Big cuts are made

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
They have said that they would draft pitching in the first round if the talent was right They dont draft on priority. They would absolutely draft a pitcher and would have drafted Appel if Bryant was chosen first. Last year there were 4 prospects above the rest by a good margin. That was Aiken, Kolek, Rodon, and Hoffman. Hoffman has TJ so he went out of the window. None of the rest fell to them so they went with a guaranteed below slot player. This allowed them to go get more high end arms later in the draft because they would have money to sign them. There was no doubt in my mind that Rodon fell to the Cubs. They would have drafted him in a heartbeat.

The Cubs strategy was to draft offense first and acquire pitching later, He said that many times.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
To be fair he might be able to match Ruth in drinking beer and eating hot dogs...

In all my years as a fan (over 40), i don't think ive ever heard a ball player ever being compared to being like Babe fricken Ruth, let alone a kid who just completed A ball...

:facepalm2:

I thought it was obvious that whoever Bernstein was talking to did not intend for the comment to be taken literally, and that he was only trying to describe how high the Cubs are on Schwarber's bat.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah, fatbeard. One would think I was the only one allowed to rain on someone's parade here.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
:facepalm2:

I thought it was obvious that whoever Bernstein was talking to did not intend for the comment to be taken literally, and that he was only trying to describe how high the Cubs are on Schwarber's bat.

That's how I took it when I heard Bernstein say it. "Babe fricken Ruth" translates to "the sky is the limit" because, really, who ever seriously compares anyone to Babe Ruth?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's how I took it when I heard Bernstein say it. "Babe fricken Ruth" translates to "the sky is the limit" because, really, who ever seriously compares anyone to Babe Ruth?

I could say that about a ton of prospects. Let him get to advanced pitching before declaring anything. It was a dumb comment by that guy still.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@TheCCO: #Cubs Added Quantity to the System with International Signings bit.ly/1IbbvMz #MiLB

Reading this article reminded me that the Cubs also added some good young arms Via international signings that we tend to forget about cause we focus more on the regular draft...