Derrick Rose still fails at talking to the media

Liked Posts:
When are people going to get over that? Seriously! Doctors also gave Robert Griffen III the go to play and how'd that work out? Rose sat out those playoffs, the whole off season, and still looked rusty as hell before he injured the other knee.

WTF makes you think he would have come back in the playoffs and done anything to help the team? It's just fuckin ridiculous to keep bringing up the same point over and over again. Nothing, absolutely nothing out there, suggests that he would have helped the Bulls in that playoff run!

People aren't obligated to get over that. And there's no reason to expect as much even if it bothers you. You might as well get used to it. If it hasn't gone away by now, it's not going away any time soon.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, I saw that pray for Rose sign under the Fullerton underpass, and I laughed my ass off. Crazy. I hope someone put some skittles under there.

Yeah, there's no point in that. If you're going to believe in that, you might as well believe that there's someone out there with a Derrick Rose voodoo doll. Obviously the prayers haven't been as effective as the voodoo doll.

I took the shrine (I guess?) as satirical?

Either way, superstition is the religion of the feeble-minded.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
People aren't obligated to get over that. And there's no reason to expect as much even if it bothers you. You might as well get used to it. If it hasn't gone away by now, it's not going away any time soon.

Yeah, you're right. Go spend the last part of your life being pissed off that a 23 year old basketball player decided that it was best for him to sit out the entire season, instead of coming back rusty for the playoffs most people were not giving his team a chance to win, just cuz some fans thought that he should do what's best for them, instead of what's best for him.

Me, myself, I don't feel the need to bitch about everything that player does, and I'm comfortable that he made that decision for himself.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Let's face it, it doesn't matter what he says with some of you people. I wish you'd give it a rest for Christ's sake!

This. I actually don't get the obsession that Chicago fans have with hanging onto every word that athletes say. Why is it so important? And please don't respond with "He sounds stupid" or "All he has to say is.....". Neither of those are your problem so please just tell me why you care what he says so much?

Liked Posts:
This. I actually don't get the obsession that Chicago fans have with hanging onto every word that athletes say. Why is it so important? And please don't respond with "He sounds stupid" or "All he has to say is.....". Neither of those are your problem so please just tell me why you care what he says so much?

He is more than well paid by the team. When he refuses to play, he's stealing money. When, two years later, he makes comments suggesting he's less than all in (see his meetings and playing with kids comments) in spite of being well paid, it's demonstrated proof that he's perfectly fine getting paid and not delivering. And his comments absolutely and completely validate the criticism from two years ago because his more recent comments confirm those people were right.

And I'm not even one of these people that try to analogize professional athletes as being an employee to the way most people are at everyday jobs, because that's erroneous. But what's not erroneous is being perfectly ok with being so well paid and not only being alright with not delivering but being so obscenely defiant about it. There's a lack of integrity in his value system that's been on display for a while in both his words and actions.

I agree, though he's likely as dumb as a rock, that's not an excuse for this. You can't dismiss it as him being inarticulate and therefore misunderstood. If that were the case, his words wouldn't line up with his actions. But his words do line up with his actions. And most everyone sees this, including many of those still trying to make excuses for him out of pathetic homerism.

Liked Posts:
Yeah, you're right. Go spend the last part of your life being pissed off that a 23 year old basketball player decided that it was best for him to sit out the entire season, instead of coming back rusty for the playoffs most people were not giving his team a chance to win, just cuz some fans thought that he should do what's best for them, instead of what's best for him.

Me, myself, I don't feel the need to bitch about everything that player does, and I'm comfortable that he made that decision for himself.

You're speaking of this as though there's some virtue attached to dealing with this the way you do is laughable. Because there's not a lot of virtue in being not dishonest about Derrick Rose.

You can stick your head in the sand but don't act like its out of some virtue, when it's not. And at the same time don't admonish others for being honest. That makes you a hypocrite.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a copout opinion, imo. How about Griffen III, like I said, he was cleared too, and by a good Doctor. You saw how Rose played the next season, right? You think he was ready?

I think it's really immature for people like you to tell Rose how he's supposed to feel after that injury, his 1st at a young age. I can see being disappointed, but I can't see going on and on like you do. It just seems really selfish of you, imo, as a fan.

I can't believe some fans are still going on about this Doctor's statement, which very well could have been pushed by the Bulls management, or even the media. It's not like anyone has never gotten a 2nd opinion when it comes to Doctors, right?

