5 Free Agents Still on Bears Radar

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I was so god damn high on Dvoracek coming out of college. I thought we had unearthed a gem in the 3rd round. Boy, was I wrong :shot:

I just checked up on Dusty to see what he's been doin' since leaving football. I kind of expected him to be a fat guy getting into trouble all the time, as he had a bit of an reputation at OU. But it looks like he's doing good! He's apparently a sports radio host in Oklahoma, and also a CFB analyst for Sooner Sports TV. And he looks quite decent:

v9DYyEg2.jpeg

Good for you, Dusty!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dusty did go back to norman and had a bad spell there, fell off the wagon and beat up betanerds in bars, or so I heard, but then he found god and, apparently, moose johnston's tailor

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel sorry for you people

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea. I went to the season opener against the Chargers at Qualcom in 2007. The BEARs held them scoreless the first half
DD and TH what a nice tandem that could have been.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garza is done.

You would move him to the bench.

Maybe. But he was a guard and I'm not sure anyone on the team would be better if they moved Long

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that's what we should do, sign a center so we can finally rid ourselves of Garza at center only to move him back to guard......no thanks.

I didn't say I really wanted to move Long. But that's an option if we get Wiz. It's either that or sign another guard. Or sign Wiz, keep Long at guard and sign a FA RT like ole said.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow, we would find a replacement for Garza only to find another place to start him? genius...

That was a scenario for moving Long. I didn't say it was the best idea. Just an option if they wanted to do so.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Either the medical is bad on Wiz or the contract demands are unrealistic. It doesn't make much sense that he is still available based on his age and experience.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either the medical is bad on Wiz or the contract demands are unrealistic. It doesn't make much sense that he is still available based on his age and experience.

There were rumors/tweets of him seeking 6-8mil a year. I kind of feel that it's his agent trying to sell him as a Guard asking for that type of money.

Kind of the way if we don't end up moving Long to one of the Tackle positions before he comes up for his next contract. If he is allowed to hit the market, I could see his agent trying to sell Long as a Tackle and wanting that type of money through Free Agency, just as I believe Wiz and his agent are doing.

I could be totally off-base, but that's the feeling I get.

p.s.- I hope my comment about Long doesn't turn this into a Long to Tackle thread, I was just drawing a parallel scenario.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There were rumors/tweets of him seeking 6-8mil a year. I kind of feel that it's his agent trying to sell him as a Guard asking for that type of money.

Kind of the way if we don't end up moving Long to one of the Tackle positions before he comes up for his next contract. If he is allowed to hit the market, I could see his agent trying to sell Long as a Tackle and wanting that type of money through Free Agency, just as I believe Wiz and his agent are doing.

p.s.- I hope my comment about Long doesn't turn this into a Long to Tackle thread, I was just drawing a parallel scenario.

Not off base at all.

The Bears should at least try Long at tackle in camp and the preseason so they can accurately assess his value both financially and on the field.

If Long can play tackle then the Bears can draft OGs and Cs which come cheaper in the draft.

If he can't, then the Bears need to invest some premium picks at OT in the coming drafts.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not off base at all.

The Bears should at least try Long at tackle in camp and the preseason so they can accurately assess his value both financially and on the field.

If Long can play tackle then the Bears can draft OGs and Cs which come cheaper in the draft.

If he can't, then the Bears need to invest some premium picks at OT in the coming drafts.

I agree about trying Long out at T to better know what you have going forward, but my comment was more about Wiz at this point.

A little confused by your post though, if you are looking for cheaper OG's and C's through the draft(if Long can play T), then why even pursue Wiz as a FA?

Seems like a contradiction.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
is Kadeem really that bad? I honestly think he's a good for the gase/fox system...and he wasn't a good fit for trestman's offense...

funny how RB seems to be a sporadic topic of depth needs...just don't see it myself...hmmm

I'm with you on K.Carey. He didn't get much of a chance to show what he could do last season and the time he did get even though it was mostly garbage time he actually looked pretty damn good.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
a lot of my friends went to ou. when we got tommie, they said prepare to be amazed. they were right for that brilliant set of years.

they weren't so right about dvoracek, though, lol. they used to call tommie and dvoracek salt and pepper at ou

Dvoracek never got a chance because of injuries though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I just checked up on Dusty to see what he's been doin' since leaving football. I kind of expected him to be a fat guy getting into trouble all the time, as he had a bit of an reputation at OU. But it looks like he's doing good! He's apparently a sports radio host in Oklahoma, and also a CFB analyst for Sooner Sports TV. And he looks quite decent:

v9DYyEg2.jpeg

Good for you, Dusty!

Looke like John Richie.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i made a comment a while back saying we should give K.Long his next contract now before we move him to tackle so we could save some money. lol

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
still think emery was trolling when he signed garza to an extension and let de la puente walk. not that de la puente was all that, but he was better than aged garza

Yep, either it was a last "fuck you" on his way out, or it lead to his way out.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Yep, either it was a last "fuck you" on his way out, or it lead to his way out.

Signing Garza, a locker room-leader, to a contract that makes him almost free to cut is not a "fuck you". Had Emery signed Garza to a 3-year contract worth 15 million guaranteed, now that would be a "fuck you" of epic proportions.