Nordstrom Suspended 2 Games per NHL

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Justified suspension, IMO.

All Nordstrom had to do in that situation was grab OEL and ride him into the boards, and that would've separated him from the puck as well. Anytime you extend your arms to shove a player in the back that close to the boards, you deserve a suspension.

Troy Murray blasted Nordstrom on the radio for making the hit and, now seeing it myself, I understand why. Can't do that.

I would be all over the league allowing players to bear hug a player into the boards. It is safer and give the same resulting effect of rubbing the player off the puck. Too bad it is looked at as a holding penalty now.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
I really like how the NHL puts those films together. Was that Shanahan's brainchild or have they always accompanied a disciplinary ruling, or at least since the advent of the Internet? I don't seem to recall any of those films before his tenure, but I could be mistaken.

I think they were new with Shanny because of how wishy washy Campbell was....especially for his son.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be all over the league allowing players to bear hug a player into the boards. It is safer and give the same resulting effect of rubbing the player off the puck. Too bad it is looked at as a holding penalty now.

Not a bad idea. Wouldn't you be taking yourself out of the play though, by way of tying up your own stick?

Last edited:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I really like how the NHL puts those films together. Was that Shanahan's brainchild or have they always accompanied a disciplinary ruling, or at least since the advent of the Internet? I don't seem to recall any of those films before his tenure, but I could be mistaken.

I believe you are correct. With social media becoming rampant and YouTube being a big media player, I think the NHL wanted to not only explain to the players, but also younger players why the play wasn't okay.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
We actually teach kids during checking clinics to essentially bear hug into the boards, with your free hand right in the lower back, and then pin the player if you're going for the puck. The lower hand actually forces the players body to open straight up while pushing on the mid and higher back pushes their body down into the boards.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I think they were new with Shanny because of how wishy washy Campbell was....especially for his son.

Campbell never gave disciplinary ruling out on any Bruins players though, because of his son.

TCD

Liked Posts:
MORE SUSPENSIONS PLEASE!!!

He is hot garbage!!