God says,"Pay Russell Wilson!!"

Mitchapalooza

Yes the Bears should trade for another young QB with upside because it would automatically translate into wins over here just because or the Bears should just draft a god damn QB, build around that QB instead of throwing a ton of draft picks to trade for one and keep the whole team running smoothly but your idea works just as well as it has worked here before.
I think he meant via FA not trade. He's a FA next year I believe. If he was on the open market id hope we'd go after him hard. 150m for him seems steep af though. But he is a winner so id get over it pretty quickly. Plus we have a great offensive supporting cast for him. Regardless i dont think we get Wilson.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think he meant via FA not trade. He's a FA next year I believe. If he was on the open market id hope we'd go after him hard. 150m for him seems steep af though. But he is a winner so id get over it pretty quickly. Plus we have a great offensive supporting cast for him. Regardless i dont think we get Wilson.

If he meant F.A then it would make sense but the only way the bears can get Wilson is via trade. The Seahawks aren't going to let him hit F.A without a price and like you said we aren't getting him regardless

JPPT1974

May Day and Spring Fever!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Cincinnati Reds
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Oklahoma City Thunder
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. Washington Capitals
  1. Howard Bison
It makes sense to pay him now. As really hope that they can get a deal done and fast!

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm pretty sure no one is stupid enough to think he will hit free agency next year. BTW The Franchise tag for a QB in 2015 is only 18.544 mil.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm pretty sure no one is stupid enough to think he will hit free agency next year. BTW The Franchise tag for a QB in 2015 is only 18.544 mil.
This!!
My reason for the OP was not to suggest R Wilson has any chance of leaving SEA, it was to point out the idiocy of suggesting God is going to help guide him to his next destination through his agent extorting the most money they can from a team. Russell, just fucking say you want to get paid, don't invoke the will of God, like he gives a shit about your future fortunes.

And he ain't getting $30 M, they can tag him 3 times after next year , keeping him in SEA through 2018/19 for about $19M, 22.8M, and 27.4M. So, he ain't going anywhere and he ain't getting $30M per, so quit spanking to that ideas goofs( you know who you are)

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This!!
My reason for the OP was not to suggest R Wilson has any chance of leaving SEA, it was to point out the idiocy of suggesting God is going to help guide him to his next destination through his agent extorting the most money they can from a team. Russell, just fucking say you want to get paid, don't invoke the will of God, like he gives a shit about your future fortunes.

And he ain't getting $30 M, they can tag him 3 times after next year , keeping him in SEA through 2018/19 for about $19M, 22.8M, and 27.4M. So, he ain't going anywhere and he ain't getting $30M per, so quit spanking to that ideas goofs( you know who you are)

So Sea will get one of the best QB in the league at a bargain price? I don't see that happening...but if they pull it off more power to them.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So Sea will get one of the best QB in the league at a bargain price? I don't see that happening...but if they pull it off more power to them.
It is totally up to SEA, all Wilson could do is pout and refuse to report if they choose to go that route, there is nothing to pull off. I imagine they will get something done to create good will, I personally would love to see Wilson play with another team, or even Seattle with a middle of the league defense. I just don't think he is the type of guy that can carry a team. I really think he is CK kinda good, making plays on short fields, with leads, and freedom to take risks due to the a stellar defense having his back.

I like Wilson's ball security and his playmaking, but he has ranked 28,28,22 in yards/game over his career. He has never needed to or been asked to carry a team. Cold hard fact is he will likely get overpaid, nothing he has done bears out a top 3-5 contract. When Sea d breaks up, which won't be long with the big contracts coming, he will need to answer the call to start putting up top 5 #'s which I don't see happening.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It is totally up to SEA, all Wilson could do is pout and refuse to report if they choose to go that route, there is nothing to pull off. I imagine they will get something done to create good will, I personally would love to see Wilson play with another team, or even Seattle with a middle of the league defense. I just don't think he is the type of guy that can carry a team. I really think he is CK kinda good, making plays on short fields, with leads, and freedom to take risks due to the a stellar defense having his back.

I like Wilson's ball security and his playmaking, but he has ranked 28,28,22 in yards/game over his career. He has never needed to or been asked to carry a team. Cold hard fact is he will likely get overpaid, nothing he has done bears out a top 3-5 contract. When Sea d breaks up, which won't be long with the big contracts coming, he will need to answer the call to start putting up top 5 #'s which I don't see happening.

Except being one of the most efficient passer in the league over that time. And winning a SB.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Except being one of the most efficient passer in the league over that time. And winning a SB.
It is a lot easier to be efficient at passing when it is done less frequently and from a lead, when the run must be honored by lineman and linebackers. And winning a SB, Russell Wilson had 14 passes for 94 yards only 1 going for over 9 yards gained by the time Seattle had put up a 29-0 lead, 16 of those points by D and ST. Again, it's pretty easy to be efficient with a defense giving you short fields and big leads.

It's not as if I am saying Wilson is bad. I think he is top 10 and would like for him to be a Bear, but calling him top 3 or worthy of the top salary in the NFL, that's ignoring his ideal playing circumstances.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This!!

