In other news...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Well I hope he's good enough to demand playing time, if he puts it together he could be a good stretch 4 like Rashard Lewis when the matchups are right for us.

mdot1986

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
oh i really hope the magic match. Please match.

Why? Who is better at SG that is still on the market? Next to Rose Reddick could have a breakout year. His job is to hit the 3! I think many are overestimating what we can realistically get as a viable option at SG right now. We have 3 all-stars in our starting lineup already...and a possible 4th(deng). Reddick is a decent pick-up.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
mdot1986 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
oh i really hope the magic match. Please match.

Why? Who is better at SG that is still on the market? Next to Rose Reddick could have a breakout year. His job is to hit the 3! I think many are overestimating what we can realistically get as a viable option at SG right now. We have 3 all-stars in our starting lineup already...and a possible 4th(deng). Reddick is a decent pick-up.

Morrow was better for half as much. And we need to be exploring trades and not tying up all our money in Reddick. He is also quite redundant to Korver. I'm just not that impressed with Reddick and Korver for 12 mill a year.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I don't really see how Morrow is better than Redick. He shot better from three but drew far fewer fouls, pace adjusted he scored at a slightly worse rate, and unlike Redick has a reputation as being a bad defender (although he played for Golden State so perhaps could be better in a different situation).

I also don't see how Morrow or Redick are redundant, both are SGs, Korver is primarily a SF who can play some SG. If anything Redick is less redundant because he can play limited minutes at PG if needed.

At the price of 3/12 vs 3/19, I'd say Morrow is better value (and begin a two year player vs four, probably has more room for improvement), but right now Redick is the better player.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Sorry I didn't mean better as in overtalent but as financially and upsidewise. I still prefer to hit the trade market. Someone is going to be giving away someone, just look at al jefferson.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'm sure we have been looking for a trade, the problem is I don't think we have room to take on another player unless we give someone up. For example, take the hypothetical lineup of Rose/Iggy/Deng/Boozer/Noah that has been discussed. Collectively they averaged nearly 90 PPG last year. There just aren't going to be enough shots to keep everyone happy.

We need someone who is a role player who wont want many shots in the starting lineup, so if we bring in someone Deng has to go.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I don't think thats really a valid point, aren't Bron, Wade and Bosh alone close to 90ppg? They are predicted to be the superteam. Guys will get used to their role and winning.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
LeBron, Wade and Bosh chose to team up, we wouldn't be giving them a choice, we'd just be dumping someone on Rose & Deng and telling them to share the shots. That's historically been a recipe for bad locker room chemistry.

We'll also see how happy Bosh is when he's averaging 15 PPG and getting no credit. I don't assume it's all going to stay happy families in Miami.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I'm really not worried about guys losing shots. Deng needs to go from second to forth option anyway.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Someone better tell Deng that, because allegedly he was unhappy with the shots he was getting during Vinny's first year. Obviously only internet innuendo so who knows how true it is, but I can't see him being happy with being less than a 3rd option.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
David Aldridge says the Jazz are close to getting Al Jefferson for some picks to replace Boozer.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big Z headed to Miami.....fuck

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mark Deeks says we're interested in Livingston at backup PG. Personally, I think that, coupled with a minimum signing of Acie Law or someone else who can back him up once he almost assuredly gets injured, would be a pretty good signing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nets also officially get Morrow in S&T for a protected 2nd round pick. The pick is protected if it's 31-55. I doubt the Nets will be that good, so they essentially signed him outright.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Warriors other moves put them at risk of the tax, so they don't want Morrow.

Big Z doesn't worry me much, he couldn't even crack the rotation in Cleveland because he's done. Unless Miami also includes a fountain of youth in the deal he's just your standard minimum salary scrub now.

Livingston is interesting, I think he's a great pickup on the cheap because he can actually play. Would be a massive improvement over having Lindsey Hunter or some other scrubtastic has been we've gone with recently. Of course whether he can play a full season is a worry, but we can always sign a cheap vet as well for insurance.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shakes wrote:
Warriors other moves put them at risk of the tax, so they don't want Morrow.

Big Z doesn't worry me much, he couldn't even crack the rotation in Cleveland because he's done. Unless Miami also includes a fountain of youth in the deal he's just your standard minimum salary scrub now.

Livingston is interesting, I think he's a great pickup on the cheap because he can actually play. Would be a massive improvement over having Lindsey Hunter or some other scrubtastic has been we've gone with recently. Of course whether he can play a full season is a worry, but we can always sign a cheap vet as well for insurance.
Z still has some game left in him I think. He'll do well as the 4th or 5th option because all the attention will be on the asshats. Plus, if nothing else, this move gives them size and a bit of defense at the center position, which annoys me.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Chandler does end up getting traded...to the Mavs. Him and Aijanca (or whatever it is) for Dampier, Najara, and Carrol. Bobcats have yet to get a PG...they'll get one eventually I'm sure.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I find it funny that MJ backed out of a trade that would get him talent in order to go for a salary dump. MJ the player would have been livid at the front office for such a move, MJ the GM finds it's harder when you're the one signing the cheques.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
And Miller is having second thoughts about taking less money to go to the Heat, guys want to get paid before the lockout and all ... says it's not a done deal yet and he's still listening to other teams.