Intelligent Response Only or don't click on this

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For real.

I really liked the way Hurst and Al Jean-Louis played in a shit show at defense during the end of the season. I think Hurst could start opposite Fuller and Jennings should slowly become an after thought if Ball has a good camp.

Safety looks down right pitiful outside of bringing Rolle over and he's no spring chicken.

The 5th rnd pick, Amos looks interesting, but who knows how good he can be.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys are surprising me.

Some intelligent concerns AND some intelligent comedy

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I clicked it, read it, ripped my dick off then unclicked it.

As painful as that might be, it would pale in comparison to being forced to watch a video clip of the Bears 2014 season.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
personally i think it will be an up and down year for fangio's scheme, think the expectations for fangio are too high...dont forget fangio had 4 out of 7 players with the 49ers in the front 7 who are likely future hof's or close to it.

as for cutler i think it will come down to how he plays this season...I think forte is a goner after this season, just dont see pace giving him the money he's looking for.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a little jaded against mid round safeties by now. Amos could prove me wrong, but his scouting report reads a lot like Chris Conte.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a little jaded against mid round safeties by now. Amos could prove me wrong, but his scouting report reads a lot like Chris Conte.

Yep, remember the Vereen :fap: last offseason. I'll settle for wait and see attitude.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of these seasons the Bears could get lucky on a late rnd draft pick. They've had more than their fair share of bad picks so at some point they could hit on one. :shrug:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, remember the Vereen :fap: last offseason. I'll settle for wait and see attitude.

Yea Vereen didn't show much of anything as a rookie, he's undersized for one thing, who knows if he'll even make the team this year.

JIMMY MAC FAN

Liked Posts:
My main concern with the team is the CBs followed by the depth at Oline. The rest of the team is solid.
Fangio is the real deal, he will turn the defense around to being respectable within the first 5 games.
As far as the QB question; As soon as we get a young QB that is as good or better then Cutler, or even has the potential of being as good as Cutler is now.

CB? They just drafted Fuller in the first round last year and he showed great promise, and the OL is solid. The real problem areas are LB, DE, and S.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
CB? They just drafted Fuller in the first round last year and he showed great promise, and the OL is solid. The real problem areas are LB, DE, and S.[/QUOTE

A lot of times you have 3 CBs on the field at once. So you need 4 solid players, you would like at least 2 be good at least above average. Fuller is our best CB, but last year he had some great games and even more bad games. So, I would say he is average now with potential to be good or very good. I hope he takes the next step, but we our asking him a lot, to cover the #1 receiver. Hopefully he doesn't lose confidence especially the first 3 games this season. Jennings was complete dog shit last year, and this year he is a year older and a year slower. Our next best CB is the guy from Jacksonville, I would only fell good about him if he was our #4.

OLINE is Solid??? Maybe the top 5 guys are Solid and I think they are better the last years top 5, but what about the depth? Lets say Long gets hurt. whoever you put in for you the entire right side of the line will look like crap no matter how much you polish it with the TE or chips.. It will be just like it was before Long got here maybe even worst, Same could be said if Bushrod goes down.

As far as safeties. Rolle is a good player without a doubt if he is healthy. Mundy is good at what he is going to be asked to do, play the run. I know in the long run this is a major area of concern, but these two former teammates should be able to be respectable for this season.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller was playing injured for a few games last year.

Rolle has been a good player but he may not have anything left (33 in Dec) hopefully he can have a couple healthy productive seasons.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of these seasons the Bears could get lucky on a late rnd draft pick. They've had more than their fair share of bad picks so at some point they could hit on one. :shrug:

yep I think Briggs was actually a 4th rd pick.

Its about time we hit on a later rounder

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I can count to purple...

Liked Posts:
For me it would definitely be why I think that Cody Kessler would make the perfect young franchise QB for the Bears to draft & seriously build around, along with the weapons they have with position players.

Usually when I see a QB prospect from USC I think of Sanchez or Pennington type QB's. Not that Pennington would be any worse than what this fan base has watched from their franchise QB's in the past. But in any matter IMO Cody Kessler is the best of the bunch with 2016 QB prospects, & looks more like a cross between a young Brady & Breese to me. Kessler doesn't have Jeff George type arm strength, but he's no slouch either. Instead Kessler has very good arm strength & elite accuracy. Not only that but he has all of the intangibles to be a QB. I've been watching as much as I can find on Kessler & notice that he is a tremendous leader with excellent pocket presence/awareness, good footwork to avoid pocket pressure, who goes through his reads & progressions under pressure almost to perfection, & better than most pro QB's let alone young prospects. He is also awesome at anticipating what his receivers are going to do on timing routes to hit them for the completion. His completion percentage & TD to INT ratio are & have been through the rough since become USCs starter.

I really hope that if the Bears draft a QB in 2016 that they don't make the same mistakes & take someone because they have a strong arm & large stature. This time around I want to see a prospect worthy of bearing the QB label with a very good arm, excellent accuracy, efficiency, & intangibles that a QB really should have to successfully lead an offense. Not just another strong armed goon who can throw the ball 70 yards to the wrong team in a league that currently thrives on lots of mid range passing. Kessler is the perfect type of QB for the current era of offensive play in the NFL too. Right now the NFL is all about medium range passing & loads of it too that really seems require more of a smart QB with a very good arm, great accuracy & the ability to throw A LOT with minimal mistakes/turnovers. That fits Kessler perfectly.

USC is about to have a an entirely new starting receiving corp., that being the case, if Kessler is able to turn in another season like he has for the past two then there will be no doubt for me who I'd like to see the Bears draft for the future at the QB position.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My main concern with the team is the CBs followed by the depth at Oline. The rest of the team is solid.
Fangio is the real deal, he will turn the defense around to being respectable within the first 5 games.
As far as the QB question; As soon as we get a young QB that is as good or better then Cutler, or even has the potential of being as good as Cutler is now.

LOL that's pretty much everybody.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL that's pretty much everybody.

and yet we still haven't managed to do it. We traded for Cutler and he holds most our records

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hi fellow suffering BEARs fans !

For me it has been a terrible offseason. We havent had the usual hyped nonsense to quell our search for information.

WHAT IS the FIRST concern that pops into your head about this team immediately.... that you wish to talk about with a fellow member.....as if striking up a conversation ??

for me it would be :

Can Fangio work his magic with the personnel he has been blessed with ? ..... going with this idea secondarily, do you think consequently Allen and McC are goin bye bye ?

A SECOND thought I would start up a conversation about would be :

Can Cutler Get us to the Playoffs in the next 2 yrs ? ...... goin with this idea secondarily, if one says No..... then why the Hell arent we getting rid of this sucker ?

Anyways Fan Day at Soldier Field is always fun to bring the kids and continue the tradition of unmitigated Bear Fandom

yes and yes

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio had really good talent in SF.

Good coach, yes.
Miracle worker, no.

Cutler has made the playoffs 1/10 in his career, so playing the percentages NO he cannot.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Derrrrr......

(intelligent response)