Your Gut Feelings About the Draft

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Who is that? Williams? Dupree is a favorite of everyone but some don't think he has enough value at 7.

Dupree is a monster athlete, but I don't think Pace rolls the dice with someone like Dupree that high in his first draft....

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My gut feeling is, Pace & Saints will strike a deal, to help the Bears rebuild and get Brees some immediate help.

If one of Cooper/White is the best available:

Saints trade 13 & 31 for Bears 7, 106 & 2016 4th rndr.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
- Jets will trade out the #6 for a team that moves up and drafts a WR before us. (The Jets can move back and still grab the top RB)
- Shaq Thompson falls to the 5/6th round
- TJ Clemmings falls to the 3rd/4th round
- Bears draft Danny Shelton (I don't want it to happen, but feel this is their guy)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Even though I don't believe Jets will go WR at #6, it can't be ruled out. Weirder things have happened in the draft, that's for sure.

After having been a weakness for many, many years for the Jets, WR would suddenly be a strength for them. Would that make Geno look good? I personally doubt it, but you just never know. Jets could believe that it would, and then Cooper makes a lot of sense, if he's there.
Or the a team could trade up with the Jets and take a WR like mentioned above.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I still have this gut feeling the Bears draft Danny Shelton. I have been back and forth about whether I like him or not, right now I am riding the bandwagon but I never questioned their interest in him or the possibility of the Bears drafting at #7.

The Bears have done so much homework on him and met with him several times. He is a great fit with John Fox and he is the type of leader/locker room guy they will be looking for. He could be a centerpiece of the defensive line for the next decade.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love picking 7 in this draft their is so much talent to pick from and many ways, the Bears can go with the pick. Do have a feeling we get a WR or Shelton at 7. Can always get a WR later it is a very deep draft. Would be nice to have one of the elite ones though.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I feel Cooper/White/Shelton. Especially Shelton if we trade back.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I think we get Cooper or White. The offseason moves Pace made cleared the way. I hope he is smart enough to try and trade down to get Shelton if that is his guy. I expect about 5 trades in the first round at least.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Williams, Cooper and White are gone, we trade down. Otherwise, we take one of them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The deal for Mariota happens and the Chicago fans are going to go crazy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The deal for Mariota happens and the Chicago fans are going to go crazy.

Immediately 99% or half will hate him but try to say "I mean I don't like the pick but I will see what happens" and then he throws an INT in pre-season and dey come out swinging like "ZOMG WHY WE SPEND A PICK ON DIS FUCKING SCRUB WE ARE DOOMEDZZZ"

The other 1% or half will love him immediately and defend him just as hard as they hated on Cutler..... and thus the great cycle begins again.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Immediately 99% or half will hate him but try to say "I mean I don't like the pick but I will see what happens" and then he throws an INT in pre-season and dey come out swinging like "ZOMG WHY WE SPEND A PICK ON DIS FUCKING SCRUB WE ARE DOOMEDZZZ"

The other 1% or half will love him immediately and defend him just as hard as they hated on Cutler..... and thus the great cycle begins again.

At least Mariota doesn't have a "fuck you, I don't care"-face. That's actually a pretty good start.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My biggest fear is we draft somebody that I haven't really thought about or embraced. There are SO MANY guys I'd love at #7. But the last two years, I remember saying, "Long? Who?" and then "Kyle Fuller? Really?" Both worked out, but I was surprised. Scherff might be that pick, underwhelmed with the pick, but a guy that ultimately is a stud for us. Really want White/Cooper.

Liked Posts:
My biggest fear is we draft somebody that I haven't really thought about or embraced. There are SO MANY guys I'd love at #7. But the last two years, I remember saying, "Long? Who?" and then "Kyle Fuller? Really?" Both worked out, but I was surprised. Scherff might be that pick, underwhelmed with the pick, but a guy that ultimately is a stud for us. Really want White/Cooper.

This is my fear, too.

Every one of Emery's picks resulted in a total mind-fuck for me. I somehow resisted the urge to hurl my beer at the television after the Shea pick.

Bort

Liked Posts:
My Bears-prediction: No matter what Pace ends up doing in the draft, there'll be a bunch of threads asking for his resignation and public execution..

The reality is generally the exact opposite, I think. There's usually a honeymoon period for a new GM even when they're fucking up royally in real time. No one complains at the time, and then hindsight is 20/20.

Almost no one complained at the time when Mark Hatley took Curtis Enis #5 overall in his first draft, or when Jerry Angelo wasted two first round picks in the same draft on Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman. And I vividly remember being the only one mad at the time at Emery's garbage 2012 draft that only ended up producing one starter.

Dave Wannstedt didn't even get much shit at the time for taking a punter in the fucking 2nd round in 1995.

Also, interestingly, if you look back, Hatley was considered by everyone to be an idiot by 2001 (I remember all the Chicago sports opinion people calling him "the hard hat" or something like that), but his 4 drafts ended up yielding a bunch of really good NFL players.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I hope you're right, Bort.

It's allowed to be disappointed with a pick the Bears make, as I probably will be at some point in the draft too. But we'll have to remember to give Pace the benefit of the doubt. For all we know, he's a fucking genius. Probably not, but we just don't know yet.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
my gut feeling is that my gut will be full of beer :beer:

JIMMY MAC FAN

Liked Posts:
The reality is generally the exact opposite, I think. There's usually a honeymoon period for a new GM even when they're fucking up royally in real time. No one complains at the time, and then hindsight is 20/20.

Almost no one complained at the time when Mark Hatley took Curtis Enis #5 overall in his first draft, or when Jerry Angelo wasted two first round picks in the same draft on Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman. And I vividly remember being the only one mad at the time at Emery's garbage 2012 draft that only ended up producing one starter.

Dave Wannstedt didn't even get much shit at the time for taking a punter in the fucking 2nd round in 1995.

Also, interestingly, if you look back, Hatley was considered by everyone to be an idiot by 2001 (I remember all the Chicago sports opinion people calling him "the hard hat" or something like that), but his 4 drafts ended up yielding a bunch of really good NFL players.
I was like, what the fuck is he doing?, when Emery took McSmellin if the first round of his first draft. And to this day I do not get that pick.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I was like, what the fuck is he doing?, when Emery took McSmellin if the first round of his first draft. And to this day I do not get that pick.

Ugh. When I saw his name pop up on Kiper's big board I remember saying to my friends "anyone but that guy", sure enough the flabby little farm boy ends up being the pick and I was far from pleased to say the least.