IST: Cubs (8-7) at Reds(8-8)

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Trade him now, we have better options. LOL

This is the truest statement ever! I have been saying this for years.

"I've decided I don't like him, so I'll make up a reason to prove why he isn't very good."

If the FO decides to trade him, does that mean that they don't like him or maybe they feel that he has the best chance to bring back something they can use elsewhere? :dunno:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the FO decides to trade him, does that mean that they don't like him or maybe they feel that he has the best chance to bring back something they can use elsewhere? :dunno:

What? Fans decided to trade him. The FO office isnt trading him for nothing less then something spectacular in return. Trading him for Zach Wheeler would have been a horrible trade but yet fan were clamoring for it. His D has been well above average this year so far. He has started off strong with the stick and doesnt really get going till he gets hot. He is on pace to make his 4th all star team and being the best SS in the league unless Tulo stays healthy for an entire season or majority of it. People act like Castro being traded wouldnt create another hole. It would. Russell is not ready. I still dont care for Bryant at third and believe the Cubs will move him at some point. Second base, is up in the air unless Alcantara, Russell, or Baez takes it. Trading Castro makes zero sense at this time and the near future.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

It's not really that simple. Everyone should be considered in the right trade, although I would think Rizzo and Bryant are as close to the bottom of that list as possible and Castro probably not much above them. Part of the issue with trading Castro is the national storyline that paints him pretty unfairly has devalued him (as is pointed our in Matt Snyder's piece) probably enough to make him worth using in trade. If you take his stats and call him Joe Blow he's probably worth something close to an ace pitcher in return, maybe with a minor leaguer thrown in. No one is making that trade for Castro which makes his value to the Cubs as high as anyone on the team. The other issue, as SilenceS points out, is that trading him at any point this season is foolish at best, catastrophically stupid at worst. He's a All Star caliber player who is thriving because he's finally surrounded by other All Star caliber talent. He's singlehandedly won at least one game and has had a hand in several. The kid is playing better than he ever has and, oh by the way, he's a pretty good career player. At some point the right trade may come and like I said you always listen but he's a hell of a player and he's worth more to the Cubs than he is in trade. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon.