Saints looking to trade Cameron and or Evans on Draft Day?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
SI's Peter King suggests Saints DE Cameron Jordan and/or G Jahri Evans could be traded on draft day.
The Saints' are trying to rebuild their identity on the fly and the draft is an obvious spot to get active. Jordan, coming off a down year in 2014 and now entering the final year of his rookie deal, may be asking for more than GM Mickey Loomis is willing to give in an extension. Evans, previously mentioned as a candidate for release, could likely be had for a late-round pick. The Saints also have five picks in the first three rounds, more than any other team.

Could the bears get him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder? He is on the last year of his rookie deal which lowers the asking price.
Thoughts?

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I remember mentioning this possible deal some time ago on here, as the Saints are seemingly trying to get rid of just about everybody. Jordan is one of the league's best 5-techs, and he'd be an AWESOME addition!

But he's expensive, not only in compensation to the Saints (at minimum our 2nd rounder, probably even more), but also cap-wise. He's set to earn 7 million this year, and then be an FA next year, where he'll probably look for upwards of 8-9-10 million yearly on a new contract.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Long pole in the tent is going to be finding the cap room to make that trade happen.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
We do not need to be giving away draft picks. Stick to the draft.

I get that draft picks are good and fun to have, but let's say we could get Jordan for our 2nd round pick. We'd be getting one of the league's best 5-tech's, who's actually proven himself in this league. If Pace, Stein and co could find place under the salary cap for Jordan, of course without feeling like they let the team down in other places, I'd be all for it.

I'm not saying that we definitely need to make this happen. But we'd be idiots not to a least consider it for a minute.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I get that draft picks are good and fun to have, but let's say we could get Jordan for our 2nd round pick. We'd be getting one of the league's best 5-tech's, who's actually proven himself in this league. If Pace, Stein and co could find place under the salary cap for Jordan, of course without feeling like they let the team down in other places, I'd be all for it.

I'm not saying that we definitely need to make this happen. But we'd be idiots not to a least consider it for a minute.

If the Saints offer Jordan for a 2nd and Pace doesn't bite he should be fired immediately. It won't happen of course, and even if it did the Saints would have to take cap trash off the Bears hands in order to make the deal work. Would likely have to be Allen (who no one will take) or Forte (who the Saints probably wouldn't want.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Hard to justify losing a high draft pick for someone that was part of a shitty defense and entering the last year of his deal.. I'd think about giving them our 4th or 5th.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If the Saints offer Jordan for a 2nd and Pace doesn't bite he should be fired immediately. It won't happen of course, and even if it did the Saints would have to take cap trash off the Bears hands in order to make the deal work. Would likely have to be Allen (who no one will take) or Forte (who the Saints probably wouldn't want.

technically the bears could afford jordan without the saints having to take anyone back. The bears currently have roughly 8 mill in space and thats after the draft pool and the 1yr signings. Assuming the bears trade lets say a 2nd rounder, that would increase their cap space to 9 mill which would allow them to fit jordan's 7 mill under the cap.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
The only way the trade gets done is if the Bears work out an extension with him before the trade.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The only way the trade gets done is if the Bears work out an extension with him before the trade.

He can always be tagged next year to setup more time for an extension or facilitate a trade if he really doesn't like chicago. the bears will have upwards of 45 mill in 2016...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would definitely give up a 3rd for him. I'm not sure about a 2nd. Pace knows Jordan about as well as anyone so I would trust his judgement.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can always be tagged next year to setup more time for an extension or facilitate a trade if he really doesn't like chicago. the bears will have upwards of 45 mill in 2016...

They would need to work out an extension in order to have cap room in 2015.

Also, they need the franchise tag available if they go into negotiations with Alshon next year.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure we could negotiate a better exchange than a 2nd rounder given his cap number. Fitting Jordan under the cap shouldn't be a problem if you're planning to extend him. And why trade for him if you're not? I say offer a 4th and negotiate from there.

Taking on ~7M is a no brainer for the Bears. Jordan not only fills the void we have at 5 tech, but offers top talent. The question is what are the Saints willing to take. If they're desperate for the cap relief, they may be willing to deal at our price. Maybe they eat his cap number this year instead of taking a low rounder. Maybe a middle rounder makes the deal happen.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd give up a 2nd round pick for Cameron Jordan and a 5th round pick for Jahri Evans.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
How bout #7, 4th rounder + future 5th rounder for Saints #13 and Jordan? I think that's pretty fair overall for both sides.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only way a deal for Jordan works is if he negotiates and agrees to a contract with the bears as part of the trade.

slimeyjimey

Liked Posts:
How bout #7, 4th rounder + future 5th rounder for Saints #13 and Jordan? I think that's pretty fair overall for both sides.

Don't let Ommy see you hypothetically trading down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
We do not need to be giving away draft picks. Stick to the draft.

Yes, and with a little creativity, we don't have to give up a pick at all. I've already identified the Saints as one of two teams we can trade down with. Imo, they are trying to accomplish two things. First, to dump some salary, and 2nd to draft one of Cooper or White.

I think they want to replace Graham's production and get a weapon for Brees. If Cooper or White is there at #7, and Pace doesn't want either one, we could trade down from #7 to #13 with NO. That's about 350 points on the trade chart and worth about a high 3rd.

I know how some people think about trade downs, but if the Bears can get Jordan and the 13th pick for our #7 pick, I'd have to think about it. We'd save some cap money from the rookie pool by dropping out of the top 10 as well.

Think about getting Shelton and Jordan, or maybe Collins and Jordan, or even Waynes and Jordan instead of sticking at #7 if your guy isn't there. Heck, if the Saints are desperate, maybe they throw in a 4th or 5th as well?

They certainly don't have too much money for a bunch of draft picks either. Or maybe swapping the Bears #39 for NO's 31 (also about a 4th), plus Jordan. A little creativity is all that is needed sometimes. :dunno: