CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What a silly statement. Why bag on Mirotic like that? Why can't we get fucking excited over this kid? No one here called Mirotic an all-time great. No one bagged on Dirk. Talk about a stupid post. It was your own.

Poor Gus. He really cannot see the obvious very well. Mirotic, at this point, is more than a "good player". He is playing as good as anyone in the NBA is playing right now, particularly in the 4th quarter. That is something to be excited about not disliked like you are doing. You should know that as the master baiter of the dislike.
You're an idiot.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Larry Bird was really the first Stretch 4

All of this hand wringing over Mirotic's position is out of hand. Bird was often hid defensively. Kevin McHale guarded 3s as much as Bird did.
Bird averaged 10 rbs for his career. Bird rarely locked down anyone. He outscored them.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Well this was random but Bird did have a good post game to go along with his great outside shooting and was a great rebounder at his position.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're an idiot.

Why, Gus........ For a master baiter of the dislike, this is really weak stuff. Instead of debating stuff, you dislike people who disagree with your bullshit view of things. You really are very childish and should grow into at least an adolescent.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All of this hand wringing over Mirotic's position is out of hand. Bird was often hid defensively. Kevin McHale guarded 3s as much as Bird did.
Bird averaged 10 rbs for his career. Bird rarely locked down anyone. He outscored them.

That is 100% correct. Bird poached as a defender, very seldom manned up with anyone. And it is Bird's game, not so much Dirk's that Mirotic resembles. Now Gus can dislike me again for being high on Mirotic.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Niko is a Stretch-4. A traditional player at the 4 spot who has the ability to put the ball on the floor, drive, shoot a 3, and when situations dictate can be moved down to the "3."

To steal a page from the head ******........... QUIT CALLING HIM A TRADITIONAL PLAYER AT THE 4 SPOT............ HE'S NOT. HE'S NOT. HE'S A BUS BOY AT A RESTAURANT WHERE DIRK GOES TO EAT. HOW STUPID TO CALL HIM A STRETCH FOUR!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In theory, Pau will be out of here just in time for Niko's prime.

I think he'll be a all-star next year. If Butler can make the jump that he did in one year, so can Mirotic. The Bulls will dump Dunleavy next year and Mirotic will slot in with Gasol and Noah. His minutes will go up to 35 per game.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well this was random but Bird did have a good post game to go along with his great outside shooting and was a great rebounder at his position.

And that is one phase of Mirotic's game that will have to develop with time, namely his post game. His game right now is a face forward game which is understandable because that is how he played in Europe namely with the ball and on the run.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My all time favorite front line. Bird, McHale, and Parish. Man, was that fun to watch.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why, Gus........ For a master baiter of the dislike, this is really weak stuff. Instead of debating stuff, you dislike people who disagree with your bullshit view of things. You really are very childish and should grow into at least an adolescent.

Better not show that to Gus. He'll think that you said that Mirotic is better than Dirk:)

To steal a page from the head ******........... QUIT CALLING HIM A TRADITIONAL PLAYER AT THE 4 SPOT............ HE'S NOT. HE'S NOT. HE'S A BUS BOY AT A RESTAURANT WHERE DIRK GOES TO EAT. HOW STUPID TO CALL HIM A STRETCH FOUR!
I apologize for not catching on to your trolling. I'm pretty tired tonight, can we just agree that you're an idiot and can't comprehend anything that I've posted in this thread? I'm too tired to explain how you've read everything I've said wrong.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fine, he's a stretch 3 with the size of a 4... Feel better now?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I didn't think it was a bad thing to say that a rookie whose had 1 great month of a season shouldn't be put into a conversation with one of the all-time players in league history.

Who knew?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't think it was a bad thing to say that a rookie whose had 1 great month of a season shouldn't be put into a conversation with one of the all-time players in league history.

Who knew?

Apology accepted:)

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Who knew?

It's not really. I will say this though. What Mirotic is doing now has not been done by a rookie with an all star teammate since Tim Duncan back in '98. And Niko is playing with 2. He's shown that with more minutes, he's producing at a level that is well beyond the "favorite" for ROY Andrew Wiggins. If you look at the numbers year round in comparison to Wiggins, there is a very strong case for Niko to win the award. His impact has without a doubt been greater than Andrew's, especially during the most crucial month of the season.

In March, Niko leads the league in 4th qtr points at 9.4. That's more than the top 4 MVP candidates in the league. All of this being done while teams are game planning to try and stop him. Nearly 8 fta per game, which is almost unheard of for a rookie. And he's not even starting. These are all reasons to be excited. As much as it is not a bad thing to say it's too early to compare him to all time greats, I don't think it's a bad thing to be excited about the possibilities either.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's not really. I will say this though. What Mirotic is doing now has not been done by a rookie with an all star teammate since Tim Duncan back in '98. And Niko is playing with 2. He's shown that with more minutes, he's producing at a level that is well beyond the "favorite" for ROY Andrew Wiggins. If you look at the numbers year round in comparison to Wiggins, there is a very strong case for Niko to win the award. His impact has without a doubt been greater than Andrew's, especially during the most crucial month of the season.

In March, Niko leads the league in 4th qtr points at 9.4. That's more than the top 4 MVP candidates in the league. All of this being done while teams are game planning to try and stop him. Nearly 8 fta per game, which is almost unheard of for a rookie. And he's not even starting. These are all reasons to be excited. As much as it is not a bad thing to say it's too early to compare him to all time greats, I don't think it's a bad thing to be excited about the possibilities either.
God damn't man.

I'm not saying that Mirotic shouldn't be involved in the ROY discussion, because he very much should be. Frankly, the only players that could be ahead of him are Wiggins, Payton, and Noel, and I don't know how he isn't at least #2 because he's had a major role on a playoff team.

My whole thing is this: don't fall too in love with Mirotic that we say stupid things, ie, he's Dirk. Dirk is NBA royalty at this point. It's silly that after one year, we would say the same thing about Mirotic. Give the guy a year or two more before we start throwing the superlatives around.

In the meantime, enjoy what he has been able to do - because he's playing awesome.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Niko Corleone

VR867I1.jpg

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The
God damn't man.

I'm not saying that Mirotic shouldn't be involved in the ROY discussion, because he very much should be. Frankly, the only players that could be ahead of him are Wiggins, Payton, and Noel, and I don't know how he isn't at least #2 because he's had a major role on a playoff team.

My whole thing is this: don't fall too in love with Mirotic that we say stupid things, ie, he's Dirk. Dirk is NBA royalty at this point. It's silly that after one year, we would say the same thing about Mirotic. Give the guy a year or two more before we start throwing the superlatives around.

In the meantime, enjoy what he has been able to do - because he's playing awesome.

Dude, chill the f out. I know exactly what you are saying and I even agreed with you. People are excited and have every right to be. He's doing things we haven't seen out a rookie in quite some time. With that excitement, there is inevitably going to come grandiose statements and superlatives.

But I think for the most part people are just making comparisons in his game and not saying "He's Dirk" or even better than Dirk. To me, I don't even think he's like Dirk, other than being a 4 who can hit 3's. His game is not the same. He's more in the Peja or Hedu mold imho. Not saying he's better than them either, but the potential is certainly there.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The

Dude, chill the f out. I know exactly what you are saying and I even agreed with you. People are excited and have every right to be. He's doing things we haven't seen out a rookie in quite some time. With that excitement, there is inevitably going to come grandiose statements and superlatives.

But I think for the most part people are just making comparisons in his game and not saying "He's Dirk" or even better than Dirk. To me, I don't even think he's like Dirk, other than being a 4 who can hit 3's. His game is not the same. He's more in the Peja or Hedu mold imho. Not saying he's better than them either, but the potential is certainly there.

niko has more of a post game than peja or hedo ever had though

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The

Ok.......can we go back to being best friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.