2015 NCAA Tournament Discussion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Martin and Micky stay LSU will be a really good team. Like REALLY good. SEC could be very strong at the top next year with Kentucky, LSU, and Florida. Florida should bounce back really well next season.

Also, LSU isn't going anywhere for a while. Johnny Jones is a fantastic coach.
Yeah I expect Florida to bounce back.

As of right now Martin and Micky are projected as early 2nd round picks. I'm hoping they can see that they will have a better team next season (and thus better exposure) and stick around another year.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Notre Dame shall beat both Kentucky and Duke.

The Virgin Mary herself has ordained this, and so it shall come to pass.:lol:

Actually I have adopted them after hearing of Mike Breys' mother passing away...plus I hate Duke.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Notre Dame shall beat both Kentucky and Duke.

The Virgin Mary herself has ordained this, and so it shall come to pass.:lol:

Actually I have adopted them after hearing of Mike Breys' mother passing away...plus I hate Duke.
Unless the death of Mike Breys' mother really propels the team, that team is most likely done against Wichita State..if not they're going to get destroyed by Kentucky.

Yeah, they have a great offense... Their defense is terrible though. Going into this tournament they had the #2 adjusted offensive efficiency and were 112th in defense. That's a wide gap and history has shown that won't get you far in the tourney in most cases.

Over the past several years.. teams with a large gap in efficiency and their results

2014-#3 seed Duke (#2, #116) - L - 1st round
2012-#2 seed Missouri (#1, #146) - L - 1st round
2005-#2 seed Wake Forest (#1, #134) - L - 2nd round
2004-#4 seed Wake Forest (#1, #134) - L - Sweet 16
2003-#3 seed Marquette (#2, #119) - L - Final Four
2003-#1 seed Texas (#1, #80) - L - Final Four
2002-#3 seed Arizona (#3, #97) - L - 2nd round

So 1 year, 2003, those great offenses got to the Final Four behind great guard play in Dwyane Wade and TJ Ford. Marquette also had the first three rounds in which they barely won each game before beating Kentucky handily in the Elite 8 and then got utterly destroyed by Kirk Hinrich's Kansas team in the Final Four. Carmelo Anthony's Syracuse team took care of Texas. Man was that Final Four full of good players or what.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We lack length in the post. Kills us.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Unless the death of Mike Breys' mother really propels the team, that team is most likely done against Wichita State..if not they're going to get destroyed by Kentucky.

Yeah, they have a great offense... Their defense is terrible though. Going into this tournament they had the #2 adjusted offensive efficiency and were 112th in defense. That's a wide gap and history has shown that won't get you far in the tourney in most cases.

Over the past several years.. teams with a large gap in efficiency and their results

2014-#3 seed Duke (#2, #116) - L - 1st round
2012-#2 seed Missouri (#1, #146) - L - 1st round
2005-#2 seed Wake Forest (#1, #134) - L - 2nd round
2004-#4 seed Wake Forest (#1, #134) - L - Sweet 16
2003-#3 seed Marquette (#2, #119) - L - Final Four
2003-#1 seed Texas (#1, #80) - L - Final Four
2002-#3 seed Arizona (#3, #97) - L - 2nd round

So 1 year, 2003, those great offenses got to the Final Four behind great guard play in Dwyane Wade and TJ Ford. Marquette also had the first three rounds in which they barely won each game before beating Kentucky handily in the Elite 8 and then got utterly destroyed by Kirk Hinrich's Kansas team in the Final Four. Carmelo Anthony's Syracuse team took care of Texas. Man was that Final Four full of good players or what.

Go Irish!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Notre Dame will be Kentucky's toughest test of the year. I expect a very, very close game.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
They're looking good thus far against a great defense.

Having seen what KY did last night, they should simply put the Wildcats as the 8th seed in the eastern conference NBA playoffs.

They are that good, only Calipari could get this much talent to attend college in a dump of a state.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Having seen what KY did last night, they should simply put the Wildcats as the 8th seed in the eastern conference NBA playoffs.

They are that good, only Calipari could get this much talent to attend college in a dump of a state.
lol no. The Wildcats wouldn't beat the New York Knicks in the NBA.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Irish will try and spread the floor against KY, I'd love to see KY lose. Upset of the year? Maybe?:walter:They will need to be on fire from 3 point land.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I hate to break it to you guys but UK isn't the greatest team to ever play the game. They wouldn't even be in the top 20.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hate to break it to you guys but UK isn't the greatest team to ever play the game. They wouldn't even be in the top 20.
Who said UK is the greatest team to ever play?

Also Top 20? Are we talking all sports or just NCAA basketball, because if its NCAA basketball, you're ridiculous.