Bears sign CB Alan Ball

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Just because Ball was on a crap team doesn't mean he's doodie. He was one of the few decent players on that team. Good depth signing. Finally we got a CB FA...now a center and we are ready for the draft

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Just because Ball was on a crap team doesn't mean he's doodie. He was one of the few decent players on that team. Good depth signing. Finally we got a CB FA...now a center and we are ready for the draft

Have you ever not loved any any draftee or FA we brought in? Even once? LOLOLOL

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
Charles Johnson trying to throw shade?

@randywattson: If I was a corner I would defiantly want to play on the panthers defense. Bad choice. Dline get cats paid over here ask Mike Mitchell & Cap

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah. Just updated it but it will most likely be a late round one though. I do have the Bears drafting Ifo Ekpre-Olomu in the fourth round but I see him as a free safety though.

He won't be there in the 4th round. Someone will take a chance on him in the late 2nd or the 3rd at the latest.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Solid signing. He has started at safety before and has also been a nickelback.

He's not from Illinois but he played the University of Illinois so that's cool.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Anyone see what I am seeing...

Alan Ball goes to Jaguars after Mel Tucker leaves and has a break-out year

Alan Ball goes to Bears after Mel Tucker leaves and ___________________

This is a well executed and highly thought out plan. Ball is meant to go here. He was predestined to!!

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
He won't be there in the 4th round. Someone will take a chance on him in the late 2nd or the 3rd at the latest.

Yeah, he will. Look at Aaron Colvin. Viewed as a fringe first round pick but tore his ACL and was picked up in the fourth.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight, the Bears haven't signed a 30+ year old, 6' veteran of the Bears with bicep issues, but signed a 30+ year old, 6' veteran with bicep issues?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was sort of hoping with the new GM we would stay away from all things Jaguars... Ah well, hopefully he was a bright spot on their team.

Makes no sense.

Shit teams still gon have some decent players. Nothing wrong with poaching players trying to escape that shit team. Especially on a zero risk contract.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight, the Bears haven't signed a 30+ year old, 6' veteran of the Bears with bicep issues, but signed a 30+ year old, 6' veteran with bicep issues?

Yeah, and they are counting on him to carry the secondary too. ZOMG BEARS BOTCH FA DAY 22 SIGNING!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
lol fisch, representing the nation of bear meatballs well
Yeah that guy we signed from Oakland last year worked out so well....

Sorry not impressed with signing a guy from Jacksonville who's coming off a torn bicep injury.

Hell if we wanted a guy coming back from injury, just bring Peanut back.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry not impressed with signing a guy from Jacksonville who's coming off a torn bicep injury.

I know, this move was the centerpiece of the offseason. Agree its underwhelming.

The comparison to Houston is spot on! The caliber of player, size and length of contract are perfect analogs!

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Has Peanut been linked to ANY teams this offseason? Has he visited anyone? Ball at least had a contract offer from the Panthers. You think Rivera knows what he's doing right?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Have you ever not loved any any draftee or FA we brought in? Even once? LOLOLOL

Dude......seek help. I have probably commented on a couple of FAs over the past few years...fact. Stop the insane talking out your ass. You still stewing about being so wrong on your 9er predictions ehh? Look up the thread count and enjoy being..... well off as usual stalker boy. Get over it and tell us again how great the 9ers were going to be last year and how they would murder us lmfao

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
So saying someone is "decent" means you love them?

We all know reading comp and logic are Racer Boy's weak points. He's just stewing about being exposed as a special person over and over again.... it's just too easy