Bears: Projected Starters

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Houston is a better olb than Allen and will be starting if healthy

Allen will play alot in nickel packages but not in the base defense

Have a hard time seeing vereen as a starting safety, he looked small and slow to react. ..his best position actually was nickel corner

Ilb still had a lot to sort out and theoretically Bostic should be freed up to make more plays but he looks like he has zero football insticts, give me jones and fOster in the base with Bostic jones in the nickel

To say that this team will win games with defense is laughable. We will be better but not to the point that the only way to win is that side of the ball playing well. It also assumes the offense will be bad, and while cutler is who he is the bears are just two years removed from the #2 scoring team in the nfl and no employ the oc of the #1 scoring offense in the nfl last 2 years.

I see a middle of the road, balanced team (16th ish on both sides of the ball) who has little room for error, needs one more year of drafts for real depth but if injury free and some breaks could have a winning season.

Pretty much how I see it too, although that Houston/Allen combo at OLB scares the shit out of me. Could be anything from good to terrible.

Nick80

Didn't Houston leave the Raiders because he felt he was a better 4-3 end than a 3-4OLB?

Seems like we have at least two players who don't fit the up coming change in scheme and philosophy.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Didn't Houston leave the Raiders because he felt he was a better 4-3 end than a 3-4OLB?

Seems like we have at least two players who don't fit the up coming change in scheme and philosophy.

No. He left the Raiders because everyone leaves the Raiders.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I think you guys are underestimating the effects of good coaching on a team. This coaching staff is a hall-of-famer when compared to the Trestman-Tucker debacle.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's more of a generalisation rather than an answer, so either try again or don't quote my posts with completely shit answers. Thanks.

Actually I think his answer was pretty accurate. The Raiders wanted him back but he was like Fuuuuccccckkkk dat.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
For a starting lineup that is missing Willie Young, Lamar Houston, and Christian Jones...that is not too shabby. I dont think Vereen starts and there shpuld be some good competition for RT, ILB, and nickel CB. I am starting to gain a bit of optimism as we are 2-3 players away from having average to above average players at each position.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bet you Cutler plays well enough this year that people gloss over the inevitable eggs he will lay and the boners come roaring back.

Probably.

The realists will not fall for it and will continue to look past Cutler regardless if what good games he strings together, before regressing to his mediocre mean.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I swear, we must have the most pessamistic, cynical, and whiney fans in all of the NFL. The season hasn't started yet, and yet people are already deeming this defense to be horrible. I, for one, will watch the games and cheer on my Bears while they go on a run for the postseason.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I swear, we must have the most pessamistic, cynical, and whiney fans in all of the NFL. The season hasn't started yet, and yet people are already deeming this defense to be horrible. I, for one, will watch the games and cheer on my Bears while they go on a run for the postseason.

Pretty much.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Please, after tOSU lost that game to MSU 2 yrs ago people were talking about how UM was overrated and the program was doomed to being mediocre in a mediocre league, etc. etc.

tOSU fans are 20 times as critical and prone to whining as anyone....and I count myself in that analysis. Listen to Bama fans whine about the offense right now and lack of qbacking.

Bears fans have a reason to be cynical and to not assume the best. Have you seen this franchise lately?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
If we can stay virtually injury free this team could possibly compete for a WC. However, if we have 1-2 key injuries we could contend for a top 10 pick again. That is not a position you want to be in.

I don't think ILB will be as weak as many predict. Mason Foster will be an above average performer and I'll be stunned if either Jones, Shea, or Bostic can't be at least average. Fangio is one of the few coaches in this league who actually makes a difference on a teams performance.

Nick80

What a pile of steaming shit. Everyone gets their bollocks in a twist before the TCs start, then the reports come out, people get even more excited and then the shit hits the fan in the heat of things and everyone throws their toys out their prams.

:)

Nick80

Actually I think his answer was pretty accurate. The Raiders wanted him back but he was like Fuuuuccccckkkk dat.

I'd rather play for the Raiders than some teams. One thing that's always been known about that organisation, still to this day, they look after their own. Al Davis in his latter years may have lost the plot, but those who were commited got looked after in later life by the org as a whole.

Emery got duped, Houston was dogshit and I can only really remember one poster on this board #calledit

Water under the overpass now I guess.

:)

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
camp is still a ways away but i see ratliff being the NT and jenkins or ego at DE, houston over allen and mundy over vereen and montgomery over grasu.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I swear, we must have the most pessamistic, cynical, and whiney fans in all of the NFL.

Yup. Trolls don't even need to bother coming to this board. Nobody's harder on the Bears than their own "fans".

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Houston is a better olb than Allen and will be starting if healthy

How do you know this? Allen has never played there before and Houston is garbage. Allen has been a thousand times the player Houston could ever dream of being, especially from a pass rushing perspective, so I wouldn't assume Houston is better at ANY position until I'd seen them both play there to compare.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
camp is still a ways away but i see ratliff being the NT and jenkins or ego at DE, houston over allen and mundy over vereen and montgomery over grasu.
Really can't see Grasu not starting.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's more of a generalisation rather than an answer, so either try again or don't quote my posts with completely shit answers. Thanks.

$$$$$

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
How do you know this? Allen has never played there before and Houston is garbage. Allen has been a thousand times the player Houston could ever dream of being, especially from a pass rushing perspective, so I wouldn't assume Houston is better at ANY position until I'd seen them both play there to compare.

Houston wasn't signed and never was considered even an above average pass rusher.

I don't even know where to begin.....Houston played better than Allen last yr, period. He was nasty and disruptive on many snaps and Allen was just a total miss as a FA.

That DOESN'T mean I was satisfied with either's play, but Allen was an unmitigated disaster as a starter last yr.