CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Results will show whether or not they actually reloaded, however, there is no question that Hahn has been terrific as a GM.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Farm can't just replace what you lose.

EDIT: Right away with no loss in production. Has it happened? Sure. Does it happen? Ultra Rare would be my guess.
Solid replacements allow a team to hold serve until the injured player returns as good as new.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Let me expand, the type of injury. Guys that are out for two weeks you can get by, longer than that and no, the production is not there and the drop off can be severe. Cubs lose a Lester and they are done. Sox lose an Abrue and they are done.
If the Cubs lose Lester, someone else needs to step up and pick up the slack. That's the way things work. Injuries happen every year. The Sox lose Abreu and they are done. #12 is a long way from #1.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If the Cubs lose Lester, someone else needs to step up and pick up the slack. That's the way things work. Injuries happen every year. The Sox lose Abreu and they are done. #12 is a long way from #1.

Someone has to step up, but the odds are super long. I picked the two players specifically for a reason. Get back to me when the Cubs pitching isn't one of the worst in the minors and I will do likewise with the Sox offense.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Someone has to step up, but the odds are super long. I picked the two players specifically for a reason. Get back to me when the Cubs pitching isn't one of the worst in the minors and I will do likewise with the Sox offense.
Hmm. Pierce Johnson is in AAA. Edwards is close, etc.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
:lol: Yep, those are Lester quality.
No. Arrieta goes in the Lester spot. Beyond that, the people brought up have to perform. No excuses. It really is that simple. Injuries are an excuse one way or another. Either the players didn't step up or the FO didn't have the right personnel available. Every team deals with injuries/players missing/the DL.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Hahn has done his job to perfection if you ask me, and everyone has taken notice. That article was a good read.

I think with the history of injuries with top Chicago athletes, health is always a concern. Of course the "next man up" mentality is the reality, but there is a reason that player is the next man up the vast majority of the time. They are usually not as good as the guy who went out. This rebuilding process is not complete still, but at least we have a real future to look forward to with Hahn showing he knows how to put a team together.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No. Arrieta goes in the Lester spot. Beyond that, the people brought up have to perform. No excuses. It really is that simple. Injuries are an excuse one way or another. Either the players didn't step up or the FO didn't have the right personnel available. Every team deals with injuries/players missing/the DL.

You use the word excuse the same as reason. You need to learn the differences.