Per Wikipedia:
Extortion (also called shakedown, outwrestling, and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion. I is sometimes euphemistically referred to as a "protection racket" since the racketeers often phrase their demands as payment for "protection" from (real or hypothetical) threats from unspecified other parties. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence is sufficient to commit the offense. Exaction refers not only to extortion or the unlawful demanding and obtaining of something through force,[1] but additionally, in its formal definition, means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or making somebody endure something unpleasant.

giphy.gif

Also based on your franchise logic why would any team make any player the top paid in their respective position? Why wouldn't they just constantly string them along year after year with the franchise tag essentially pissing off the same player they determined is important to the team's overall success???

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It is a lot easier to be efficient at passing when it is done less frequently and from a lead, when the run must be honored by lineman and linebackers.

That definitely plays to Wilson's advantage, he can cripple you with both his legs and his arm. He ran for 850 yards last year. Has a gawdy 7.9 career YPA, and a very low INT ratio.

And winning a SB, Russell Wilson had 14 passes for 94 yards only 1 going for over 9 yards gained by the time Seattle had put up a 29-0 lead, 16 of those points by D and ST. Again, it's pretty easy to be efficient with a defense giving you short fields and big leads.

It's not as if I am saying Wilson is bad. I think he is top 10 and would like for him to be a Bear, but calling him top 3 or worthy of the top salary in the NFL, that's ignoring his ideal playing circumstances.

I don't think anyone is saying that Seattle's D doesn't play into this, but it's Wilson's play that has put that team over the top.

Mitchapalooza

Russell annoys the fuck out of me though. All his commercials and interviews he turns everything into some soft spoken life lesson type shit

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Russell annoys the fuck out of me though. All his commercials and interviews he turns everything into some soft spoken life lesson type shit

The guy is so focused he comes across as a robot. Actually a lot of his teammates joke that he's not human.

Just the way he's wired.

Mitchapalooza

The guy is so focused he comes across as a robot. Actually a lot of his teammates joke that he's not human.

Just the way he's wired.

I mean obviously it works for him but I just watched an interview with him about the superbowl INT at the end of the game and it turned into "you gotta never look back in life, always look forward"

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I mean obviously it works for him but I just watched an interview with him about the superbowl INT at the end of the game and it turned into "you gotta never look back in life, always look forward"

Yeah, everytime he talks he ends up giving you a passionless handful of cliches. It's like a hockey interview, but he comes across as fairly calculated in his responses.

Then again from an organizational stance you have a high degree of confidence that he won't get in trouble with the media. Maybe one of those things that are bad for fans, but good for the team.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That definitely plays to Wilson's advantage, he can cripple you with both his legs and his arm. He ran for 850 yards last year. Has a gawdy 7.9 career YPA, and a very low INT ratio.

I don't think anyone is saying that Seattle's D doesn't play into this, but it's Wilson's play that has put that team over the top.
By run I was referring more to Lynch, but yes his scrambling ability is a distinct advantage he creates.

Seattles D was 26th, 25th and 7th the three years before Wilson arrived, and 1st,1st,1st in his three years as QB in PPG. That equates to giving up more points than the league leader by 154, 175 and 88 in 2009-11 and giving up 28, 10, and 30 points less then the second best team in 2012-14.

And the three seasons prior to his arrival Seattle gave up -1.3 PPG vs league average and gave are+ 7.7 PPG vs league average since his arrival.

Any decent QB is going to look superior to his predecessor, if his defense is +9 PPG better vs league average since his arrival. It's a chicken vs egg arguement that won't be answered until he is made to play with an average D. I just respectfully disagree about his value.

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
By run I was referring more to Lynch, but yes his scrambling ability is a distinct advantage he creates.

Seattles D was 26th, 25th and 7th the three years before Wilson arrived, and 1st,1st,1st in his three years as QB in PPG. That equates to giving up more points than the league leader by 154, 175 and 88 in 2009-11 and giving up 28, 10, and 30 points less then the second best team in 2012-14.

And the three seasons prior to his arrival Seattle gave up -1.3 PPG vs league average and gave are+ 7.7 PPG vs league average since his arrival.

Any decent QB is going to look superior to his predecessor, if his defense is +9 PPG better vs league average since his arrival. It's a chicken vs egg arguement that won't be answered until he is made to play with an average D. I just respectfully disagree about his value.

I'm fully aware of the D stats prior & after Wilson's arrival. That's a good reason why you pay him in big cash, without him you have an average team that might make the playoffs occasionally. See Lovie Smith Bears. With Wilson you have back to back SB appearances/1win and a team that has a core of it's key players locked up through 2018.

The 2 main pieces left are Carpenter and Wilson.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm fully aware of the D stats prior & after Wilson's arrival. That's a good reason why you pay him in big cash, without him you have an average team that might make the playoffs occasionally. See Lovie Smith Bears. With Wilson you have back to back SB appearances/1win and a team that has a core of it's key players locked up through 2018.

The 2 main pieces left are Carpenter and Wilson.
Not sure I understand your conclusion that you pay the, on average, 7th rated passer and 26th ranked yardage producer, big money, #1 overall money, because he gets to play with the #1 defense, seems very myopic, but whatever. Again time will tell.