Bulls expected to hire Hoiberg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, the way GarPax went about this is dirty, but anyone would do the same in their position. They don't want to get worse than Thibs, and wanted someone knew but needed assurances. Their lives are at risk. They finally could get Hoiberg who is a very good basketball coach and players coach. My fear is the problem with Thibs is overconditioning ignoring minutes and driving players to the ground like a ... a "college coach." So we go college route and none of it matters as much as keeping Jimmy Butler or not and ain't that the truth. In other news, will Wade take $16,000,000 or is it personal with Riley? If he did walk away and Butler crossed us, it would be solid but still sore consolation to finally get Wade here. If he can't compliment Rose, maybe he can at least teach him some ways of a champion before he retires, maybe even hand over the reigns and ride him to one by teaching him good decision making on and off the basketball court.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If it were 2007, I'd offer a deal to Wade.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
wow im shocked

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yay all offense and no defense! LET'S SCORE SOME POINTS FOR ONCE!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yay all offense and no defense! LET'S SCORE SOME POINTS FOR ONCE!

cheering_minions.gif

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Have you guys seen how incredulous the national media and non-Bulls fans are that Thibs got fired?

What do you attribute that to? Them looking at regular season win-loss only? A lack of close follow of the Bulls?

Hey look, I get how a fan might be mad that Thibs got canned, but the guy was far from untouchable. They're acting like he's Greg fucking Popovich.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have you guys seen how incredulous the national media and non-Bulls fans are that Thibs got fired?

What do you attribute that to? Them looking at regular season win-loss only? A lack of close follow of the Bulls?

Hey look, I get how a fan might be mad that Thibs got canned, but the guy was far from untouchable. They're acting like he's Greg fucking Popovich.

I think that it wasn't so much that they fired him but rather the shitty things that they said about him both in the Reinsdork epistle and that fucked up press conference. No class on the Bulls part. Don't be surprised if we don't see a players revolt before this is all over. The Bulls player feel betrayed I believe because of Paxson's implication that the players exit interviews influenced their decision. I do not believe that for a second. We all know that they had their stupid minds made up over a year ago.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

The regular season wins is a big thing.. Also a lot of it is driven by listening to Jeff Van Gundy.

However national articles written by Kelly Dwyer (Ball Don't Lie) and Grantland have both pointed out Thibs major flaws.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with Hoiberg. He better put a damn good coaching staff together though. I hope he does the smart thing and keeps Adrian Griffin on staff. I wouldn't mind if they hired Monty Williams as associate head coach either.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think that it wasn't so much that they fired him but rather the shitty things that they said about him both in the Reinsdork epistle and that fucked up press conference. No class on the Bulls part. Don't be surprised if we don't see a players revolt before this is all over. The Bulls player feel betrayed I believe because of Paxson's implication that the players exit interviews influenced their decision. I do not believe that for a second. We all know that they had their stupid minds made up over a year ago.

Keep this fresh in your minds people. When General Hinrich leads his troops into battle against that evil despot John Paxson, it will be a battle for the soul of the NBA.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We weren't going anywhere with thibs maybe a new approach is just what is needed. That and Lebron retiring early lol

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Welp, GarPax got their guy. This better have been worth the classless attitude the Bulls Front Office been pulling the last few years.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
the deal is worth 5/25m

According to a source, Iowa State’s Fred Hoiberg already has a deal in place to become the Bulls’ next head coach. The parameters of the deal were discussed while Thibodeau was still employed by the Bulls.

Hoiberg’s deal is believed to be in the $25 million range over five years. Hoiberg, who recently needed a second heart surgery, is merely waiting to be cleared by doctors before officially accepting the job.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I can't wait to watch the first NBA coach die on the sidelines due to a heart attack.