wishes all of you a merry 420 :smoke:

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Is this really Randy wishing me a happy 420, or are you blowing smoke up my ass?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But you didnt screw yourself out of millions of dollars doing so most likely

doubt he really did either...he will probably still be a top 15 pick

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How I feel as well. Too talented to drop out of the top 15.

yep...it probably wont happen, but I would have no issue with the bears taking him at #7 still. though I now expect the backlash from most on here over that statement lol

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
yep...it probably wont happen, but I would have no issue with the bears taking him at #7 still. though I now expect the backlash from most on here over that statement lol

As long as Pace is comfortable with Gregory as a person there should be no hesitation in taking him at 7.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You have to admit that it's kind of worrisome that a guy is too stupid to be able to remain sober for a few weeks, it just runs up the red flag about his decision making in general.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You have to admit that it's kind of worrisome that a guy is too stupid to be able to remain sober for a few weeks, it just runs up the red flag about his decision making in general.

its not quite that simple though. he very well might have stopped for a few weeks and due to being a heavy pot smoker it was still in his system. there is no cut and dry amount of time, it varies from person to person. but like smokey said above, if pace meets with him and in comfortable with him and feels he is BPA when they pick then they shouldn't hesitate. I mean its just pot, and its not like hes the only one doing it, hell prolly half the league smokes bud....he just has to be taught the ropes on how to work around the system to not get caught lol

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still speaks plenty to his level of self control; admitted to failed tests in college, couldn't prevent himself from abstaining for enough time to clean his system...it's not like it's that difficult. So until the league catches up to reality and realizes this shouldn't be an issue it remains one, and guys that can't piss clean for a test they knew was coming months or years in advance are going to be at risk for suspension due to stupidity alone. I'm more concerned about his massive weight fluctuations than this shit, but it's still a problem and should be taken into consideration.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Still speaks plenty to his level of self control; admitted to failed tests in college, couldn't prevent himself from abstaining for enough time to clean his system...it's not like it's that difficult. So until the league catches up to reality and realizes this shouldn't be an issue it remains one, and guys that can't piss clean for a test they knew was coming months or years in advance are going to be at risk for suspension due to stupidity alone. I'm more concerned about his massive weight fluctuations than this shit, but it's still a problem and should be taken into consideration.

sure, take it into consideration, I have no issue with that. the issue I have are those who automatically say no way to the guy. we don't get to meet with him and talk to him and find out what kind of person he is. maybe he is some idiot thug type that we want no part of. but maybe he is just a stoner that sits at home playing video games and eating cereal. that's where we just have to hope pace has done his research on not just Gregory but all these guys

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
From what I keep reading I'm getting mixed reports. Iv heard teams have known for a while and that they have already taken it into account.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
From what I keep reading I'm getting mixed reports. Iv heard teams have known for a while and that they have already taken it into account.
The vague reports have been "not good" when digging into his past. Some teams have apparently taken him off their boards.

No idea which teams obviously. Nobody really cares that he liked to smoke some weed.

The problem is coming into the league under the substance abuse umbrella.

Availability is the key and if you're not available because of a substance abuse suspension when the team is expecting you to not only play but make a significant impact because of a high draft status.

That's why teams will be reluctant to pick him high where he was originally projected.

Justin Blackmon said all the right things coming out of college with his issues and he has proved the gamble wasn't worth it.

You just can't project those things.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The vague reports have been "not good" when digging into his past. Some teams have apparently taken him off their boards.

No idea which teams obviously. Nobody really cares that he liked to smoke some weed.

The problem is coming into the league under the substance abuse umbrella.

Availability is the key and if you're not available because of a substance abuse suspension when the team is expecting you to not only play but make a significant impact because of a high draft status.

That's why teams will be reluctant to pick him high where he was originally projected.

Justin Blackmon said all the right things coming out of college with his issues and he has proved the gamble wasn't worth it.

You just can't project those things.

exactly, we cant project any of these things regarding character...guys with no arrest or drug historys have been arrested after getting into the league too ya know lol

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
So the guy has super self control issues, but we're supposed to trust he can put on 20lbs of good weight and maintain what were modestly disappointing explosive numbers he put up at the combine?

I think i'll pass at #7, but can understand someone taking him a bit later. He has the best pass rush technique and use of hands/length of all the elite edge guys in the draft.

If he was actually 6"6, actually 245lbs at the combine when he ran, actually ran and jumped like Vic, and was productive like Ray last yr, I would be all for taking him if the red flags were limited to just a little pot.

Of course he actually came up short on all of those things; an inconvenient fact which his backers on here seem to love to either excuse or ignore in every case.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
So the guy has super self control issues, but we're supposed to trust he can put on 20lbs of good weight and maintain what were modestly disappointing explosive numbers he put up at the combine?

I think i'll pass at #7, but can understand someone taking him a bit later. He has the best pass rush technique and use of hands/length of all the elite edge guys in the draft.

If he was actually 6"6, actually 245lbs, actually ran and jumped like Vic, and was productive like Ray last yr, I would be all for taking him if the red flags were limited to just a little pot.

Of course he actually came up short on all of those things; an inconvenient fact which his backers on here seem to love to either excuse or ignore in every case.

You realize he is 6'5 and up to 243 at his most recent weigh-in and at that weight posted a 4.53 40 right? You seem to be the one ignoring these things and acting as if him being an inch shorter than his listed college height is an actual issue.

Not only did he miss games last year he played through injuries and still produced in the same ball park as Fowler and Dupree, he didn't produce like Ray but no one did.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
You realize he is 6'5 and up to 243 at his most recent weigh-in and at that weight posted a 4.53 40 right? You seem to be the one ignoring these things and acting as if him being an inch shorter than his listed college height is an actual issue.

Not only did he miss games last year he played through injuries and still produced in the same ball park as Fowler and Dupree, he didn't produce like Ray but no one did.

We've been through this...combine numbers please. I want a level playing field, and his numbers at the combine were what they were.

Nice try though. I have no interest in rehashing the argument again and again...

I am looking at apples versus apples from the combine when everyone knows it counts and when the track and the timing is identical for everyone. Not BS pro-day numbers where everyone magically gets a tenth or more faster....good luck with tricking someone who is naive with that.

How many sacks did Gregory have outside the U of I game?

Simple question you always hate answering or change the subject on....just answer it for us.

p.s. I think he is a much better pass rusher than Fowler, so there that argument goes. He'll also be 2 yrs older on draft night, right? I think Fowler can work on pass rush technique and close the gap over the next 2 yrs. That's called speculating on a very young player with athletic upside.

Gregory is pretty much a finished product and the numbers at the combine tell the story.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2 months until it's legal here. :D