1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would be shocked if he does

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
The right move is to keep Thibs, but bring in an offensive consultant or assistant. What GarPax will actually do...who the fuck knows? Hoiberg would not surprise me even though no other franchise is remotely interested in hiring him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Health and uprooting is family is the biggest reason why I don't think he will come over.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The right move is to keep Thibs, but bring in an offensive consultant or assistant. What GarPax will actually do...who the fuck knows? Hoiberg would not surprise me even though no other franchise is remotely interested in hiring him.
Force all kinds of shit on a stubborn coach and expect him to change his ways? Lol. That's not happening. Sorry dude. The team needs a change at this point.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:

No other team? WTF? You need to keep up on your news. He's been looked at for several jobs, and the second he says he's willing to leave Iowa State, several more possibilities will open up. Golden State wanted him last year, according to some reports, but ultimately settled on Kerr when he decided not to leave ISU. He is VERY well thought of among NBA organizations.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Health and uprooting is family is the biggest reason why I don't think he will come over.

Those are definitely factors, but I ultimately think that doubling his salary, getting an NBA job (which has always been his dream according to those close to him), and the chance to work with a front office he has history with will be too hard to turn down when the chips are down.

By the way, his doctor is on record that the heart issue will have zero impact on whether he can be a great college or NBA coach, even with the demands associated with each. He should be good to go.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Those are definitely factors, but I ultimately think that doubling his salary, getting an NBA job (which has always been his dream according to those close to him), and the chance to work with a front office he has history with will be too hard to turn down when the chips are down.

By the way, his doctor is on record that the heart issue will have zero impact on whether he can be a great college or NBA coach, even with the demands associated with each. He should be good to go.
We'll see.

I can understand why the team wants Hoiberg, but I am just very cautious about it. I guess I'd rather have an NBA assistant from a winning team.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I have made a list of ten possible candidates for the Bulls head coaching vacancy when Thibodeau is eventually gone. Make a list of three candidates you want to see the Bulls hire, in no particular order, and give a reason why you have them there if you feel like it.

Kenny Atkinson, Atlanta Hawks assistant coach

Tony Bennett, University of Virginia head coach

Alvin Gentry, Golden State Warriors assistant coach

Adrian Griffin, Chicago Bulls assistant coach

Fred Hoiberg, Iowa State head coach

Jay Larranaga, Boston Celtics assistant coach

Tyronn Lue, Cleveland Cavaliers assistant coach

Ettore Messina, San Antonio Spurs assistant coach

Sean Miller, University of Arizona head coach

Ime Udoka, San Antonio Spurs assistant coach

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
42 years old, four young kids, two heart surgeries, and he is the king of Ames.

I just don't know if I see it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
42 years old, four young kids, two heart surgeries, and he is the king of Ames.

I just don't know if I see it.

yeah i guess we'll just have to wait and see

i'll be a little disappointed to say the least if he turns the job down...but i'll understand

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
My three candidates:

• Fred Hoiberg, Iowa State head coach - Well, had to put him on this list because every Bulls head coaching rumor has to have him in it.
  • Kenny Atkinson, Atlanta Hawks assistant coach - One of the most underrated assistant coaches in the league, but is high on many lists. Not only known as a great player development coach, but is a likable teacher who is both cerebral and a high-level communicator. He was instrumental in the making of the Knicks' and Hawks' high scoring offenses that both resulted in being in the top 10 of offensive efficiency. This past year, he was instrumental in Atlanta ranking 6th in the league in defensive efficiency. In the end, he is a good all-around coach that brings both offensive and defensive experience and success along with great player development.
  • Tyronn Lue, Cleveland Cavaliers assistant coach - Highest paid assistant in the league, which basically means that he is one of the best. Plus, he can give us an advantage against the Cavs in the future.

After reading my lengthy reason on Kenny Atkinson, you can pretty much tell that he is the man I want the Bulls to get.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:

Totally agree with you. If he does stay, he has to get a new offensive-minded assistant who has had actual success. He also needs to use more players on the bench, not just 9. He needs to use everybody in some way.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
What about Scott Brooks? Is he even interested in coaching right now?