2015-2016 Blackhawks Off season thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It would be a smart move if they can get him for cheap. He is the type of guy you want out there as your number 5/6 guy. Isn't fast, isn't flashy, took a bad penalty sometimes (a lot of Blues did) but he can clear the net, plays nasty, blocks shots, can help on the PK, and is capable of 15 minutes a night.

Barrett Jackman is fucking awful.

I'd rather have Rundblad... lol

This.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Barrett Jackman is fucking awful.

This.

Jackman is not awful. Pretty sure people are only saying this because he is on the "hated Blues" and because he "hurts Kane's feelings" on the ice. Jackman would be a solid addition to the team as a number 5/6 guy. Wanting Rundblad over Jackman (on the surface, not figuring potential cap hit) is so off base.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's actually based on desiring people who can still skate and not be a stick on the ice that can't continue with the rest of the teams style. The addition of vets like that who don't fit in have constantly failed and for good reason wouldn't be desired over a still young bad player

Ton

Liked Posts:
Jackman is an over-the-hill, worn down player. He can't skate anymore... hes slower than Sopel and Timonen combined. How does that fit this team?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Jackman is not awful. Pretty sure people are only saying this because he is on the "hated Blues" and because he "hurts Kane's feelings" on the ice. Jackman would be a solid addition to the team as a number 5/6 guy. Wanting Rundblad over Jackman (on the surface, not figuring potential cap hit) is so off base.

Jackman doesn't hurt anyone's feelings because he's never close enough to a player to be heard.

I'd rather have neither. But if my choices were Rundblad or Jackman, give me Rundblad all day.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

This is just bizarro.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Flat out...Jackman is a better player than people are giving him credit for. He is a 5/6 type dman and he does his job pretty well out there. He would help this team a lot more than Rundblad would.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Barrett Jackman as The Will to Win! And that's all you need!

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I can't help but think Stan is going to sign the soon to be unsigned 35 year old B. Jackman for a low price to be on the 3rd pairing.

For a cheap contract, I wouldn't mind it. Defensive first kind of guy who is physical on the backend (something I feel we lack at times) and can relieve or top 4 on the PK.

Would have to be cheap though.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
In regards to Rundblad, yeah he's "improving" but not at what I would call a great or very noticeable pace. The biggest issue with Runblad is his defensive positioning. He lacks proper defensive angles and can't just keep it simple. Grant it, he's only 24 and most defensemen start coming into their own around this time, so I'm not saying he's absolutely a bust, but this will be a very make or break year. If I'm Q, he's working with Kitchen on his positioning at some point in the summer.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except the playoffs.

-19 and 60+ PIM in 39 games.

Please stay away. This is not the defenseman we need. Maybe in the "old NHL"...

Use the force Ton. Use the force.

Reactions: Ton

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just got a ping from NHL. We resigned Leighton to a 1-year deal. I'm assuming this is a depth move to ease new netminding faces into Rockford and in case Crawford decides to derp down the stairs at a concert again.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got a ping from NHL. We resigned Leighton to a 1-year deal. I'm assuming this is a depth move to ease new netminding faces into Rockford and in case Crawford decides to derp down the stairs at a concert again.

He was named MVP of the Icehogs last season. The Hawks have no interest having him on the big club.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Leighton is signed for the exact same reason he was last year and it was a good year for him, glad he choose to stick around.

He really was seen as our #3 emergency guy who would come up if an injury occurred, but Darling came and looked great in camp and in Rockford as well, taking over that spot. Unless some random Goalie appears out of nowhere it's likely Leighton #3 starting in Rockford with Mac Carruth being behind him. I'd be a leap of ability taken by Carruth for him to be a guy called up, but because of contract status it may happen instead.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackman would be fine at a low cost. In Q's world he would fit as a 5/6, plus Q has coached him in the past when he won the Calder.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Again, I don't mind Jackman as a 5th/6th. A top pair dman? No thanks.

He'd basically be a Brookbank or a Rozsival. He probably will come cheap as fuck too considering he's looking to get a cup instead of cashing in.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Again, I don't mind Jackman as a 5th/6th. A top pair dman? No thanks.

He'd basically be a Brookbank or a Rozsival. He probably will come cheap as fuck too considering he's looking to get a cup instead of cashing in.

Slow and stupid is no way to make it through the NHL today. At least Timmonen was only slow, and it was awful enough watching him try to play last year.

Reactions: Ton

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then we should have traded Darling for a bounty to a starting spot somewhere and went with Raanta as our back-up. He has always performed well with the Hawks and is an adequate back-up when you have Crawford.

Crawford + Raanta + a bunch of assets we need right now > Crawford + Darling + Haggerty.

I think given the longterm investment and belief in Crawford we should have taken orgazational depth and done something with it. Now we have to hold onto them both and Darling will walk for nothing also.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Raanta didn't always preform well.. he was dropped below Darling for a reason and Darlings contract is far worth holding onto and keeping to help out the team. Raanta currently costs more and would be a UFA after next season. Darling is nearly as cheap as you can get a player for 2 years now.

And it's not a certain fear of losing him. If they think he is wort being a starter after he has gotten more than just 19 NHL games, he may get a contract to stay. With the likelyhood of there being an expansion team draft in 2017-18, you have the rights to hold onto a goalie or two, and the Hawks may be able to sign Darling to a reasonable deal and leave Crow off the list letting a team wanting a proven starter. Or a team takes Darling if Crawford's situation looks good for him still at the time, his contract by then might be out of the top 10 for goalies.