How would you get Patrick Kane going?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
This was Kane's best season.

2009-2010 would disagree with that statement. At least statistically. Kane was playing phenomenal hockey this season, and doing it with on over-the-hill Richards....and fucking Versteeg. I imagine that only would have improved playing with Toews/Saad. ;)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He was statitically on pace for a better year than 2010 for the most part of this year. He was also leading the league in pts upon his injury

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
No doubt Kane was playing the best hockey of his career. Which is why he had his second highest PPG in a season, playing with Richards and Versteeg... ;)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No doubt Kane was playing the best hockey of his career. Which is why he had his second highest PPG in a season, playing with Richards and Versteeg... ;)

Versteeg is like Diet Patrick Kane.... he looks very similar but he is void of the sugary goodness and leaves you with a weird bitter aftertaste.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now as far as actual suggestions go, you have to wonder if Bickell's late turnover will get him sent to the bench for the next game. I just wonder how that affects the rest of the lineup. You're not breaking up the Vermette line, IMO, so what do you do?

I'm drawing a blank at which LW and C you pair with Kane without affecting the other lines too much.

I can't bum rap Bickell too much. He was really hitting in the 6th game. In one play he literally ran over a Duck and also put a couple of other Ducks hard into the boards.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I can't bum rap Bickell too much. He was really hitting in the 6th game. In one play he literally ran over a Duck and also put a couple of other Ducks hard into the boards.

Well that post of mine was before Game 6, the first time I've seen Bickell do anything this series.

TCD

Liked Posts:
That was Bickells best game of the series by far. Perhaps playoffs. That same smart intensity needs to be there for game 7. Then he can dominate one of those two soft Eastern teams.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bickell's mainly just been parked in front of the net so I can get why some say Kane is best with actual people who drive up the possession an don't play like it's a PP during 5on5. He's got a couple factors into goals from that this series already, including both Hossa goals, they were factored in by Bicks screening Andersen

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Bickell's mainly just been parked in front of the net so I can get why some say Kane is best with actual people who drive up the possession an don't play like it's a PP during 5on5. He's got a couple factors into goals from that this series already, including both Hossa goals, they were factored in by Bicks screening Andersen

I also saw him go up and down the ice an entire shift without falling down. So there's that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well that post of mine was before Game 6, the first time I've seen Bickell do anything this series.

Yeah. I missed the timing of the post. But Bickell is needed against the Ducks evening the score hitting wise. Another guy who played very well physically was Shaw who had a great game six.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. I missed the timing of the post. But Bickell is needed against the Ducks evening the score hitting wise. Another guy who played very well physically was Shaw who had a great game six.

Bickell is really helping evening up the hits alright. Hawks are just behind the ducks in hits at 266-176.