Do you like John Fox as the Bears Head Coach?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm following other great posters on this forum, and directing more 'Bear talk'.

Do you like John Fox? I personally love the hire and find him to be a very good head coach in the league.

Discuss.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Smartest and safest hire at the time.

Have to feel confident going forward after he surrounded himself with some solid coordinators who were HC candidates. Also interested to see what Fox/Gase will get out of basically the same offensive unit as 2014.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Generally, yes. I think John Fox will get us back to at least a 12-4 record within two years. What I'm unsure about is whether he can win us a Super Bowl.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm following other great posters on this forum, and directing more 'Bear talk'.

Do you like John Fox? I personally love the hire and find him to be a very good head coach in the league.

Discuss.

Is this the original thought? Or the one after research?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Generally, yes. I think John Fox will get us back to at least a 12-4 record within two years. What I'm unsure about is whether he can win us a Super Bowl.
I see no reason why he can't.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I like Fox because of his ability to assemble strong staffs. He did not disappoint. Will I like him in 2-3 years if we are still losing? No.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Discuss.

He was my first choice but then I started reading about his mediocrity and now he's my meh choice.

Do your research:

I was really pulling for Fox less as I read about the guy - Omelet thinks he's gonna be a kinda okay coach.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
if he can get to a super bowl with delhomme, he can make the playoffs with Cutler. once he's in the playoffs, anything can happen. the 2003 super bowl roster he had was nothing special and he was a field goal away from the Lombardi.

Pace still needs to give him a stronger OL and more defensive ammunition, though. the league is different and this division is one of the toughest in football. I also worry that 12 years later, time has passed him by. Chicago may have also broken Cutler to a point beyond a salvageable product.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
He was my first choice but then I started reading about his mediocrity and now he's my meh choice.

Do your research:

I was really pulling for Fox less as I read about the guy - Omelet thinks he's gonna be a kinda okay coach.
Not fratty enough.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
We should just put this forum in cold storage until the first pre-season game!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
if he can get to a super bowl with delhomme, he can make the playoffs with Cutler. once he's in the playoffs, anything can happen. the 2003 super bowl roster he had was nothing special and he was a field goal away from the Lombardi.

Pace still needs to give him a stronger OL and more defensive ammunition, though. the league is different and this division is one of the toughest in football. I also worry that 12 years later, time has passed him by. Chicago may have also broken Cutler to a point beyond a salvageable product.

I'd make that case sometimes, but there is no real denying the league has changed from a decade ago. 2004 and 2014 weren't the same in eras of football because of the open offensive air attack. Teams can get to the playoffs and win games with the dual rushing attack and that style, but I think you need a QB to do much more in this open passing league, especially in the playoffs.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'd make that case sometimes, but there is no real denying the league has changed from a decade ago. 2004 and 2014 weren't the same in eras of football because of the open offensive air attack. Teams can get to the playoffs and win games with the dual rushing attack and that style, but I think you need a QB to do much more in this open passing league, especially in the playoffs.

The past few SB winners have shown that you need a QB to limit his mistakes and be good enough to capitalize on opposing D's sleepy times.

Which is not the current starter of the Bears

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

Discuss.

I was singing his praises and being called names the whole time before we hired him as soon as I heard he was fired from Denver I was prayin we would get him

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
The past few SB winners have shown that you need a QB to limit his mistakes and be good enough to capitalize on opposing D's sleepy times.

Which is not the current starter of the Bears

is Kyle Orton still available?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
He was without a doubt my first choice, Kubiak was my 1A

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

Discuss.

Also I apprec the gesture and callin me a great poster I suppose you all have taken notice of how ive really brought it with the serious football talk threads lately I just hope you all remember this next year when the voting starts for mvp and the hof

55966-Supernatural-thank-you-gif-dg3W.gif