Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
THEY MURDERED MY WIFE AND STOLE MY SON.... THEY WILL FUCKING PAY! :mad:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please no spoilers. But any initial impressions?

I dont think I will be playing this for a few months. Already backed up as it is.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I only played a couple hours yesterday, but thus far I am enjoying it.

You actually have conversations as your character.... there is a building element to this game, though I have not gotten deep into it..... you actually get to build up your own settlement and whatnot.

My only gripe is that they changed up the VATS control buttons and made critical shots be something you choose to do in VATS rather than being natural, I will get used to it but it is throwing me off. They also tweaked the controls in the PIPboy.... R used to repair something, now it drops something lol so watch out for that.

Last gripe.... convo controls are your arrow keys.... rather than the awsd you are already using to move around.... so I gotta switch hands for conversations.

Graphics and effects are awesome.... mole rats fucking burrow up from underneath you now.... Ghouls seem more dangerous in this game... I find myself getting jumped by 5-10 of them and I have to shoot out their legs to keep them off me.

Also Dog animations in fights are much cooler.... Dog will fucking get a hold of a Ghoul and drag it to the ground or lock on to a mole rat's neck and snap it.

I also like the change to power armor.... it is no longer just a heavier set of armor that gives better protection..... it works like an exoskeleton that you slap power armor pieces on to.

I have not progressed far in the story, but it is different enough and interesting enough that I cannot complain. Though I will say it feels alot like the New Vegas story template in the beginning.... kind of a vague "Someone wronged you, go find them!" and alot of "Go check this place out" missions.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
I only played a couple hours yesterday, but thus far I am enjoying it.

You actually have conversations as your character.... there is a building element to this game, though I have not gotten deep into it..... you actually get to build up your own settlement and whatnot.

My only gripe is that they changed up the VATS control buttons and made critical shots be something you choose to do in VATS rather than being natural, I will get used to it but it is throwing me off. They also tweaked the controls in the PIPboy.... R used to repair something, now it drops something lol so watch out for that.

Last gripe.... convo controls are your arrow keys.... rather than the awsd you are already using to move around.... so I gotta switch hands for conversations.

Graphics and effects are awesome.... mole rats fucking burrow up from underneath you now.... Ghouls seem more dangerous in this game... I find myself getting jumped by 5-10 of them and I have to shoot out their legs to keep them off me.

Also Dog animations in fights are much cooler.... Dog will fucking get a hold of a Ghoul and drag it to the ground or lock on to a mole rat's neck and snap it.

I also like the change to power armor.... it is no longer just a heavier set of armor that gives better protection..... it works like an exoskeleton that you slap power armor pieces on to.

I have not progressed far in the story, but it is different enough and interesting enough that I cannot complain. Though I will say it feels alot like the New Vegas story template in the beginning.... kind of a vague "Someone wronged you, go find them!" and alot of "Go check this place out" missions.

0jw7OML.gif%5D

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

I dont think I will be playing this for a few months. Already backed up as it is.

I have not played enough yet to give a fair review, but my immediate impression is that I like the game very much, but not as much as Fallout 3 (which was my favorite game of all time). But, like I said, I'm very early in the game, so my opinion can change. So far, it seems like the game has been dumbed down a lot from FO3. The perk system and dialogue in particular stands out. E.g., in FO3, you had a multitude of options in dialogue, including unique options if your intelligence and charisma were high. But in FO4, there's a dialogue wheel with only four options: "Yes," "No," "Sarcastic," and "Question." It's like the dialogue wheel they use in Mass Effect.

Also, if you don't plan on playing soon, that may be a good thing. I haven't experienced any problems, but there are a lot of people complaining about bugs and glitches. Not surprising, given Bethesda's history.

Also, this is the reason why I love PC games... awesome mods. Here is a "Big Papi" mod where you can play as David Ortiz (the game takes place in Boston) and kill people with a spiked bat:

[video=youtube;jq3EKv-HNR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3EKv-HNR8[/video]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I probably won't be buying it for a few months. I just have no time to even play games.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How's it guys?

I took vacation time to play it. Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games of all time, it's better than fallput 3. I've got about 30 hours in the game and can't quit playing it :(

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know how to build settlement walls without them being fucking Special person? The wall pieces don't seem to link together like other stuff such as stairs.

I Special person-walled my Sanctuary Hills settlement and then it got attacked by Super Mutant fucktards.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Does anyone know how to build settlement walls without them being fucking Special person? The wall pieces don't seem to link together like other stuff such as stairs.

I Special person-walled my Sanctuary Hills settlement and then it got attacked by Super Mutant fucktards.

They snapped together perfectly when I tried it. I just lined them up together and they snapped into place. I used the metal walls. I didn't think I'd get into this feature of the game b/c I've never liked building/crafting elements in games, but I'm surprisingly into this.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They snapped together perfectly when I tried it. I just lined them up together and they snapped into place. I used the metal walls. I didn't think I'd get into this feature of the game b/c I've never liked building/crafting elements in games, but I'm surprisingly into this.

I was building the big junk wall panels.... from what I've found online there is no way to snap those together...

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I hate how everything you build looks like a Special person child just glued shit together. I get it, the world blew up, but if I'm building a wall from scratch I'm not leaving gaps big enough for a dog to stroll through all over the place.

Also this game needs mods asap.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hmmm, I've been able to snap almost everything together, both wood and metal. Are you building foundations first? To build a foundation, go under Structures>Wood>Floors>Foundation. Once you have a foundation, everything snaps together like Legos.

Check out this massive structure that someone built. I think he built it for the sole purpose of creating one of those electric neon signs. If you have the time, watch it until the end, it's pretty funny. The Phil Collins music is synced perfectly, too.

[video=youtube;bxSw6iDSujg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSw6iDSujg[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hmmm, I've been able to snap almost everything together, both wood and metal. Are you building foundations first? To build a foundation, go under Structures>Wood>Floors>Foundation. Once you have a foundation, everything snaps together like Legos.

Check out this massive structure that someone built. I think he built it for the sole purpose of creating one of those electric neon signs. If you have the time, watch it until the end, it's pretty funny. The Phil Collins music is synced perfectly, too.

[video=youtube;bxSw6iDSujg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSw6iDSujg[/video]

If you build the junk fencing.... that stuff does not snap together.... I started using as much structure wall on my settlement wall as possible since it would snap together. The junk fencing won't snap but it is good for turning the wall or filling oddly sized/shaped spots.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you guys play with Diamond City Radio turned on? That DJ's awkward dialogue is fucking hilarious, and I just walk around with that station on all the time. At first, his dialogue gets repetitive, but it opens up a lot more as you finish more quests. I know some people find him annoying, but I seriously laugh out load at some of his comments. "Was I the only one surprised that Skeeter Davis was a woman? That really doesn't sound like a woman's name. Hey, who are you writing that poem for? SKEETER!"

But just a heads up to everyone who enjoys the DJ: do NOT finish the quest involving him because he then turns into a boring, cookie cutter DJ, not the lovable awkward guy. I wish I had never completed that quest, I think I'm gonna load up an old save just to get awkward DJ back.

[video=youtube;dW9kNie3brY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW9kNie3brY[/video]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Have they put out any big patches for this game yet? I saw a lot of reports of stuff that isn't quite right but for the most part not game breakable. Is it pretty stable?