What did New Orleans draft well when Pace was on board?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So what is your point? Even if he was involved in the process and has knowledge of the process doesn't mean he was a decision maker or influencer in all aspects of the process.

The point from the beginning is that New Orleans has had success drafting O line from the 3rd round on. Which 2015 prospects might fit that criteria? I NEVER implied Pace made any of these decisions but he certainly knows what transpired and how the players were graded. He's aware of the traits the organization valued. Pretty simple...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You guys crack me up. My point is he was involved in all aspects of player evaluation and completely understands the metrics the Saints used while drafting. Do you think their young executive star was told to be quiet and go sit in the corner during the draft process? He knows exactly why they picked Evans, Bushrod, Nicks and Armstead as well as every other player drafted during his time there. If not, why the hell would the Bears turn over the job to him?

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/staff/ryan-pace/5cd77f69-e394-4826-b7e4-f634b1a2733a

Your link clearly indicates that it was noting his new position in 2013

Which, as Spartan mentioned, means he was not in an influential position with regards to drafting prior to the last 2 years.

And even while having a seat at the table, still, i would think that he was not #1 or even #2 in the final decision making process...

Your thread title is probably off.

With that, I don't look at the Saints last 2 drafts and think to myself "wow, they killed it". As others have said.

Emery was much more respected for his draft talent evaluation - and that got us Shea and Hardin, and Rodriguez...

Truth is, no one really has a clue about whether Pace will be able to run a draft. He's a crap shoot in my mind. And being realistic, he's probably going to do a lot of "learning on the job".

It would be great if he could hit some homers this year.

But one thing is for sure, if you look at the moves he's made so far (ie bringing in a lot of low priced 3rd, 4th and 5th tier FA's to fill the roster on short term deals) his cards show he's not expecting much from the team in 2015.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah but I thought Pace was outsmarting the rest of the league by signing everyone to one year deals?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
The point from the beginning is that New Orleans has had success drafting O line from the 3rd round on. Which 2015 prospects might fit that criteria? I NEVER implied Pace made any of these decisions but he certainly knows what transpired and how the players were graded. He's aware of the traits the organization valued. Pretty simple...

So he watched what was going on while working for the Saints. Great.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So he watched what was going on while working for the Saints. Great.

I'm sure that's exactly what he told the Bears during the interview and that's why they felt compelled to hire him. None of us know exactly what he did or didn't do but if he doesn't understand the process they used to make those selections, the Bears will be looking for another GM in a few years.