Grasu or Montgomery?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
you cant compare 1st and 3rd cause 1sts are drafted to start most of the time 3rds are not expected to

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
you cant compare 1st and 3rd cause 1sts are drafted to start most of the time 3rds are not expected to

It depends on the position and Grasu was the 2nd ranked center in the draft according to most. He has a very good chance to start.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
It depends on the position and Grasu was the 2nd ranked center in the draft according to most. He has a very good chance to start.
he has a chance but more than likely will back up Montgomery since he has experience in the nfl and with gase

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
he has a chance but more than likely will back up Montgomery since he has experience in the nfl and with gase

I see Grasu starting, but they're both an upgrade over Garza.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I see Grasu starting, but they're both an upgrade over Garza.
I would love to see grasu starting but I don't see it with Montgomery here if he gets hurt then its his to lose

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess it depends on his development, with Grasu. If camp goes well, and he plays better he starts. Luckily we have two really good centers (I think). If they are about the same, probably Monty with Grasu learning, but if Grasu is hot out of the gate, playing insanely well, they'll start him. Gun to my head? I think they go with Grasu. They seem to be on a youth kick, with veterans for gaps, holes, depth, and to teach the kids.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Grasu has to start and develop. The Bears aren't going anywhere next year anyways. Develop young players so that the Bears can compete in2016 or 2017. Let's face it. This team needs more players. Think of next season as extended training camp.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Grasu would certainly benefit from having time to add muscle, but he has the smarts to play immediately. If he is on the bench, he is still quality backup.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Shocker, despbro with yet another drive by posting that contributes nothing to the discussion....:smh:

Anyways... if Grasu isn't the starter I'd be shocked. Thankfully Garza set the bar pretty low for him so it should be relatively easy for him to make a good impression.

why do you even care? why does everything have to be a pissing contest here?

I think the O-line has a good shot at solidifying more than it was last year at least. hell wasn't built in a day, I think Bushrod can survive one more year and someone is at least passable on the right side until they address it next year. if they can stay healthier than last year that's one step in the right direction.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Bushrod, Slauson, Grasu, Mont, Long

BOOM! Before you say it, Montgomery has played G, and played it well. Long is athletic and determined enough to play T, and this is a step to getting him to LT and puts our 5 best lineman on the field.

IMO, the weakest part of Long's game is run blocking and that is important for RT. The only chance of moving him would be to LT, but I don't think that will ever happen. I can't seem to understand why half the people on the board want to move him anyway, he is a really solid G that you wont have to worry about for the next 7-8 years.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Interior OL certainly are much of the time....not sure what your talking about.

And he was at the top of the third to boot.

Maybe this is the way people thought in the 1920s, you know when no one held on the Oline and ND was an elite football program and not a basketball and soccer school.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO, the weakest part of Long's game is run blocking and that is important for RT. The only chance of moving him would be to LT, but I don't think that will ever happen. I can't seem to understand why half the people on the board want to move him anyway, he is a really solid G that you wont have to worry about for the next 7-8 years.
He's still young and improving in all aspects. RG should be more of a run force than RT where you need better feet which Long has. I don't really care where these guys or who play plays as long as the coaches get the best 5 at their positions out there without ignoring some projection on the future.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Grasu starts after week 3. First 3 weeks are brutal and He still needs to get stronger. He has the smarts and athletic ability for it but I just think they may ease him in, thats just my opinion though and if he truly won the starting job out of TC then good.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
In addition to playing QB, Long will really coach up a Grasu since he's an Oregon alum. With Garza gone, this is a good opportunity for new leadership on the line. Kyle's the guy and everyone knows it.