Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why move Wisniewski to guard? Keep him as C. smh

That's just the writer making his own comment on something he thinks could happen but i wouldn't take to much from it. If we end up signing Wiz then i would think he'd play center and we'd either draft a RG or bring in one that's a free agent for a cheap contract when veteran cuts start happening or maybe they'll sign Barksdale as well as Wiz. That would be awesome if we signed both Wiz and Barksdale.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Scherff is nothing more than a future average guard at best. Long to tackle should only be considered in an emergency, no alternative, scenario. Why do so many dipshits on this board think that offensive lineman are just simple movable parts?

So you don't think K.Long can play tackle??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
While I believe that Long probably has the skillset to excel at RT too, it's a bit of a risky move to move a player away from a position, on which he's played at a pro bowl-level. The expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. I know that RT is "broken" at the moment, as Jordan Mills just isn't a starting caliber player. But we could potentially be changing a pro bowl-guard into an average RT. Not a very good trade in my opinion.

But heck, if the coaching staff believes that Long could be good at RT as well, and thereby upgrading the line by making that move, I'd have to trust them.

If Long is moved to RT i'd put money that he'd become a pro bowler at RT as well. The guy is a athletic freak.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
If Long is moved to RT i'd put money that he'd become a pro bowler at RT as well. The guy is a athletic freak.

I completely agree that the dude is athletic as fuck, and probably would do well at RT too. I even wrote that. But it's still a risk to move a pro bowl-player away from the position that made him a pro bowler. A risk worth taking, perhaps, but still a risk.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why do the Bears refuse to let Garza walk? If the Bears get Wisniewski, Wis to C, Garza to the bench and eventually off the team would be the best move.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this an old thread being dredged up? It feels like an old thread being dredged up.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I'd move Long to LT, Bushrod to RT, and put Ducasse at RG as a stop gap.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I'd move Long to LT, Bushrod to RT, and put Ducasse at RG as a stop gap.

Then the right side of our line would consist of a guy that should absolutely not be starting for any franchise (Ducasse) and a guy that's too soft to be a strong run-blocker, as you would like your RT to be (Bushrod).

I hate that idea.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Why do the Bears refuse to let Garza walk? If the Bears get Wisniewski, Wis to C, Garza to the bench and eventually off the team would be the best move.

Who says we're refusing to let him go? We currently don't have another even half-decent C on the roster, so Garza is the best we have. Yes, we might sign Wiz and start him at C. Then it might make sense to cut Garza (even though I'd have no problem with keeping him as a backup and mentor). But cutting him before we have a replacement makes absolutely no sense to me.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see Long get his hands on some smaller guys more often, ie D ends and LBers. I also think he'll be a pro bowler at Tackle.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
So they're finally considering something that should have been considered over a year ago.

Hmm, maybe there's some hope for this new regime after all.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Glad you came back to reality on that ridiculous debate.

Apparently you didn't understand the thread at all. Not once did I ever argue that longer arms made for a better pass rusher, only that Vic Fangio clearly believes that is the case and his OLB profile is biased accordingly.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I completely agree that the dude is athletic as fuck, and probably would do well at RT too. I even wrote that. But it's still a risk to move a pro bowl-player away from the position that made him a pro bowler. A risk worth taking, perhaps, but still a risk.

Yeah i can definitely agree with you on that but i have complete faith that he'll be fine at Tackle but i do see where you're coming from.