2015 NBA Finals Thread (Golden State Warriors vs Cleveland Cavs)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
nba-finals-award.jpg

150527090246-15finals-desktop-header--warriorscavs.jpg

Schedule
Game 1: - Thu. June 4, Cleveland at Golden State, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 2: Sun. June 7, Cleveland at Golden State, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 3: Tue. June 9, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 4: Thu. June 11, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 5 *: Sun, June 14, Cleveland at Golden State, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 6 *: Tue, June 16, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ETM, ABC
Game 7 *: Fri, June 19, Cleveland at Golden State, 9 p.m. ET, ABC

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Schedule kinda sucks for me because I have stuff going on the first several games. Here's to hopefully a Warriors sweep, but who knows that craziness the Cavs will bring.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Schedule kinda sucks for me because I have stuff going on the first several games. Here's to hopefully a Warriors sweep, but who knows that craziness the Cavs will bring.
Schedule is actually ideal for me as I have nothing going on.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Schedule is actually ideal for me as I have nothing going on.
I'm only guaranteed to be free on the Tuesday and Friday games :(

I have a summer league I'm in that plays on Thursdays and I have stuff on Sunday nights as well. Darn you schedule! :fist:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm only guaranteed to be free on the Tuesday and Friday games :(

I have a summer league I'm in that plays on Thursdays and I have stuff on Sunday nights as well. Darn you schedule! :fist:

Wow they actually scheduled a Game 7 on a Friday, thats the only Friday game, I'll miss that game if it happens.

Friday and Saturdays are games I'd miss. I don't too much week nights outside of my home.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow they actually scheduled a Game 7 on a Friday, thats the only Friday game, I'll miss that game if it happens.

Friday and Saturdays are games I'd miss. I don't too much week nights outside of my home.
lol if they just shifted everything forward one day I could probably watch all the games

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My favorite part is when you put the two teams playing in parentheses.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol if they just shifted everything forward one day I could probably watch all the games
Well, I don't know when they started this, but when they shifted to the Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday format, I'm guessing it was because their demographics showed less people watching on Friday and Saturdays.

You look at the last Bulls Finals in 98 for example schedule was Wednesday-Friday-Sunday-Wednesday-Friday-Sunday.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Added a poll.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Cavs are 12-2 so far these playoffs. If not for a miracle bank shot at the end of Game 3 in the semi's, this team possibly beats the Bulls in 5. Kevin Love has only played four games, everything on Kyrie is seemingly broken so he sits out two games in the conference finals, and this team still sweeps the 60-win Atlanta Hawks. Talent trumps everything in the NBA playoffs, and as long as the best player on the planet is walking upright the Cavs have a chance.

Cleveland in 7.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Cavs are 12-2 so far these playoffs. If not for a miracle bank shot at the end of Game 3 in the semi's, this team possibly beats the Bulls in 5. Kevin Love has only played four games, everything on Kyrie is seemingly broken so he sits out two games in the conference finals, and this team still sweeps the 60-win Atlanta Hawks. Talent trumps everything in the NBA playoffs, and as long as the best player on the planet is walking upright the Cavs have a chance.

Cleveland in 7.

Talent trumps everything and I'd argue collectively Golden State has more talent and they have a Superstar of their own.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gus you also have to remember the greatest player on the planet lost 4-1 in the Finals last year to a well rounded San Antonio Spurs team.

And needed a Ray Allen miracle three pointer the year before to beat that same Spurs team.

And lost to The Dallas Mavericks one superstar and great role players in 2011.

And lost to the Spurs again when he dragged an awful Cavs team to the Finals in 2007.

But props to him and his other two Superstars for beating the young and upcoming Oklahoma City Thunder in 2012.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm taking the Warriors in 6. I think between Green, Barnes, Iggy, and Klay the Warrios have enough defensively to throw at LeBron so they won't have to double team him. Curry should be able to torch Irving or Dellevadova and I just like the Warriors roster better. Cleveland does have the best player on the planet so if James goes all King James this series could turn any and all predictions on their head but I'm leaning GS right now.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm taking the Warriors in 6. I think between Green, Barnes, Iggy, and Klay the Warrios have enough defensively to throw at LeBron so they won't have to double team him. Curry should be able to torch Irving or Dellevadova and I just like the Warriors roster better. Cleveland does have the best player on the planet so if James goes all King James this series could turn any and all predictions on their head but I'm leaning GS right now.
I'd like to think that the Warriors have enough perimeter D as well to stop the 3 point shooting of the Cavs and force it all on LeBron. LeBron could score 50 ppg, but if the rest of his team is shut down they're not going to win games.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
After AS break when the Warriors were continuing to roll, I thought the Warriors would win it all fairly easily. This hasn't just been the best team in the NBA this season, this has been one of the greatest ever and the numbers back that up. Originally I said Warriors in 5 no matter who they played out of the east but after seeing every one of Clevelands role players play at a high level consistently I gave them another game. Warriors in 6.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Warriors in 6, but I'm kinda thinking they can do it in 5. The only reason why I'm saying 6 right now is because GS has no experience in the Finals, so I think there will be some "rookie" mistakes. At the end of the day though, GS is a much better TEAM than CLE. Idc if the Cavs have LBJ. As Scoot pointed out, a LBJ led team has lost in the finals 3 times. The two times he won, he had a much better supporting cast than he has now. If Kyrie was 100% and they had Love, it would be a different story.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Cleveland in 7.

Cavs got the Celtics who, let's face it, were the least talented team in the playoffs. If not for a miracle fade away in game 4, and an allowed travel the previous play to give them the lead, Cavs could have been down 3-1 in the semis. They also faced us with Rose & Noah playing through injury, and Pau injured the entire time. They faced the Hawks with an injured Milsap & Carrol (their best perimeter defender), & no Kyle Korver for the last two games. The Cavs, while having their own injury woes, still had quite a bit of luck to get that 12-2 record.

They are facing a fully healthy Warriors team which had the best offense and the best defense in the NBA this season. They are facing 2 bonafide stars, with an extremely deep, and talented veteran bench. I think their luck has all but run out to this point. I picked Warriors in 5 because I'm certain that Lebron will have at least one truly monster performance that nets a W. He might be able to have two but I don't see any conceivable way that the Cavs can win 4 out of 7 against the most talented team in the NBA.

As you said, talent trumps everything in the NBA playoffs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Warriors in 6, but I'm kinda thinking they can do it in 5. The only reason why I'm saying 6 right now is because GS has no experience in the Finals, so I think there will be some "rookie" mistakes. At the end of the day though, GS is a much better TEAM than CLE. Idc if the Cavs have LBJ. As Scoot pointed out, a LBJ led team has lost in the finals 3 times. The two times he won, he had a much better supporting cast than he has now. If Kyrie was 100% and they had Love, it would be a different story.
From what I've seen, seems like the Cavs team defense is leagues better without Irving and Love. So while they may have simply scored their way into the NBA Finals with Irving and Love, GSW would be able to match anything they have still. I said it before the playoffs in which I figured it'd be GSW vs Cavs, but GSW would win simply because they have great O to match anything Cleveland does and great D to slow down Cleveland.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Numbers wise, GS is the complete package. They have 4 bodies to rotate on Lebron. Several playmakers and a legit superstar who can drill a 3 over anyone in the league. It'd be a sham if they didn't win.

But just wait...Cavs in 4