He was cleared to play. No doctor recommended that he not play. He gets PAID to play. No team is going to hire a fucking quack doctor to put their franchise on the court who is not physically able to play are they? They would be so fucking stupid to do it that it is idiotic to suspect that they would.

Anyone who has played a team sport has dealt with team doctors. There seems to be a stupid mind set that somehow thinks that these folks are somehow bad people only caring about wins and losses, huh? Personally I doubt it. I think that most of these folks are good people who care about the athlete that has been put in their charge.

But suddenly, there seems to be some Rose zealots who think that he knows more than anyone else about his physical condition. I don't think so. Again. I am going forward. If Rose gets cleared, he is entitled to a second opinion but that is it. IF he is cleared, he needs to be inserted into the line-up. If he doesn't play then it is on him. Sit him and never play him again.

I am not against Rose. I am against this notion that any player who has a contract has somekind of silver bullet to not play when cleared. In this day and age with all of this advanced medical expertise, a player needs to play and if they don't then fuck em.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
You're speaking of this as though there's some virtue attached to dealing with this the way you do is laughable. Because there's not a lot of virtue in being not dishonest about Derrick Rose.

You can stick your head in the sand but don't act like its out of some virtue, when it's not. And at the same time don't admonish others for being honest. That makes you a hypocrite.

LOL at virtue. I'm very "not bothered' by the whole thing. Rose made a decision that he thought was best for him. I can live with that. When he did come back the following season, he looked like shit, and then was injured again. Nothing tells me he should have come back any earlier.

What I think is laughable, is fans that think he should do what they think he should do with his body, career, and livelyhood. That's laughable. He did what he thought was best for him, period. He doesn't care what you think. It wouldn't have made a difference if he did come back.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
He was cleared to play. No doctor recommended that he not play. He gets PAID to play. No team is going to hire a fucking quack doctor to put their franchise on the court who is not physically able to play are they? They would be so fucking stupid to do it that it is idiotic to suspect that they would.

Anyone who has played a team sport has dealt with team doctors. There seems to be a stupid mind set that somehow thinks that these folks are somehow bad people only caring about wins and losses, huh? Personally I doubt it. I think that most of these folks are good people who care about the athlete that has been put in their charge.

But suddenly, there seems to be some Rose zealots who think that he knows more than anyone else about his physical condition. I don't think so. Again. I am going forward. If Rose gets cleared, he is entitled to a second opinion but that is it. IF he is cleared, he needs to be inserted into the line-up. If he doesn't play then it is on him. Sit him and never play him again.

I am not against Rose. I am against this notion that any player who has a contract has somekind of silver bullet to not play when cleared. In this day and age with all of this advanced medical expertise, a player needs to play and if they don't then fuck em.

LOL. You just scream of someone that just has never played a game worth a shit to me. You keep going on and on about the Doctor almighty and Rose's medical condition. There's a whole mental side to coming back from a major injury as well.

He wasn't ready to come back at a high enough level to help the team. Get it? The fact that he came back very rusty the following season only to get injured again pretty much is evidence of that as well.

You midgets keep going on with your Rose hate. I'm out. I can't take your spineless jellyfish bullshit anymore. I watch Rose come back this year and hopefully play great, and hopefully help the Bulls go far into the playoffs.

#latermuch

Liked Posts:
LOL at virtue. I'm very "not bothered' by the whole thing. Rose made a decision that he thought was best for him. I can live with that. When he did come back the following season, he looked like shit, and then was injured again. Nothing tells me he should have come back any earlier.

What I think is laughable, is fans that think he should do what they think he should do with his body, career, and livelyhood. That's laughable. He did what he thought was best for him, period. He doesn't care what you think. It wouldn't have made a difference if he did come back.

Had he come back the year before like he should have, the rust the following year might have been as severe. That was one of the practical reasons people argued at the time that he should have come back when cleared to play.

The excuse making for this guy is epic. And the willingness to overlook that he's alright stealing money is questionable.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
RG3's situation is different...his knee was messed up but they risked it and he tore his ACL

Derrick tore his and had 6 months of rehab by the time he was cleared

That Griffin situation cause me to lose what little respect that I had for Shanahan. Do you guys remember that game? Griffin was literally dragging his bad leg around the field. He never should have been on that field in that game. Shanahan should have been fired on the spot for that awful decision and I dont care if Griffin wanted to play or not. Its a miracle to me that the guy is still playing football after that game. ANother shot on that leg and he might have been crippled for life.