Who Pre-Orded Witcher 3!?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you guys fucking excited? It comes out the 19th

I personally have not pre-ordered, only cause I have too much of a backlog of games already. But I def will be playing this sooner or later.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Looking forward to it, but like you, have such a backlog that I have not pre-ordered. I have close to, if not more than, 15 games that I have yet to play. I have Batman and Uncharted on pre-order. Don't think I will pre-order anymore, unless a sick game comes out, or I catch up.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to it, but like you, have such a backlog that I have not pre-ordered. I have close to, if not more than, 15 games that I have yet to play. I have Batman and Uncharted on pre-order. Don't think I will pre-order anymore, unless a sick game comes out, or I catch up.

Not to hijack- OP- but the Batman gameplay looks fantastic:

[video=youtube;nXAjKYWhZUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXAjKYWhZUM[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been a gamer for like 15+ years now and I can honestly say I only pre-Ordered like 1 or 2 games.... and that was back in the early 2000s when if you didn't pre-Order a really popular game, there was a legit chance you could not get a copy for a few weeks.

And they were PC games.... before I used Steam or other digital services for all my content delivery.

Idk, now I am either backlogged on games or just way too busy to need to pre-Order stuff.... pre-Ordering IMO is an outdated concept these days.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't even played through the first two Witcher games yet...

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
2014 and 2015 have been great for games for me, so like others, I have a backlog bigtime. I am going to see how other players receive this game first and go from there. I am now playing a considerable amount of ESO.

This looks much better than the other, very linear, witcher games.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have not played any games of the series thus far. Only game I have pre-ordered right now is Batman Arkham Knight. I only tend to pre-order console games since I often times like buying the collectors editions which if you don't you're shit out of luck on release day. However this time around I pre-ordered it on Steam since the game + season pass was $10 off. I don't really plan on playing any AAA titles on consoles anymore since I have my beast PC ready to take on anything new.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
The only game I ever pre-ordered was the OG Gran Turismo. They had like 1,000 copies when I picked it up which made me feel like a dumbass for taking the time to pre-order.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Not to hijack- OP- but the Batman gameplay looks fantastic:

[video=youtube;nXAjKYWhZUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXAjKYWhZUM[/video]

I hope it's better than the last batman game, can't remember the name of it right now but it was really really bad.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope it's better than the last batman game, can't remember the name of it right now but it was really really bad.

Well I can tell you right now this isn't your run of the mill Batman game. Its the only one in the series to warrant a Mature rating. This is a darker game with more violence than previous games and its going to allow you to seamlessly control multiple characters in a kind of tag team style combat system that is already quite intricate. Not to mention you're going to have the Batmobile now.

For what its worth, two of the three previous Batman games won game of the year.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

I believe it's the same dudes who did Shadow of Mordor- which was great and had excellent combat.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2014 and 2015 have been great for games for me, so like others, I have a backlog bigtime. I am going to see how other players receive this game first and go from there. I am now playing a considerable amount of ESO.

This looks much better than the other, very linear, witcher games.

I like the linear style. Don't get why all the sudden everything has to be open world, trying to mimic MMO's. Yes, I really like exploration and emergent gameplay. But I also enjoy an expertly crafted story based game. They are just different and both can be done well.

Linear has become such a bad word and its dumb. Last of Us and Mass Effect were completely linear but still some of the best games of all time.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I can tell you right now this isn't your run of the mill Batman game. Its the only one in the series to warrant a Mature rating. This is a darker game with more violence than previous games and its going to allow you to seamlessly control multiple characters in a kind of tag team style combat system that is already quite intricate. Not to mention you're going to have the Batmobile now.

For what its worth, two of the three previous Batman games won game of the year.

And first 2 were amazing and built with love and care while the 3rd was farmed out to a new developer.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And first and second batman are very different. First is linear and story driven with excellent pacing, acting, and writing. Third is open world with a good story, great acting and writing, but traded some story and a lot of the pacing for a big open world (ala gta). Both were great imo.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I liked Origins. Especially the fight with Firefly. However, it was different devs doing the game, so I expected a bit of a drop off. As soon as the new one comes out, it goes to the top of my play list.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I never played witcher but I watched an extended trailer with some gameplay and some of the conversations and was rolling on the floor when people were being racist to elves, a woman used magic to make her top disappear, and some asshole in a bar says "have a drink with me, cocksucker".

So I will be playing this game. Didn't pre-order, though.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The story in the games is actually good. There is some over the top nudity in 1 and 2. But overall, they are pretty awesome. I would recommend 2 for sure. Its kind of like a medieval mass effect with more political intrigue and some low-brow humor.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The story in the games is actually good. There is some over the top nudity in 1 and 2. But overall, they are pretty awesome. I would recommend 2 for sure. Its kind of like a medieval mass effect with more political intrigue and some low-brow humor.

I don't seek out low brow humor in games but I wasn't expecting a 'medieval' game with a sense of humor about itself.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't seek out low brow humor. Low brow humor seeks me.