ducking trade him now because after this news hits the streets BM is going to be a nightmare to deal with.

It was a great few years...

Couldn't have ducking said it better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I still don't see how this would benefit the team at all. 3 more years of Marshall will produce much more significantly than anyone we draft in the 3rd round of later..especially in this years draft.

But But I thought we are not competing for 3-4 years anyway!

Sorry couldn't resist a few other posters who spilled this drivel.

Liked Posts:
In my most fevered dreams, I have a vision of Indianapolis saying "fuck it, we're going deep" and giving us their 1st round pick for BM.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
To me, this sure makes the possibility of a Cutler trade/cut a very real possibility as well.

EDIT: Marshall is not part of the future apparently. Might as well get something out of him while you can. I'm fine with them shopping him. Although, Cutler is the bigger priority to part ways with, IMO.

If they get rid of BMarsh, and then bring Cutty back...I promise to become one of those who pissed in my coffee, the world is ending type Bears fans.

Liked Posts:
Like I said in the Colts thread, if we trade away Marshall, we are really pigeon-holing ourselves into taking either White or Cooper at #7 (or preferably, as you suggest, Cobb). You can't send Jeffrey out there by himself.

I agree. I trust that Fox and Pace know they are doing, and if they do in fact trade Marshall, I think they will have a plan on a solid replacement. And no, it won't be Hartline lol

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
For all those that don't understand, it's not about his production on the field. It's all the drama & distractions he creates, putting the spotlight on himself instead of being a leader and positive example to those around him. He's got the talent & production on the field, obviously. It's all the other stuff (& a lot of stuff we probably don't know about) that will land him somewhere else for 2016 & beyond. My opinion, of course.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
In my most fevered dreams, I have a vision of Indianapolis saying "fuck it, we're going deep" and giving us their 1st round pick for BM.

Unfortunately they probably learned their lesson with Trent Richardson. However, if they are going to go big in FA, then maybe they do trade away draft picks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Marshall is gone, where there is smoke there is fire, and this is truning into an inferno.

I am going to trust John Fox on this. Fox has been in the NFL forever, has worked with difficult guys before, and if he has decided that Marshall is not worth the headache then okay.

Pace/Fox need to build the team as they want it. They cannot manage and coach a team that does not fit their specifications.

I hope they get a top 100 pick and I hope that they use the 4 million in cap savings well.

Status
Not open for further replies.