Bulls Fire Head Coach Tom Thibodeau

Mitchapalooza

Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell 2m2 minutes ago
Bulls announce they have fired head coach Tom Thibodeau.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, KC Johnson said it would happen by Friday. Glad they just went ahead and did it.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
About time. Hopefully we get a coach that will play the the entire roster and hold the player's far more accountable for their actions on the court. Also teach them common sense basketball, you know "coach them up". He will be fine and so will the bulls.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Sad to see him go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now, here comes the replacement rumors.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I liked Thibs a lot, but I think this was the right thing to do. I just wish he would've hired an offensive mind as an assistant. The Bulls looked lost at times on the offensive end

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
:pray: Here's to hoping the make a good hire. A lot to live up to.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:deer:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Too bad they couldn't get any compensation for him
The fact they didnt want him and Thibs wanted to stay pretty much said no compensation was going to happen.

Thibs will get paid $9 million to do nothing if he so chooses...he could still be hired by the Pelicans though and the Bulls would only be on the hook for the difference in salary if any.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
So I wonder if we stand pat roster wise and just try it all over again with a new coach, or if we just blow it all up

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I liked Thibs a lot, but I think this was the right thing to do. I just wish he would've hired an offensive mind as an assistant. The Bulls looked lost at times on the offensive end

I heard they suggested to Thibs to hire an offensive minded assistant coach but he was too stubborn and thought he could do the job better himself.