Was Marc Trestman that bad

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of the biggest reasons why Trestman failed was the player revolt after they fired Lovie. Trestman was never able to get the veterans to come on board. I said early on that the only way that he could have succeeded was to jettison Briggs and company right away(before last year) when they started their crap. He also should have fired Tucker after it was clear that his defense was not working with the players that he had.

Personally, I think that the Head Coach needs to be a lot more of a prick or at least be more feared than Trestman was. He was too much of a nice guy in my opinion and it burned him because of it. I hate what that team did after Lovie got fired.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Defense was crap with him and Tucker but his system without Jay Cutler did pretty good once they put a different QB in Josh McCown he had almost record breaking numbers. Why couldn't Trestman do that with Cutler who is light-years beyond McCown?

He lost the team when he started trying to "grow the man".
penile-pump-24.jpg

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's almost as if he didn't trust the guy who lead the league in turnovers.
Great point. Oh wait, no it's not because he ignored the run game and put the ball in Jays hands 80 times per game. Terrible terrible point.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Except when he starts full time. Then he leads tampa to the promise land; number 1 draft pick
Misdirection. Most players do better in certain systems. McCown would have done well staying in Chicago with Trestman. He chose the payday and the expected return to the mean. Good for him. The Bears should have been smarter and paid the right QB.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Misdirection. Most players do better in certain systems. McCown would have done well staying in Chicago with Trestman. He chose the payday and the expected return to the mean. Good for him. The Bears should have been smarter and paid the right QB.

Not really. Plenty of players have done well for a stint of time only to flop later. Mccown has been a failure everywhere he has been.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Can't wait til despnerdalphabro saunters into this thread. Will be a treat

a complete nerd dork who couldn't demand control of a locker room full of football players.

Yeah, he was fucking awful.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You know, it just hit me now how he would be the worst option for Brady at QB. Good thing he didn't go there, Brady wouldn't be a fan of Trestman trying to grow the football

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I've never in my life see a team quit so fast and so obvious on a coach.

Watching the packers game nationally was a low point as a Bear fan and when the Crypt Keeper himself, Cris Collinsworth, is calling out the team saying this is embarrassing then you know shit ain't ride.

All comes back to the head coach.

When you saw Marc Trestman, did you really see a Chicago Bears head coach?! Fuck no. Dude didn't fit the mold of chicago.

I remember a great interview with a sports writer for AZ saying how bad Arians wanted the job and when they did a meet and greet with NFL head coaches he saw Arians with a big engaging personality who fit the mold of chicago. Then, you had Trestman who, well..

Nerd.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
According to Pheel Seems, Aaron Rodgers prefers his footballs grown.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not really. Plenty of players have done well for a stint of time only to flop later. Mccown has been a failure everywhere he has been.
Strawman. McCown was not a failure in Chicago. That's what matters in the discussion.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Everyone was Peter Principled. Emery was a head scout in a GM's body, Trestman an OC in a HC's body and Tucker an overmatched Pee Wee coach in a DC's body.

Now with Fox, Gase, and Fangio that is know to not be true and hopefully Pace is up to the task.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Defense was crap with him and Tucker but his system without Jay Cutler did pretty good once they put a different QB in Josh McCown he had almost record breaking numbers. Why couldn't Trestman do that with Cutler who is light-years beyond McCown?

cuz....jay doesn't have the brain of a avg. NFL Qb

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
he speaks highly of everyone, until he tells them to go fuck themselves... thats if hes still speaking to them at all.

lol yeah damn that Vanderbilt grad telling time and turner they suck. Where they at now btw?

Martz and Cutler didn't need to get along, they worked well in season 2. Which makes me even more pissed they fucked over mike because lovie was a shit head coach.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
lol yeah damn that Vanderbilt grad telling time and turner they suck. Where they at now btw?

Martz and Cutler didn't need to get along, they worked well in season 2. Which makes me even more pissed they fucked over mike because lovie was a shit head coach.

every once in a while you come across someone sooo stupid that its a wonder that they can through a day without accidentally offing themselves...